Amazon.co.uk Trade Ins: Making Money

SmoothMunky

CAG Veteran
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this topic but here goes. Amazon.co.uk now deal with trade ins. You can send games to them free of charge and they will upload vouchers to your account. I believe this only went active today and I've just seen something quite interesting. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit is only £23.99 to buy on the 360 from Amazon.co.uk, and the trade in price is £30. I do believe there is some money to be made here.

Edit: Never mind, they've just changed the trade in price to £18.

Great another source to check before I take my games to gamestation and get them to beat by an extra £1.

However I don't see gamestation being able to keep this promise to beat any trade-in price by £1 for much longer as there are so many new established companies jumping in such as Argos, Asda, Tesco and now Amazon that between them at least one generally seems to offer silly trade in prices (great for us, bad for gamestation).

Just traded in 5 old DS games for a nice tidy £40 in vouchers so between those and completing surveys I will soon have 60 (or possibly 70) quid in vouchers. Having already pre-ordered Dead Space 2 (for free, again using vouchers!) what game should I get next? I'm thinking either Fable 3, Portal 2 or L.A. Noire.

good money from trade in's? I always get the worst money imaginable when i trade in games, what am I doing wrong?

Not as much of a profit as it was earlier, but GAME are currently offering NFS:HP for £25 on PS3 and Amazon will give you close to £30 for it. If you have the money, you could easily make a killing on this. Especially so if you use a voucher from their UK Christmas voucher giveaway.

bread's done
Back