Amazon: Buy Batman AA Get $10 GC.

Estebon

Banned
Didn't see it posted anywhere.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001QCWRWK/ref=xs_gb_bd_DsB!VEJAall-?pf_rd_p=441937801&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=20&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0YQZZJ70B7BBGXZ7V45V

Get a $10 Video Games Credit
Order Batman: Arkham Asylum and get $10 off a future video game purchase. The promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. Offer valid for a limited time and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Poor2More, what message did you use? I just sent a third email in. If they reject it this time, I give up. I'm a bit peeved at this whole situation.

[quote name='RedGamer']Poor2More, what message did you use? I just sent a third email in. If they reject it this time, I give up. I'm a bit peeved at this whole situation.[/QUOTE]

Basically explaining how their Alienating folks who pre-order, and basically this promotion encourage not to do future pre-orders.

I sounded all educated and shit, I even hit them with bullet points in the contruction of my paragraph, still rejected with that same exact rejection email word for word

[quote name='Poor2More']Rejected for third time.....

Note to self, do not pre-order from Amazon, because a better promotion is just around the corner aka the day it releases[/QUOTE]

[quote name='RedGamer']Poor2More, what message did you use? I just sent a third email in. If they reject it this time, I give up. I'm a bit peeved at this whole situation.[/QUOTE]

You guys should just call customer service. I personally think it's much easier to reject a customer over email than in person. While I recommend doing it politely, I suppose sounding upset on the phone would get more attention, too.

[quote name='zohar']You guys should just call customer service. I personally think it's much easier to reject a customer over email than in person. While I recommend doing it politely, I suppose sounding upset on the phone would get more attention, too.[/QUOTE]

85.9% of the time, me and the CSR cannot understand each other, language barriers (I speak english, and thats def not their 1st language) and their Q cards are sooooo outdated

Amazon needs a live-chat customer service system.

It would work so well. You open the link/window up, put yourself in a queue, and get connected to a customer service representative as soon as possible.

You can then have a real-time conversation, instead of:

Consumer emails CSR 00:00:00
CSR replies to Consumer 15:00:00
Consumer doesn't like response, files new email. 15:00:00
CSR replies to Consumer 30:00:00
Consumer files yet another email 30:00:00
CSR replies for the final time. 45:00:00

Consumer still ends up shafted. 45:00:00.

In all reality though, you're not gonna open up your email -exactly- when the CSR sends it. So it's worse than that, at least for me.

Did anyone get the $5 mp3 credit yet? I don't remember if that was part of the preorders or not, and I just realized I didn't get it if it was. Not really a big deal though considering what they have done for me. I might email them and ask for it but that might be pushing to far.

[quote name='RedGamer']Amazon needs a live-chat customer service system.

It would work so well. You open the link/window up, put yourself in a queue, and get connected to a customer service representative as soon as possible.

You can then have a real-time conversation, instead of:

Consumer emails CSR 00:00:00
CSR replies to Consumer 15:00:00
Consumer doesn't like response, files new email. 15:00:00
CSR replies to Consumer 30:00:00
Consumer files yet another email 30:00:00
CSR replies for the final time. 45:00:00

Consumer still ends up shafted. 45:00:00.

In all reality though, you're not gonna open up your email -exactly- when the CSR sends it. So it's worse than that, at least for me.[/QUOTE]

AMEN!, see what ticks me off a little, is that I take the time for a thought provoking, nice thought out email...still to get rejected with a Default email that they cut and pasted...if they actually took a minute or two, to actually type a proper reply, I could leave somewhat satisfied, even if it's not the reply I was hoping for.

[quote name='bcb4589']Did anyone get the $5 mp3 credit yet? I don't remember if that was part of the preorders or not, and I just realized I didn't get it if it was. Not really a big deal though considering what they have done for me. I might email them and ask for it but that might be pushing to far.[/QUOTE]

I didn't get that either.

I emailed for the $10 credit. First time didn't work, but the second time, I mentioned that the promotional period was not specified and I got it. Put it toward Batman: The Complete Animated Series.

[quote name='sephiroth61787']I didn't get that either.

I emailed for the $10 credit. First time didn't work, but the second time, I mentioned that the promotional period was not specified and I got it. Put it toward Batman: The Complete Animated Series.[/QUOTE]

Are you going to ask for the $5? I am debating whether to try or not.

[quote name='bcb4589']Did anyone get the $5 mp3 credit yet? I don't remember if that was part of the preorders or not, and I just realized I didn't get it if it was. Not really a big deal though considering what they have done for me. I might email them and ask for it but that might be pushing to far.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure it WAS part of the pre-ordering, but no, I have not received my $5 mp3 credit yet either.

Slight off topic comment.

Amazon customer service has been overall amazing, so much so that I am now getting BioShock 2 for $3.60 or possibly even free without even touching my gift card balance.

to chime in on a positive note for amazon, i e-mailed them once, simply stating the facts (shipped after promo started), and they got back to me within hours, for $10 off next game purchase. luck of the draw, i guess.

Woot! I got a $10 refund after the third email.

"Hello,

As mentioned previously, we are unable to apply special promotions and discounts to the orders which have already been shipped.

However, as your order was shipped on the same date of the promotion, I've made an exception to our standard policy and requested a refund of $10.00 to your original payment method (as you used gift card, this refund will go back to your gift certificate balance within the next 2-3 business days). You'll see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund here:

-URL ERASED-

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon."

So, even if you've been rejected twice, stay calm. State the facts and then start playing dirty. Be sly about it though. "Amazon.com is my absolute favorite place to shop, but I just don't see myself doing so if I have to deal with hassles like this situation."

That might be a little -too- dirty, but something along those lines is good.

[quote name='exRounder']to chime in on a positive note for amazon, i e-mailed them once, simply stating the facts (shipped after promo started), and they got back to me within hours, for $10 off next game purchase. luck of the draw, i guess.[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I said to get the promo added too me.

[quote name='bcb4589']Are you going to ask for the $5? I am debating whether to try or not.[/QUOTE]

I feel like that might be pushing my luck. If I get it in an email, cool, but if I don't, then no loss really. I'm happy with $10 credit.

I got the rejection email, waited a day and tried again. Got another rejection email, but this time responded to it with the usual well why am I being singled out since other people are getting the credit yadda yadda yadda. Well that did it just got my 10 dollars back.

Sent them a second Email saying that I think I should get in on this offer because I contacted them before they changed the terms (and because this was a better deal), and they gave me the same "didn't qualify" line, but also gave me an exception and put $10 game credit in my account.

Just state the facts, no need to tell them you are entitled to it because they are making exceptions for others or lie about when this deal came out, we all know it wasnt there last tuesday.

My first email was rejected. Just sent out a second one using the "it shipped out after the promo started" line that people here have been using successfully. My game shipped on the 28th so hopefully that works for me.

I don't know if it was always worded this way, but I noticed that the promo now specifically states:

Offer valid starting August 26th, for a limited time, and only when shipped and sold by Amazon.com

I got turned down the first time, but I just emailed again.... fingers crossed. I ordered way back on the 6th, but my order didn't ship til the 28th. Hopefully they'll be understanding.

well i ordered my copy on thursday (after the promo started) and just got it today. i was kind of surprised to see i got the pre order comic as well. maybe the had so many left over and thats why they added the promotion?

[quote name='mkernan']I don't know if it was always worded this way, but I noticed that the promo now specifically states:

I got turned down the first time, but I just emailed again.... fingers crossed. I ordered way back on the 6th, but my order didn't ship til the 28th. Hopefully they'll be understanding.[/QUOTE]

Yeah that part is most certainly new. I guess because of all the $10 refunds/promos amazon had to give out they lost at least $1,000 (100 refunds) so they needed to reword it to be able to stop it.

I got the $10 from this order, but it says that it needs to be used before Sept 30, 2009. Where did it state this when I ordered it or did I just miss it entirely? I was gonna keep the $10 for MW2

....they just stoped replying to me all togther, I send a fourth email, over 72 hours and nothing, I think I might need to pull the race card on the 5th email, and yes Im white BUT they dont know that :)

i got mine on the first try, along with a $5 from dissidia for not getting it on release day, lets just say im only going to pay 38 for ODST

Pulling the race card is stupid.

It will get you nowhere.

You need to be calm, state the facts, and then subtly imply that you are a bit flustered by the whole situation and that you arean't sure if you will be shopping at Amazon anymore. But keep it subtle.

[quote name='RedGamer']Pulling the race card is stupid.

It will get you nowhere.

You need to be calm, state the facts, and then subtly imply that you are a bit flustered by the whole situation and that you arean't sure if you will be shopping at Amazon anymore. But keep it subtle.[/QUOTE]

Sarcasm ;), Im going to go the fact way again

Amazon said they'd send me $10 by August 31st because the promotion was "delayed on their end." Well here it is September 1st, and nothing.

So I emailed them back.

[quote name='hhhdx4']I got a refund just for asking if my order qualified, but I wasnt going to push it farther than that. It doesnt make sense to get up in arms about receiving a promotion that not only was not valid when you ordered it, but a promotion that wasnt promised or advertised to anyone who pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I'm all for being cheap but some people are acting just plain greedy. This is why rules change and get more strict. The deal really isn't that much different from the pre order.

[quote name='strdr4']I got the $10 from this order, but it says that it needs to be used before Sept 30, 2009. Where did it state this when I ordered it or did I just miss it entirely? I was gonna keep the $10 for MW2[/QUOTE]I didn't see this either (still don't see it on the Batman:AA). I was hoping to save this for whenever a deal I'm interested comes up, which may not be in September. Lame :\

If you're definitely getting MW2 through Amazon, you should be fine. I'm pretty sure you can preorder it in Sept. and it'll apply.

I called them and got a credit... immediately preordered Uncharted 2 for 46.99 with free release day shipping. Go amazon

I also don't understand people getting mad about it.. I wasn't anything but cordial.. maybe except for the saying that I am a bit upset that preorders got screwed on this, but I never raised my voice or acted anything but courteous. She was very nice and helped me out. If they had said no I would have dropped it /shrug.

I complained about them saying they were sending me one, and then changing their mind so they apologized and gave me $20.

Kudos to Amazon!

Third time's a charm. I explained very clearly the circumstances of my order and they gave me a $15 promo discount ($10 offer and the $5 mp3 offer).

Just got my rejection letter... Quickly replied with threats of returning the game for a refund. It is frustrating that they are giving us the run around. The game is already on eBay for ~$45!

Just got my $10 refund. That was the fastest reply I have ever received from Amazon. They started out with some foreplay about my order not qualifying, slowly working their way into the hot, steamy... giving me my mother fucking $10! I would rather have the refund than the gift card that expires in less than 30 days anyway. It took 3 emails. Amazon probably should work on that.

[quote name='Hennessy']Anyone know if I can use the gc towards a preorder? I'd like to apply it to fifa 10...[/QUOTE]

Yes. I just preordered Office Season 5.

Two weeks later and I still haven't received my Batman and $10 GC even though they said I was gonna get one previously. Now they say I don't qualify.

[quote name='Hennessy']Anyone know if I can use the gc towards a preorder? I'd like to apply it to fifa 10...[/QUOTE]

Yes, you can.

Never gave me my $10 GC after they said they would, sent another email and got a rejection.

EDIT: Sent a refund threat also, ordered two games out of my Gold Box this morning and noticed a $10 promo applied. Moved those two games out of my cart and ordered Tekken 6 w/Release Date Delivery for less than $48! Success!

Last edited by a moderator:
K, got the promotional certificate. The first e-mail went unanswered, the second e-mail I got rejected, the 3rd e-mail I received it.

When they gave me the $10 certificate, they automatically applied it to my account without a follow-up email.

Bonus: it wasn't restricted to video games.

[quote name='bgnatedg']Just got my rejection letter... Quickly replied with threats of returning the game for a refund. It is frustrating that they are giving us the run around. The game is already on eBay for ~$45![/QUOTE]

I'm not surprised. As good as the game is, there's no replay value. The fighting challenge modes are boring. The stealth ones are fun but half of them are recycled with harder objectives.

[quote name='icedrake523']As good as the game is, there's no replay value.[/QUOTE]

This philosophy makes me sad. Let's all never watch a movie twice, or read a book, or listen to a song. After all, they're the same every time. I re-play games all the time, ones that I know (and love) quite well. You'll really never play Arkham Asylum again? No wish to ever experience it again?

bread's done
Back