Amazon.ca Black Friday deals ~ "a week of amazing discounts"

kyle071785

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
black-friday-banner-400-3._V194308834_.gif

Starting at 12:01am PST (3:01am EST) on Friday Nov. 26, Amazon.ca will be running a few Black Friday deals of their own that are set to last a week.

Update: SALE IS LIVE! ...ya http://www.amazon.ca/Deals-Amazonca...f_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1281765922&pf_rd_i=3198031 (link to main deal hub)

http://www.amazon.ca/Video-Games-De...d_t=101&pf_rd_p=1280547242&pf_rd_i=1265255011 (link to video game deal hub)

PS3:
Uncharted 2 GotY $34.99
Infamous/Killzone 2/Uncharted/R&CF:ToD $14.99

Xbox 360:
Dead Rising $14.99

PS3/XB360:
SFIV $17.49
SSFIV $23.49
BioShock 2 $19.99
Borderlands GotY $39.99
Resident Evil 5 $17.49
Mafia 2 $39.99
Lost Planet 2 $23.49

Wii:
NHL2K11 $19.99

NDS:
Mega Man Zero Collection $22.99
Ace Attorney: Miles Edgeworth $23.49

PSP:

3000 Core (LBP Version) $129.99
PSP Go White/Black $149.99

PC/Mac:
WoW $9.99
Mafia 2 $29.99
Civ 5 $39.99
BioShock 2 $9.99
Borderlands GotY $29.99

well theres your fairly useless sale. See the link above then just search for what you need (if anything). Theres a few items I didn't bother to type out (mainly Guitar Hero/DJ Hero stuff) so if you're in the market for any of that stuff they have minimal discounts on them

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the heads-up ... will be keeping an eye on this one. It is a little more attractive now that amazon.ca has lowered the free shipping from $39 to $25.

[quote name='helluvagood']Did amazon.ca have this last year? I don't recall seeing this[/QUOTE]

to be honest I don't remember. If they did it probably wasn't anything worthwhile.

[quote name='InfernoChaos']Glad to hear Canada will be getting something. Just hope it'll be as good as what those in America get![/QUOTE]I wouldn't hold my breath, we rarely get deals that good up north :cry:

updated the main post a bit with some moderate Movie/TV sales...no game related deals happening yet but for anyone looking for some movies its worth a look to browse through what they have as they are advertising over 1000 titles at 50% off or more.

I'm working the night shift so I'll be updating the main post at 3am when the actual BF sale goes live

Taken from Kotaku's Black Friday deals guide - US, but POSSIBLY *crosses fingers* Canadian too?

Amazon
Fable III $29.99
Fall out: New Vegas $34.99
Medal of Honor $29.99
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit $34.99
Halo Reach $39.99
FlingSmash with Wii Remote Plus $29.99
Infamous, PS3, $9.99
Killzone 2, PS3, $9.99
Red Dead Redemption, PS3 and X360, $28.99
4GB Xbox + $60 GC, X360 $199.99
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, PS3 and X360, $34.99
The Sims 3, PS3 and X360, $34.99
NBA JAM, Wii, $26.99
Madden NFL 11, Wii, PS3, and X360, $28.99
FIFA Soccer 11, PS3, and X360, $34.99
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2011, X360, $29.99
EA SPORTS MMA,PS3, and X360, $34.99
Super Mario Galaxy 2, Wii, $34.99
NCAA Football 11, PS3, $34.99
NHL 11, PS3 and X360, $34.99
God of War III, PS3, $39.99

Some of those are clearly off the hook.

[quote name='VetraX']Taken from Kotaku's Black Friday deals guide - US, but POSSIBLY *crosses fingers* Canadian too?

Some of those are clearly off the hook.[/QUOTE]

We won't get anything close to that. Amazon.ca is really lackluster compared to the US, or even UK site. I'm expecting the same sales as everywhere else (GH for $15, EA Games for $49.99) and maybe a few gems.

[quote name='kyle071785']NDS:
Mega Man Zero Collection $22.99[/QUOTE]
On the surface that looks like a good deal because it says the regular price is $34.99 but in reality the regular price before the sale started was $24.99 (I had it in my cart already). This sale sucks.

Please note that the price of Mega Man Zero collection has decreased from CDN$ 24.99 to CDN$ 22.99 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

[quote name='Lockescythe']OMFG i want this box art!

http://www.amazon.ca/Capcom-33010-R...m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=1WBMJ4WDG8YRDWMJ66R1[/QUOTE]

i know. I saw that and was all confused...I think amazon makes their own stuff up sometimes

[quote name='Fuzzy']On the surface that looks like a good deal because it says the regular price is $34.99 but in reality the regular price before the sale started was $24.99 (I had it in my cart already). This sale sucks.[/QUOTE]

:lol: thats hilarious

LOL! Wow, does anyone else find it funny that almost all of our Amazon.ca "deals" are the regular price over on Amazon.com. :lol:

[quote name='kyle071785']:lol: thats hilarious[/QUOTE]
Hell, The Dark Knight BRD went up $8 when the sale started. :lol:

[quote name='tridon']LOL! Wow, does anyone else find it funny that almost all of our Amazon.ca "deals" are the regular price over on Amazon.com. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Keep in mind this IS Canada, we don't really HAVE Black Friday. We can't expect to get the kind of deals the U.S. gets. At least not until boxing day.

Those deals are still better than anything EB Games is offering.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Keep in mind this IS Canada, we don't really HAVE Black Friday. We can't expect to get the kind of deals the U.S. gets. At least not until boxing day.

Those deals are still better than anything EB Games is offering.[/QUOTE]

Last year's boxing day was a joke too LOL

thx op for keeping everything updated, you coulda been a hero if this sale had turned out anything worthwile, but your effort is still appreciated.:applause:

I'm pleased enough getting a new copy of Resident Evil 5 (360) for a fair price. I needed it for a Christmas gift, I've been searching for it for a month and the only place I could even find it was EB. And of course they were charging $30 for used copies (and did nothing for Black Friday...).

I also grabbed Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney for free shipping. Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. The only place I still see that around is Future Shop, and it's been full price forever there.

[quote name='Heartless18']We won't get anything close to that. Amazon.ca is really lackluster compared to the US, or even UK site. I'm expecting the same sales as everywhere else (GH for $15, EA Games for $49.99) and maybe a few gems.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, I knew deep down inside :cry:

[quote name='Lockescythe']OMFG i want this box art!

http://www.amazon.ca/Capcom-33010-R...m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=1WBMJ4WDG8YRDWMJ66R1[/QUOTE]

That cover art was just used as a substitute for the one they released. You'll more likely than not be getting this. And yeah, like someone already said the Gold Edition would be the only one worth it at this point - IMO anyways.

Basically most stuff is only a couple of bucks cheaper than their regular price. Hopefully people aren't gullible enough to think that the crossed out list price is what the regular Amazon price is.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Last year's boxing day was a joke too LOL[/QUOTE]

The last few were jokes, and this years probably will be also.

I wound up getting Super Street Fighter IV (PS3) because it was $23.49, which is the best price I've found for it so far, and then I tossed on Uncharted: Drake's Fortune for the same $15 it is everywhere else. Shipping was free. Tax was like $5. So 2 decent games for just over $40. Was it a mind-blowing savings? No, but I'm pleased with what I got.

[quote name='PuppetYuber']Super Street Fighter is $19.99 at VGP
and Uncharted is $10 at Ebgames

But amazon has faster shipping than the two combine. ^^[/QUOTE]

I regret nothing! :p

[quote name='broccoli']Amazon.ca should be embarrassed for posting these as black friday sale..

horrible[/QUOTE]

Agreed... although I guess borderlands GOTY is not bad at $39.99... but, definitely not door crashing worthy.

I just ordered Borderlands for 39.99 that's cheaper than the retail version it's too bad can't find NFS Hot Pursuit for cheap only place is Amazon.com though :(

[quote name='ragnar14']I'm pleased enough getting a new copy of Resident Evil 5 (360) for a fair price. I needed it for a Christmas gift, I've been searching for it for a month and the only place I could even find it was EB. And of course they were charging $30 for used copies (and did nothing for Black Friday...).

I also grabbed Miles Edgeworth - Ace Attorney for free shipping. Doesn't seem like a bad deal to me. The only place I still see that around is Future Shop, and it's been full price forever there.[/QUOTE]

My deal just got cold. They canned my Edgeworth order claiming it's OoS, and took away my free shipping. $25 for RE5 isn't a deal... Emailing customer service to bitch...

Edit: Customer service refunded the shipping without any hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is odd. From my previous experience with Amazon, if an item is OoS, they would ship other items separately. After that you can cancel the OoS item without having to pay for shipping. I would definitely contact amazon's customer service, they are usually pretty quick and efficient in providing a solution or provide some sort of compensation.

Yeah, that's happened to me that way too. This is fairly odd, Edgeworth is removed entirely from my order history. My guess is they're screwing around trying to cleanup the mess from the double-shipments they sent out. They must've sent out a bunch of extra Edgeworth's, and that's why they've run out of stock.

[quote name='ragnar14']My deal just got cold. They canned my Edgeworth order claiming it's OoS, and took away my free shipping. $25 for RE5 isn't a deal... Emailing customer service to bitch...

Edit: Customer service refunded the shipping without any hassle.[/QUOTE]

so you're the smart one who resurrected this month old topic? :joystick:

bread's done
Back