Amazon: Buy 360 and GTA 4 and get $30 off.

This is actually cheaper in Texas...assuming a $350 xbox
That is to say...if you live in texas, and the xbox is $350, amazon is the better deal.

I might do this. Thanks.

I have 2 refurb Premium 360s I'd like to sell and get a new one. What's changed in the Premiums lately? They have HDMI now right? And a quieter DVD drive? How's the reliability of new models?

This is just as good, if not better, then the Best Buy deal.

Best Buy deal total: $350 + 60 + 25 tax = 435 - 50 gift card = 385

Amazon deal total: $350 + 60 = $410 - 30 = $380. (no tax, free shipping)

You also don't have to use a gift card, it's just $30 off straight up. Thanks for posting.. I'm gonna get it from Amazon.

[quote name='kellehair']I might do this. Thanks.

I have 2 refurb Premium 360s I'd like to sell and get a new one. What's changed in the Premiums lately? They have HDMI now right? And a quieter DVD drive? How's the reliability of new models?[/quote]Yeah that is correct and they have fans that actually work and blow cool air.

what is the policy on amazon price drops. I thought I read somewhere that if the price drops int he next 90 days after purchase you can price match?

I have 2 refurb Premium 360s I'd like to sell and get a new one. What's changed in the Premiums lately? They have HDMI now right? And a quieter DVD drive? How's the reliability of new models?[/QUOTE]

They have HDMI and 65nm chipsets - they run a lot cooler, and are now (anecdotally) as reliable as a typical gaming system.

I have 2 refurb Premium 360s I'd like to sell and get a new one. What's changed in the Premiums lately? They have HDMI now right? And a quieter DVD drive? How's the reliability of new models?[/QUOTE]

This looks like a decent deal, but I think Jasper is supposed to come out by August.

The disc drives are still unreliable.

It's still too early to tell if the new Falcons are crap or not because most of the old 360s didn't start blowing up until about a year later.

I just expect to change mine out for a new one every 18 or so months, even though, that thought process is ludicrous. The 360's product quality is atrocious.

might jump on this... i was planning on getting an elite anyways... but im kind of scared to get an xbox online..

best buy's warranty is great but tax sucks..

and id go crazy if i somehow get an old lot/system

[quote name='mbeno13']what is the policy on amazon price drops. I thought I read somewhere that if the price drops int he next 90 days after purchase you can price match?[/quote]

As long as its within 30 days and you did not pre-order the item. And you can only price match the item only once if its currently the cheaper price on Amazon and only Amazon.

Remember that the Best Buy Deal isn't $50 off but you get a $50 gift card. So the Amazon deal is better if you are looking to spend less money now.

EDIT: Oops vegetarian posted the same thing :oops:

I grabbed vegeterians post and edited it for elites:

Best Buy deal total: $450 + 60 + 35 tax = $545 out of pocket now + $50 gc

Amazon deal total: $450 + 60 = $510- $30= $480 (no tax, free shipping)

In my particular situation .. i have $100 gc for BB and $50 gc for Amazon..

I am not seeing the $30 amazon discount in cart though..

[quote name='vegetarian']The discount is applied as you get later in the checkout process.[/QUOTE]

I was testing this promo out and the promotion is only applied on the checkout screen.

Sorry didn't your post vegetarian

Sorry for the "noob" question, but what is the "jasper" xbox 360. I've read about the falcon ones, but not familiar with the other one.

Glad to help.

As an aside, I think it's pretty silly to wait on each new iteration of the Box. Whether it's falcon, zephyr, or jasper, etc. The box is continually going to evolve, and there are versions of it that we don't even know about.

As it stands, the box is much, much more reliable and I think it's a great time to jump in. As for the quieter drive, that's kind of a myth in my opinion. I swapped mine a month ago cause I had a Fry's warranty, and this new BenQ drive is still pretty freaking loud.

thats where the bb warranty shines.. you can just come in store ans return your "broken" 360 and they let you just pick up a new one or give you a gc.

beats mailing your system in and getting a refurb..but then again i forget how much the warranty on an elite is...

Can you use the Bestbuy giftcard toward the purchase right on the spot? Amazon is definitely the better deal...

Amazon: $449.99 + $59.99 = $509.98 - $30 = $479.98
Besbuy: $449.99 + $59.99 = $509.98 + $42.07335(tax) = $552.05335 - $50 = $502.05335
Unless they deduct the $50gc before tax: $449.99 + $59.99 = $509.98 - $50 = 459.98 + $37.94835(tax) = $497.92835 (still more expensive).

Guess I'll be saving my $50 Bestbuy gc from Christmas again >_>. Maybe buy a game with it.

Edit: Damnit, you cant apply for the Amazon Visa anymore? I was hoping to knock another $30 off with it.

I ordered this deal back on Friday and now I see that Amazon isn't planning on shipping my order until May 5th. That seems awfully late to me. Anyone else have this experience?

[quote name='drmuerto']I ordered this deal back on Friday and now I see that Amazon isn't planning on shipping my order until May 5th. That seems awfully late to me. Anyone else have this experience?[/quote]

Did you choose the free shipping? That'll delay it that long.

whoa I was about to order from them but if its going to take that long .. i may just go to bb instead....

what is amazon's warranty? i was considering the bb warranty (i can exchange it right then and there in store down the line incase newer model comes out)..

estimated delivery dates are april 30th for elite.. may 1st for gta 4

[quote name='terribledeli']Did you choose the free shipping? That'll delay it that long.[/quote]
Not really. They're a little slower shipping out with free shipping but not THAT slow. I always use free shipping and the order rarely takes more than 4 business days to get to me.

Amazon is already shipping out their GTA4 orders. I would expect yours to ship by tomorrow. Their shipping estimates for free shipping are almost always way off.

Update: I just got my amazon shipping confirmation. So it looks like my system and game will actually be here some time this week. I'm guessing wed. or so. That's fine by me, since I have a ton of work to do anyway and probably won't get to sit down with the game properly until sunday evening.

I found this deal on my own surfing on Amazon the other day and bought a Premium and Special Edition GTA. I was planning on buying the system and the regular game, but with the $30 off, I could get the SE for the same price. Plus, there's no tax, which is great. And even greater, there's an Amazon warehouse less than an hour from my house, so whenever I choose free shipping, I always get it in 2 days after it ships.

I jumped on this deal this week and got my premium today, but GTA won't come until next Wednesday.

[quote name='mattoz85']there's an Amazon warehouse less than an hour from my house, so whenever I choose free shipping, I always get it in 2 days after it ships.[/quote]Do you pay tax?

bread's done
Back