Amazon: Buy Batman AA Get $10 GC.

Estebon

Banned
Didn't see it posted anywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QCWRWK/ref=xs_gb_bd_DsB!VEJAall-?pf_rd_p=441937801&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YQZZJ70B7BBGXZ7V45V

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can a mod update this to say buy Batman AA get $7 off list price + $10 Video Game GC + $5 MP3 GC? The current title does not take in all the possible value options. CAGers should know that this is the best deal on Batman going right now.

[quote name='Don G.']I also emailed them. If they don't honor it then what's to stop anyone from returning it and reordering it?[/QUOTE]

Nothing, but you need to ask yourself if that $5 difference is worth your name going in their little black book.
Too many of these revenge returns and they will cancel your account so fast your head will spin.

[quote name='tightclaws']stupid amazon says it shipped monday yet no Sign of it at the post. 3 days later and not even in the system. I'm offically sick of Amazon they have lost my business.[/QUOTE]
Amazon is about this close to losing my business forever .

stop bashing amazon. they have one of the greatest deals and customer services to put up with us.

Thanks to peer pressure I jumped at this chance and skipped the 5off coupon. The deal is about the same so what's with the complaints? You're just shifting 5 dollars to another game.

I hate peer pressure.

Might be worth mentioning that the PS3 CE version is back to full price. Certainly makes it less of a deal for that SKU.

[quote name='Zimmy']Nothing, but you need to ask yourself if that $5 difference is worth your name going in their little black book.
Too many of these revenge returns and they will cancel your account so fast your head will spin.[/QUOTE]
Stop being dramatic; the only time I could see this happening is extreme cases where a person just orders stuff to return it constantly. If it's a valid return over dissatisfaction with not honoring a current promotion, then that's on Amazon. It's in their best interest to just keep the consumer happy and a customer for life than incur more shipping/overhead expenses.

I've had wonderful experiences with Newegg, Buydig, et cetera in honoring price drops or promotions a few days after it was shipped or received. I'd be shocked if Amazon doesn't harbor the same level of customer service, especially when some orders haven't even shipped yet.

Funny those saying they are ditching Amazon. I don't expect to see any posts from you on Black Friday when they kill everybody else like they did last year.

I just bought AA from TRU and got the $20 GC... Now I just saw Amazons $10 credit when u buy thru them. Ive got $20 worth of amazon gift cards. hmm, should i return the TRU copy and just order from amazon.com so that i can get $30 total towards an amazon purchase?

[quote name='AsianInvasion']I just bought AA from TRU and got the $20 GC... Now I just saw Amazons $10 credit when u buy thru them. Ive got $20 worth of amazon gift cards. hmm, should i return the TRU copy and just order from amazon.com so that i can get $30 total towards an amazon purchase?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but why not use the gift cards now?

Well after feeling unhappy. I emailed them and they gave me a 10 dollar off credit on my next purchase you can't really beat that, I went ahead and bought Tiger Woods Wii for 39.99 which is on sale and then had another 10 off to pay 29.99 shipped making my Batman a very reasonable 37.99 plus free MP3 album. I have to admit Amazon has bent over to keep me happy. I will now STFU about them not taking care of customers because they have consisantly. Every time I have had a problem they have taken care of it very timely. This was Amazingly FAST I have to say. So if you pre-ordered Batman and want this 10 dollar credit I suggest you email, do not call as there phone servce is not as good in exp.

Amazon's CS resolution has been great but the response time has been poor lately. I never get a response within the promised 12 hours. I shot an email regarding Batman 12 hours ago and I hadn't gotten anything back.

The slow response time did help me with Halo:ODST for the 5 dollar extra GC email inquiry. Fired one and another one after 24 hours of no response and both emails were finally replied with first one taking 5 dollar off initial order amount and second one applying the code.

I e-mailed them too. Can't hurt and the extra $10 would be great for whatever deals tomorrow brings for the all day videogame gold box!

[quote name='VaRIABLE SoUL']Hmm, my preorder still hasn't shipped.

I'll email them and ask about the $10 gc too[/QUOTE]
It could be worse, they could claim they shipped your order on Monday and then as of close of business thurs there is still no record of your package with POST OFFICE. I fear they have lost my package. They claim I should give it time but I'm getting Angry I want my Batman, if the post still does not have and they charged my card on the 24th I don't know where it is. It sucks.

Sent an email as well. Not a huge deal, but another $10 would make me feel better about those good-not-spectacular CE bonus items. ;)

My order has yet to ship and I ordered 3 days ago...so...I emailed as well. What's bogus is that even though my game has yet to ship...I cannot cancel the order. And that's because of the new deal. Here's hoping I get the $10GC on top of my order. :)

I sent an email as well. I am kind of mad that they did this, but on the other hand they got the game to me just 1 day after release with super saver shipping, so I guess it's not all bad. Would be great to get that $10 though, as I plan on buying at least 3-4 more games from them this year.

Well my Game arrived here " - - -" today "great" so unkonwn location accroding to Amazon and post still has no record I hate the way they do things now.

hmm. I preordered this about a week ago, and I emailed them anyway to as if I can still get the GC offer... we'll see how this goes.

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']My order has yet to ship and I ordered 3 days ago...so...I emailed as well. What's bogus is that even though my game has yet to ship...I cannot cancel the order. And that's because of the new deal. Here's hoping I get the $10GC on top of my order. :)[/QUOTE]
Same. I guess they're cock-blocking existing orders from canceling until they ship due to the new promotion. Sent in my e-mail, so we'll see what their stance is on items not yet shipped. In all honesty, we should be eligible regardless of when the order was placed since the only stipulation is:

"
The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships."

Guess we'll see.

[quote name='Don G.']I sent them an email earlier today and they credited me with 10 bucks
s. Can't really complain. They did take care of their customer. :)[/QUOTE]

How early ago did you send them the email? I haven't received a response from Amazon yet. =/

In process of raising hell until I get the GC. Emailed and called. The lady I spoke to didn't know what she was doing so will call again tonight when I can talk to a nice Indian Boy/Girl who will help out quickly

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']How early ago did you send them the email? I haven't received a response from Amazon yet. =/[/QUOTE]

Yeah same here. Response time has been horrible for me lately. Most times I shoot one in the morning and I get response when i wake up the next morning only to be rejected. :bomb:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Comments:You have an offer for this game that reads:

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Will this be applied to my order since it hasn't shipped yet?
Hello from Amazon.com.

As indicated in the online description of the "Batman: Arkham Asylum " offer, we will send your promotional certificate via e-mail 2 days after the order ships.

Please note that $10 off promotion will apply to future video game purchase not for the current order.So this promo will not be applied on current order.. this promo is for future orders.

You should be receiving your promotional certificate of $10.00 after 2 days of shipping date .

If you have not received your certificate by this date, please let us know by filling out the e-mail form on this page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/pricing-and-promotions.html/

For your reference, I have included the link of item with promotion restriction below:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E8VB6O

I hope this information helps .

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.
Guess I have this email in-case they try not to honor it.

amazon customer service FTW!!!
i emailed them and they reduced my game by 10 dollars because i wont be getting the credit. got me batman AA for 32.xx dollars :D

I just sent them another email regarding the matter. I also mentioned to them that I know they have been taking care of their other customers regarding my very same issue...and that I hope they extend the same courtesy they have shown to their other customers. Here's hoping this places them into a corner...because if they don't...it signifies discrimination to do it for some and not for others regarding the exact same issue.

I called and got the run around a few times, got someone in the Philippines and then someone in India. The first woman didn't understand a thing I said.

Me: I'm calling about my Batman Arkham Asylum order #####
Her: Is this about your BioShock 2 order?
Me: NO it's about my Batman order. Whole thing about when I ordered, why I have $10.20 off already (ECA and $5 code) and why I should get the $10 credit since my order hasn't even shipped and the promo says I get it 2 days after my item shipped.
Her: I'm sorry I cannot apply any promo to this order because it is in the shipping process
Me: I do NOT want you to apply a promo to this order, I should be getting a promo from amazon for ANOTHER FUTURE order.
Her: I see what is going on here, the promo is not applied because you can only apply 2 promos at a time...
Me: I'm not trying to apply a promo...can I speak to someone in America?
Her: I'm sorry we cannot transfer calls her.
Me: I'll just call back then and hope I get someone in America.
Her: OK I added notes to your account.
Me: Thanks *click*

The last woman kinda understood and just gave me a $10 promo for a future order. Overall I got what I wanted, but I was very aggravated.

Hello,

I understand your concern about the $10.00 promotion. So that, I've requested a refund of $10.00 to reimburse you. This will be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days. We'll send you another e-mail when the refund is complete.

The completed refund will be added to your gift card balance. These funds will be automatically applied to your next order.

:)

[quote name='Brother Daz']Hello,

I understand your concern about the $10.00 promotion. So that, I've requested a refund of $10.00 to reimburse you. This will be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days. We'll send you another e-mail when the refund is complete.

The completed refund will be added to your gift card balance. These funds will be automatically applied to your next order.

:)[/QUOTE]

Hey Daz...how long ago did you contact them? Was it by email?

[quote name='SmileyMcSmiles']Hey Daz...how long ago did you contact them? Was it by email?[/QUOTE]

Pleas look at the format of his post and all will come clear my child

Just got my reply and got $10 promotional certificate.
All in all not bad.
Goldbox + ECA + 5 dollar off + $10.00 for missing my release date delivery + $10.00 for today.

Can't wait to play it over the weekend

If this goes through for me, that makes my copy of Batman $19 (if you're counting the MP3 credit and video game credit as money).

I received this message back:
[quote name='Ashok J.']As indicated in the online description of the "Batman: Arkham Asylum" offer, we will send your promotional certificate via e-mail within 2 days after the order ships.

If your order meets all of the offer's terms and conditions, you should be receiving your promotional certificate by August 28.
[/quote]
Not quite what I was looking for, but I guess I can try again if the cert doesn't show up.

Hi, it's come to my attention that there is currently a promotion for the Batman: Arkham Asylum video game:

"Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

This applies to both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 versions of the game. Does it also apply to the PC version? It wouldn't seem fair to leave out PC users.

I currently have a pre-order for the PC version (which comes out on Sept 15) and I would be overjoyed if I applied for this promotion. The promotion states, "The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships", and indeed my copy will not be shipping for another 2 weeks. This gives me hope, and I have friends who have had success in getting this credit for orders that were placed prior this promotion going live.

Thanks for your help!

And now we wait...

I called amazon today to get this $10 gc since I just bought this on Monday and they gave it as a promo.

In short:
$52-$5 arkham promo for amazon -$30 in trade in promo credit -$10 in this GC I just got back, bought Batman AA for $8. Which, was paid for with GC I had. :D

Got my $10 promo as well. Can't beat $36.99 after coupon and $10 gift card! (Well, I guess the TRU deal with the $30 GC was technically better, but still for a great new AAA release...)

EDIT: Oh, forgot that I got the extra $30 promo credit as well, but I considered that I used that towards Metroid Prime Trilogy.

bread's done
Back