Amazon cheated me a SW Battlefront DLC Code

splattered

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Ok so I ordered two copies of Star Wars Battlefront through Amazon.. one for me and one for my wife.

Amazon only e-mailed me one DLC Battle for Jakku code in an e-mail despite the fact that I purchased two copies of the game.

In the past they have ALWAYS sent me two codes for whatever the promotional items may be... DLC maps weapons character skins etc etc

But today I received an e-mail stating that DLC codes are only good for one code per one account regardless of the amount of games purchased???

It's weird because Amazon e-mailed me two promo codes for the digital Star Wars comic book in an e-mail and then a day later sent an e-mail with only one code for the battle for Jakku DLC access.

As of this morning I've called into Amazon customer support three times about this issue, one of the times because I received an e-mail requesting me to call them so they could update me.

I spent about 15 minutes on the phone with a rep this morning and she eventually started to seem irritated with me, she said she's been with Amazon for three years and that this is the way it has ALWAYS been.

I challenged her to look at various games product pages with me show that there is NO written notification that it is one code per customer account, and then I had her look through all of my previous pre-order e-mails for games this year and I pointed out to her that I always receive two codes.

All she could say is that all of the codes I received in the past have been in error and that she would e-mail the promotional department again but couldn't guarantee anything.

Well what the crap... is this the point where I stop pre-ordering all multiplayer games from Amazon because i'm only going to receive a single code?

You can't even contact the promotional department directly. No chat e-mail or phone numbers. Everything has to go through general customer support and they have NO Idea what they're doing when it comes to games.

I feel somewhat silly because the DLC code i'm missing simply gives me one week early access to new free maps, but this is more about the principle in my eyes.

Despite your experiences, that is how they offer promo credit and promo codes.

When they used to have promo credit for preordering games, you only got one credit per account regardless of how many units you preordered, even if they were on different platforms.

Often, I too get multiple codes, for things like early access beta's and what not. Even for Halo 5 I got preorder codes for both the standard and limited edition. But there have been times I got just the one.

If you want to guarantee yourself multiple codes/credit for offers like this you need multiple accounts. I wouldn't push the issue further or you may find yourself on the quick path to being blacklisted. If you're really upset.... return the other copy of the game.

Wow I had no idea... that really sucks. Why would they be willing to send one code per account to the same household but not two codes per one account? I mean if someone was going to do something shady with it (return and keep/sell the code) wouldn't it be more important to restrict per household? The lady on the phone did also say we could order through multiple accounts.

I mean I've been ordering games from them for years, and this is literally the first time it has ever been an issue I ALWAYS receive double codes. Like I said in this case its just for early DLC Map access so not a huge deal, so i'll just see what they say in their last follow up e-mail.

Thank you for the reply though.

Called Amazon again today (4th time total for this issue) dude on the phone acknowledged my problem said i am right I am entitled to two codes and said it is a huge known issue right now and they are being flooded with calls... he said there are people that didn't even get a code for a single game purchase and that they are working to procure more codes and he will take over my case personally and ensure that I get a second code when they come in.

We shall see. :)

bread's done
Back