Amazon.com 2011/09/28 FREE Android app of the day: Symphony of Eternity (reg. $2.99)

PublikDefender

CAGiversary!
2011/09/28 Amazon.com Android app store FREE app of the day:

Symphony of Eternity (reg. $2.99)
http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b/ref=topnav_storetab_mas?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011

It should run fine on the LG Optimus:
"There also may be some technical difficulties depending on which device you have. I'm on the LG Optimus V and the biggest technical issue I found was the menu on the combat screen takes up a good chunk of the bottom of the screen so much so that I can't see me 3rd character and some of the enemies. It's still fully playble though and she does come up in the menu so I can choose her attacks I just don't see her sprite in combat. I also notice at rare times the dialog window may flicker, but I still found it readable. I definitely have been able to live with these two issues and have been enjoying the game."
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14055

Symphony was chosen by pocketgamer.co.uk as one of the top 10 android games of 2011 so far:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Android/Top+10+Android+charts/news.asp?b=related&c=31089

Previously:
Expired 2011/09/27 Cut the Rope (reg. $0.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree that cut the rope is amazing. I couldn't play it when I orginally bought it on my Droid but now that I have a Droid Charge I can play it. Worth every penny so free is even better! I can't wait for the expansion sets to come out.

I enjoy this game a lot more than Angry Birds personally.

[quote name='droider']Strange, I've this idea that the game is free on the market...[/QUOTE]

i think that one is called 'rope cut' and is pretty much the same game with different graphics

I check the Amazon app store every day. Most free apps of the day suck but sometimes there's something fun or useful.

[quote name='silentevil']I check the Amazon app store every day. Most free apps of the day suck but sometimes there's something fun or useful.[/QUOTE]

Here's a trick to keep in mind. I download every app when I wake up. Instead of installing them, hit cancel. That way they'll always be in your queue in case you want them later on. The only one I missed was Walkabout. I finished that one after getting the cracked file for it. Hope this helps.

This may be a dumb question - but can you get these games without having an Android device? I'm planning on getting new phone soon, so I want to "buy" it, but download it when I actually have the phone. From what I can see, this doesn't seem possible.

[quote name='Dysheekie']This may be a dumb question - but can you get these games without having an Android device? I'm planning on getting new phone soon, so I want to "buy" it, but download it when I actually have the phone. From what I can see, this doesn't seem possible.[/QUOTE]
You can get the app on amazon's website and I'm pretty sure you don't need an android device at the time of purchase. Your account will keep all your purchases for download later. There's a pulldown on the left-hand top part of the site and you go to "App store for Android" then "Apps"

[quote name='jamezuva']You can get the app on amazon's website and I'm pretty sure you don't need an android device at the time of purchase. Your account will keep all your purchases for download later. There's a pulldown on the left-hand top part of the site and you go to "App store for Android" then "Apps"[/QUOTE]
No
You need to tie a phone to the account before you can download apps

[quote name='Jaysonguy']No
You need to tie a phone to the account before you can download apps[/QUOTE]
Yeah, you do to download the apps, but it doesn't download the app when you click to buy it on the amazon website. I don't know for sure whether you need a phone tied to your amazon account to buy the app

YAY! hear this is fun.....dont have service where I live so when I leave later I will DL

i forsee this coming post

"Excuse me, this isnt a deal, its free so it should totally go in the free forums. I have been on CAG for a long time so I can say things like this because i think im important"

AFAIK Cut the Rope was free from GetJar for a week before hitting Android Market. Although I think that was an ad-supported version. It may have been free on the Market as well.

[quote name='Dysheekie']This may be a dumb question - but can you get these games without having an Android device? I'm planning on getting new phone soon, so I want to "buy" it, but download it when I actually have the phone. From what I can see, this doesn't seem possible.[/QUOTE]

I don't believe the purchase option is available until you have a device linked to the amazon store. I actually did this before I had a device because at some point I was messing around with a droid emulator on my PC, and installed the Amazon store on the emulator. It is called YouWave, I believe. Then when I did get a device I was able to download some aps I'd gotten on Amazon again. Hope that helps.

[quote name='evanwink']I don't believe the purchase option is available until you have a device linked to the amazon store. I actually did this before I had a device because at some point I was messing around with a droid emulator on my PC, and installed the Amazon store on the emulator. It is called YouWave, I believe. Then when I did get a device I was able to download some aps I'd gotten on Amazon again. Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

dont know how well it'll work but it allows me to hit the "get app" button and sends me a d/l link to my email. We'll see after the Fire comes out wether it lets me use it then or not :D

This is the only game that doesn't work on my Sidekick 4G so far. It gets all the way to the loadin' screen where the knife goes through the box and just hangs. Oh well, looks like a fun game though.

I bought Symphony a while back & really enjoyed it. If you like old NES/SNES rpgs like the old Final Fantasy games it's something along those lines

Downloading now, man do I love my new Android phone (Samsung Mesmerize). As long as I have an iPad I see no reason to get an iPhone. I really like the "openness" of the Android platform.

[quote name='peterthepwner']same here... android rules! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

You said there buddy. Thanks OP for the info. Got cut the rope yesterday & symphony of eternity just now.

[quote name='Ionotropic']I was playing symphony earlier today. Cool little RPG. Makes me wish my phone had buttons, though. Ha.[/QUOTE]

You can change the controls over to touch based if you go into the options. I much prefer the touch controls over the virtual gamepad ones. I'm not sure why they didn't make it the default really.

bread's done
Back