Amazon 'Buy More Save More', buy 3 save $15, buy 5 save $30, buy 7 save $50

phishphreak77

CAGiversary!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...8345882&pf_rd_i=B001FFBI8M&tag=blurayforum-20

Save up to $50 on Blu-ray Movies

For a limited time, the more Blu-ray you buy, the more you save.
• Buy three Blu-ray discs below, save $15.
• Buy five Blu-ray discs below, save $30.
• Buy seven Blu-ray discs below, save $50.
Discount is applied automatically at checkout. Restrictions apply, see terms and conditions. Sale ends November 22, 2010. See more DVD and Blu-ray deals.

A little math..

$10.99 titles
3 = $18
5 = $25
7 = $27

$13.99 titles
3 = $27
5 = $40
7 = $48

$18.99 titles
3 = $42
5 = $65
7 = $83

i bought U-571 (10.99), 8 Mile (10.99), the Last Starfighter (10.99), Do the Right Thing (10.99), Away We Go (13.99) & 2 copies of the Express (11.99) and got all 7 for 31.93 with free shipping. $4.56 per blu? are you kidding me? \\:D/

Too bad the only one I would want is U571.

If anyone needs a filler, I'll pay you for U-571 if you get it and ship it to me. (+ some extra for your help)

[quote name='dabamus']Too bad the only one I would want is U571.

If anyone needs a filler, I'll pay you for U-571 if you get it and ship it to me. (+ some extra for your help)[/QUOTE]

the trade-in/resale value for these is damn close to what you'd pay for them so they're essentially potential free rentals. that's what i'm gonna do. the only ones i care to keep to re-watch are u-571, 8 mile and the express. to keep the cost low by picking from the cheaper movies, i got 2 copies of the express to give one as a dirt cheap xmas gift (but they don't have to know that...) hahaha.

Added five but I didn't see a discount taken away. Came up to $82.95.. so.. I'm guessing it'll subtract $50 (since I added 5) after checkout, but I can't justify any five of those for $3x.xx. The only ones I actually need/want are Serenity, King Kong and Love Actually, and I'm sure those will all be $9.99 soon enough.

[quote name='Scorch']Added five but I didn't see a discount taken away. Came up to $82.95.. so.. I'm guessing it'll subtract $50 (since I added 5) after checkout, but I can't justify any five of those for $3x.xx. The only ones I actually need/want are Serenity, King Kong and Love Actually, and I'm sure those will all be $9.99 soon enough.[/QUOTE]

it adds the discount on the "order review" page prior to checking out. it makes NO sense to only buy 5 for 30 off. if you buy 7 and get 50 off, you can add 2 extra 10.99 ones and it's like getting them for 99 cents each. then you can sell them back and make money towards making the ones you did want to keep cheaper. makes plenty of sense to me...

[quote name='Scorch']Added five but I didn't see a discount taken away. Came up to $82.95.. so.. I'm guessing it'll subtract $50 (since I added 5) after checkout, but I can't justify any five of those for $3x.xx. The only ones I actually need/want are Serenity, King Kong and Love Actually, and I'm sure those will all be $9.99 soon enough.[/QUOTE]

and if you added 5, the discount is only going to be 30 bucks not 50.

Yeah, buying 7 and getting $50 off is the only way to go here.

I remember this from last year. I got King Kong, Shaun of the Dead, Army of Darkness, Van Helsing for less than $5 per.

hmm ok...

8 mile
last starfighter
u-571
carlito's way x 2
love actually x 2

- 5.00 ??? no idea why this one happens.
= 37.93

carlito's way 6.25 trade in
love actually 6.50 trade in x2
= 18.68 for 4 or 4.67 each

not going through with this cause don't really feel like bothering with the trade ins.

[quote name='Afflicted']hmm ok...

8 mile
last starfighter
u-571
carlito's way x 2
love actually x 2

= 37.93

not going through with this cause don't really feel like bothering with the trade ins.[/QUOTE]

well i meant the lesser-priced movies would be a better deal. the extra $4 per movie for carlito and love actually kinda spoils things.

[quote name='Afflicted']hmm ok...

8 mile
last starfighter
u-571
carlito's way x 2
love actually x 2

= 37.93

not going through with this cause don't really feel like bothering with the trade ins.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the head's up on the unexplained 5 dollar discount. i'm guessing it's because 2 copies of the same blu were purchased simultaneously? cuz i added a 2nd copy of carlito's way and the -$5 appeared. anyway, i changed my order to replace the last starfighter and the 2nd copy of the express with 2 copies of carlito's and it only came out to be 2 dollars more. the trade-in of the 2nd copy of carlito's will make things even cheaper. UBER SCORE!

...though some of the items went from being available to ship to a backorder. whatever. no big rush. just big savings!

Only things that interest me are Away We Go and Serenity. I guess if I were going to buy these two, I would have to pick up a third just because it would technically be free, but still a little disappointed with the selection. Oh well, may bite anyways seeing as I have a $10 coupon to burn.

Good deal overall (plus I had some credit to use) when you buy 7. Picked up 2 Last Starfighter, 2 Carlito's Way, The Express, Brokeback Mountain, and Away We Go for $33.93. Plan on flipping both the Carlito's Way for about $13 in Amazon credit as soon as they arrive. So 5 blus for around $20 (including Starfighter for a gift) equals win.

If anyone is on the fence, history shows it is better to order early with this sale as the items with > 30% discount usually drop to 25% or below almost immediately.

Had to jump on this. Got 7 blu's for 41 bucks, less that 6 a movie, pretty sick. Plus 5 of them I really wanted: Bruno, Eastern Promises, U-571, 8 Mile, and Brokeback Mountain. I'll give the other two as gifts or something. Thanks OP

you know what, i really didnt want to hassle with this.

just out of curiosity i added
Express
U-571
8-mile
Do the right thing
Last Starfighter
Carlito's Way x2

to see total.... it was 33.69 after discounts and tax...

thats 4.80 per BD. I couldnt resist. I'll sell off one Carlito's Way to curb the cost more

I've never seen The Express, Last Starfighter & Do the right thing, but for this low low price i just cant not buy them, if they suck i will sell off.

Bah... I saw the OP and was holy crap wtf that's a good deal. Then I saw the selection... I don't really WANT any of those. Serenity is really the only one I'd actually like to have in my collection. Too bad cause this is a damn good deal.

Went in with a friend. Got 2X Starfighter, 2X 8 Mile, one Let the Right One In, one U-571, and one The Express. I've seen half of the movies I'm picking up and they're great. After the promo, they're 3.99 a piece. Awesome deal and I wish they had more of a selection.

[quote name='chuckywang']Whoa, all the $10.99 blurays just went up to $13.99

Carlito's Way is holding at $14.99 though.[/QUOTE]

That sucks. I'm glad I got my order in.

I think I'll have to jump on this deal myself. Not for me, well except 8 mile, but Christmas is coming up. I have a few friends that would love to add these movies to their blu ray collection.
cool2.gif
:D

[quote name='postulio']you know what, i really didnt want to hassle with this.

just out of curiosity i added
Express
U-571
8-mile
Do the right thing
Last Starfighter
Carlito's Way x2

to see total.... it was 33.69 after discounts and tax...

thats 4.80 per BD. I couldnt resist. I'll sell off one Carlito's Way to curb the cost more

I've never seen The Express, Last Starfighter & Do the right thing, but for this low low price i just cant not buy them, if they suck i will sell off.[/QUOTE]

Damn! I just missed this too! I would have bit if they were less than $5...but now it's not worth it to me for most of these titles....oh well.

Got in on this pretty early this morning. I got most of the Movies on that page. Placed two orders and got 14 movies. Each for 5.84 each. Thats a great deal!!

Thank you, OP, but I'm not feeling this selection. Most are either things I have already in some format and feel no need to upgrade or things I'm not interested in enough to drop more than 5 bucks each on.

[quote name='dashrendar']It's a shame the movies went up in price. Would have picked up a few otherwise.[/QUOTE]

That's not cool Amazon

[quote name='chuckywang']Whoa, all the $10.99 blurays just went up to $13.99

Carlito's Way is holding at $14.99 though.[/QUOTE]Notorious Amazon tactic for sales like this. They normally raise the prices after the sale goes live, though if you get in early at the beginning of the sale, you get the "normal" discounted prices with the sale bonus.

It's now less appealing that it was before with the prices raised.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Did Carlito's Way go up or was it always 14.99?[/QUOTE]

That was $14.99 when I checked this morning--but everything that was above 30% off is now only 30% off--they do this every time with this sale--great deal only lasts for a few hours until they reduce the discounts. May still be some deals, but now probably about $3 more each title.

Hm, I all ready have Serenity. Still, I'd likely be in for Milk (shame on anyone who isn't getting this), Brokeback Mountain, Do the Right Thing, Eastern Promises (again, shame), and Frost/Nixon.

To push it to 7 I'm interested in Away We Go but no idea where to go from there. With the holiday coming up I'm all up for some cheesy horror - anyone here seen The Fourth Kind? Is it recommendable from that perspective of just having some fun watching it with a few friends?

[quote name='Ilario7886']

To push it to 7 I'm interested in Away We Go but no idea where to go from there. With the holiday coming up I'm all up for some cheesy horror - anyone here seen The Fourth Kind? Is it recommendable from that perspective of just having some fun watching it with a few friends?[/QUOTE]

I know people who liked The Fourth Kind but I personally hated it. The previews made me interested but I felt it was really poorly made and a letdown while watching it.

bread's done
Back