Amazon Cloud Drive

Neat idea.

I've been using Drop Box recently, may look into Amazon's since it's more space (only 2GB free on Drop Box).

I don't need the music thing though as I just have all my MP3s on all my home and office PCs already anyway. And I'll have to stick with Dropbox for getting things on and off my iPad since Amazon isn't supporting the iOS (not that Apple would let them anyway as this is a challenger to iTunes music).

I signed up for it anyway. When I want to listen to something in the car or (if permissable) at work I usually just burn it to a CD.

Have no idea why I'd ever need this. I just happened to be buying a David Murray mp3 cd for $3.49 (great price) when they offered me the deal.

I tried it out, not bad.

I don't know how to feel about now having 37 different ways to listen to "Frampton Comes Alive".

Problem for me is that, aside from music, there doesn't seem to be a good way to get stuff on or off of this thing because it seems to be a closed system. Best I can do is upload things one at a time via the web page. Apple's MobileMe is a standard WebDAV server and you can use any client that can access those. Of course MobileMe isn't free, but still. That's a lot more useful then this.

bread's done
Back