Amazon: Buy 2 select Platinum Hits Get a Third Free

MarkHawk

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I went back about 4 pages and couldn't find any mention of this. Delete it if it has posted already.

Amazon is offering Buy 2 Xbox 360 Platinum Hits Get a Third Free. Titles aren't completely garbage but I am a little disappointed to see a good amount missing (Dead Space... where are you?)

Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_82966671_7?ie=UTF8&docId=1000420671&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-4&pf_rd_r=0EB835HBNYRNRJ4C2NW8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=489508331&pf_rd_i=468642

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought Gears of War and Lego Star Wars when they were listed at $19.99 and now they are $18.49 and $18.99 respectively. I know it's only a few bucks but doesn't amazon do a reimbursement for price changes?

[quote name='vanlandw']I bought Gears of War and Lego Star Wars when they were listed at $19.99 and now they are $18.49 and $18.99 respectively. I know it's only a few bucks but doesn't amazon do a reimbursement for price changes?[/QUOTE]

Not anymore.

[quote name='Bobster823']I guess I'm one of the few whose favorite Lego game is Batman[/QUOTE]Lego Batman is my favorite between it & Lego Star Wars. I have not played Lego Indiana Jones though.

[quote name='token2k6']I'm not going to get into a huge debate here, but how is watching the orginal first, vs the new "technologically superior" films the correct order? Let's see, what a wierd chronological time warp that would be since the 'later' films were ACTUALLY the first in the story arc. Growing up as a kid, the triology made little sense to me other than that it was cool. when I finally got to watch all six in order, it made perfect sense.

So, it's only common sense to watch them in the order the creator/director intended it to be, not some fanboy's belief structure. You certainly wouldn't start at chapter 15 in a 30 chapter book, then go back and read the first fifteen would you?[/QUOTE]

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

[quote name='stalfosking']Not anymore.[/QUOTE]

That's right I remember the CAG forums being angry about that awhile back. It's not a big deal I guess but knowing if I waited I would have saved $2.50 is kinda annoying keeping in mind with saver shipping it's taking them now the full nine days to get stuff to me. ugh

I think I'm going to pick up all three lego games. I have the star wars original trilogy game and enjoyed it.

[quote name='bleak']What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.[/QUOTE]

Okay, a simple "wrong" would have done just fine.

[quote name='bleak']What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.[/QUOTE]

What was hard to understand? He said that you should watch and / or read things in chronological order.

For those who ordered lego indiana jones, let us know if you also get the indiana jones/kung fu panda double pack.

[quote name='Warpath01']does the mass effect platinum hit version include the DLC "Bring down the sky" with it?[/QUOTE]

Yes it does.

In for Lego Batman, Bioshock, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance. Tried to decide on Lego Batman or Spiderman 3, but I figure I know LB will be fun...not sure about the other.

Hmm are they really all platinum? For the picture for the Marvel game it's regular it seems..

My three are currently

BioShock, Gears of War, and Mass Effect

But I want Marvel too but not if it's the regular plain edition. I want the one with the extra characters/costumes..

Edit: Wound up buying GoW,ME, and Marvel. The DLC for Bioshock is for free, so you can just buy the regular game disc from NewEgg for $20 and download the DLC. If Amazon sends me a regular Marvel disc I'll just call customer service I guess..

Sorry to continue an off-topic discussion, but you should definitely watch the Star Wars films in the order they were released. That's the way everyone has watched them. If you don't, you miss many of the nods and tips of the hat that happen in the three prequels. It's the same thing as the MGS series. You don't wanna play MGS3 first, just because it took place earliest in the fiction's time line. You'll miss out on so much, like when Eva tells Snake that he'll regret not letting her kill Ocelot or when Granin is trying to describe his walking tank and calls it "a metal gear."

[quote name='HelloArby']NICE im going to get assassins creed, mass effect, and some other 3rd game. Any suggestions[/QUOTE]

Burnout

[quote name='SilverBulletKY']What was hard to understand? He said that you should watch and / or read things in chronological order.[/QUOTE]

It's from Billy Madison, when he gives the speech about the boy who lost his dog...

Nevertheless, the point stands. Watching the Star Wars prequels first would, in my opinion, kill the magic of the original trilogy. They certainly made me think less of Star Wars in general. The prequels are entertaining, but they really don't have any soul. If you're actually trying to get *into* Star Wars, there's no point in even seeing them, unless you really liked the originals. Otherwise, they're just like watching a Michael Bay movie.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']I can't decide between

Bioshock
Burnout Paradise
Mass effect
Assassin's Creed

Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

for me, i'd choose Bioshock, Mass Erect & Assasin's Creed. but then again, i don't fancy racing titles - so it is entirely up to you. :)

Yea, I was going to pick up burnout for my brother (because he just loves car/racing games) but I might just get MUA instead. Still stuck between those 4 games tho :wall:

Be advised that this is not the platinum hits version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It comes in a green box, as pictured, so no DLC or bonus disc.

I received the regular version of Batman, as listed, but the platinum hits version of Indy. All others were platinum hits, including Burnout Paradise (listed as standard version).

Dang. I really only want Mass Effect from that list and I can't pick out a second game, much less a third one. (Already own BioShock, Gears of War, and Oblivion.) Wish they had a little more selection!

[quote name='sparkchronic']finally bit on oblivion hope its as enjoyable as fallout
with lego bm and a free lego indy[/QUOTE]

Oblivion is good, but I just started playing it again a few days ago and forgot about how much the technical aspects had been cleaned up for Fallout. It's still a great game, but the shitty framerate and constant loading sucks.

[quote name='Easy Reader']Be advised that this is not the platinum hits version of Marvel Ultimate Alliance. It comes in a green box, as pictured, so no DLC or bonus disc.
[/QUOTE]

I was wondering about that, although I haven't gotten my items yet I sent Amazon customer service an email asking about it.

I think the gold edition is still $30 and amazon has a different version of MUA that is $25. Which I'm assuming is the platinum hit that has the DLC already on it. So why is Amazon sending out the regular one? Sounds kinda shady to me.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']The deal is buy 2 PLATINUM hits get 1 free. Regular edition doesn't have the same content as platinum.[/QUOTE]

It's not the platinum edition that has all the extra content. It's the Gold Edition.

[quote name='depascal22']It's not the platinum edition that has all the extra content. It's the Gold Edition.[/QUOTE]

The platinum edition is basically the gold edition but cheaper.

Platinum Edition

g34207n58l7.jpg

Regular Edition

517GZ2SMTCL._SS500_.jpg

Like I said it sounds shady but might be an honest mistake. I'd bite if I could get the platinum edition on this deal.

True but at the same time their advertising says "Get three Platinum Hits for your Xbox 360 for the price of two. Offer limited to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion ends on September 12, 2009 at 11:59PST. Offer good while supplies last. Limit one per customer. *Shipping fees and taxes may apply."

Anyway I'm going see what customer service says...

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Still not shady, because they aren't showing the PH box. It's clearly the regular edition box.[/QUOTE]

That's the issue. What is a RE game doing on a PH sale?

This is what Amazon does to clear out stock. You may get the original version, or you might get the platinum hits version. It didn't really matter with original Xbox games (unless you were picky about silver cases), but I wish they would be a little more explicit about what a customer receives since DLC is now included on platinum hits.

In the past, I've received platinum hits editions for other games when Amazon lists the standard version (and vice versa). I believe that once a PH version is available, Amazon doesn't discriminate. If it's too much of a hassle for them to create a separate listing for each barcode, it would be easy to have a disclaimer that mentions Amazon has both versions in-sock at its warehouses and the customer may receive either product.

It looks like someone may have complained about this from a previous deal. If you notice, Forza 2 is explicitly listed as "platinum hits" in the item title, and the thumbnail is of the newer PH insert design (e.g. Mass Effect). I'm not surprised by this since that version ships with all the cars and tracks.

[quote name='Laughing Man']True but at the same time their advertising says "Get three Platinum Hits for your Xbox 360 for the price of two. Offer limited to products shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Promotion ends on September 12, 2009 at 11:59PST. Offer good while supplies last. Limit one per customer. *Shipping fees and taxes may apply."

Anyway I'm going see what customer service says...[/QUOTE]

Please report back with their response. I doubt CS will oblige since Amazon doesn't seem to carry the platinum hits version, and the gold edition is only available through marketplace sellers.

Yeah, they're just offering to return the game for the ~$13. A shame as it'd be great if they could distinguish between the 2 versions. At least Amazon has easy returns though.

I'll post what CS says when they get back to me (I wrote in Friday I think so I'm waiting till Monday). It seems that the content missing from the regular version of the Marvel game compared to the Platinum is 800 Microsoft points, so it'd be nice if they offered that if they can't actually give you a platinum hits version.

But if it's what Ganelon says that it's just offering to return the game then I dunno. We'll see..

This is the exact message I received minus the closing default service remarks:

Hello,

I'm sorry the "Marvel Ultimate Alliance" wasn't what you intended to order. We don't offer an exchange program, but you're welcome to return the item. We'll issue a refund for your original order and you can place a new order for the item you'd like.

As you mentioned $19.99 was applied as promo for the this order #x, and this $19.99 will applied for all the 3 items in this order as even as $6.63. If you return the promo amount $6.63 will deducted in the return and $13.36 will be issued as refund if you return this Marvel Ultimate Alliance.

Any promotional funds used toward your purchase are not refunded. Promotional funds work much like coupons in a physical store--if you return the item, you're refunded for the amount you paid out of pocket, and not for the amount of the coupon.

If you still want to return this item you may follow this link to find instructions and a return mailing label for returning your order:

http://www.amazon.com/x

Once you print the label, put the packing slip (included inside the original package) in the carton, and wrap the package securely. Then just attach it to the package and drop your return off at any post office.

When you return the item, follow the instructions listed on the mailing label page. If you don't have a printer, write back to us to let us know:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/returns-and-refunds.html

We'll send you an e-mail when your refund is processed. This usually happens within 4 weeks of shipping your return, though in many cases you’ll receive a refund more quickly.

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

[quote name='bvaldez']Finally jumped on Assassin's Creed. Also got Mass Effect and Lego Star Wars[/QUOTE]

This buy is an epic win.

Thanks for posting your results with CS, everyone.

[quote name='Ganelon']Yeah, they're just offering to return the game for the ~$13. A shame as it'd be great if they could distinguish between the 2 versions. At least Amazon has easy returns though.[/QUOTE]

I think I can manage to get $13 of fun out of the game. :)

It definitely beats the original price of $60.

[quote name='Ganelon']This is the exact message I received minus the closing default service remarks:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for posting this, I knew it was going to work out this way but this probably the best price you're going to get it with MUA 2 coming out soon.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']That's the issue. What is a RE game doing on a PH sale?[/QUOTE]

For a minute I stared at this and thought "wait what? they added RE5 to this? where?"

Yup, it's a regular edition, the customer service rep basically told me that since there's no way for them to check what their warehouses have they just have to go by their website too, and they directed me to Activision (makers of the game) if I had any other questions about the versions of the game.

Oh well. I can still play the game without the DLC.

You can also get it for $20 at Newegg and 18.99 at Buy.com I believe. Both free shipping, and since the DLC is free anyway there's no benefit of getting the Platinum edition.

[quote name='Azul_KoolAid']That's the issue. What is a RE game doing on a PH sale?[/QUOTE]

What do you care? Would you rather NOT have it as an option in the sale? Sometimes, I think a number of you guys seriously just look for things to complain about. It's not like Amazon is trying to trick anyone. They didn't show the PE version send anyone the RE version. You can clearly see that it isn't the PE version.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']What do you care? Would you rather NOT have it as an option in the sale? Sometimes, I think a number of you guys seriously just look for things to complain about. It's not like Amazon is trying to trick anyone. They didn't show the PE version send anyone the RE version. You can clearly see that it isn't the PE version.[/QUOTE]

The game they sell you contradicts what the sale is all about but I don't think anyone was really stressing about it. It just would of been nice to have the DLC for free. You do know you're posting on cheap ass gamer, right?

I just got all 3 lego games for $33.23 with the eca discount. Sweet deal because they took the 10% off the total price before giving you the 3rd game free.

bread's done
Back