Amazon.com: Blu Ray B2G1 Sale

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']this is a sale? They jacked up the prices right before.

Sigh :([/quote]

Yeah--and you can no longer get the 30-day price drop when they re-lower them.

[quote name='KyleN']Yeah--and you can no longer get the 30-day price drop when they re-lower them.[/quote]

Well, in the case of sales like this one, there really wasn't a price guarantee, anyway. You could try to get them to adjust it, but they weren't suppose to.

No wonder. I had Patton in my cart for like 3 weeks and then all of a sudden today the price gets jacked by $4. I wouldn't be too angry since I was going to get Patton and The Sand Pebbles eventually anyway but there's nothing else on that list I really want.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Oh, how I miss the format war.[/quote]

Right before HD-DVD lost out was about the last time I bought a Blu-Ray

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Oh, how I miss the format war.[/quote]
My thoughts exactly. Remember the good ol' days when you could get 2 BR's for 19.99 shipped...

Thankfully nothing there I "really" want or don't own already on DVD. At least that way I wont feel cheated if they do drop down in price again.

Just wait until Black Friday / Holiday time... will have B1G1, Guranteed!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KyleN']Yeah--and you can no longer get the 30-day price drop when they re-lower them.[/quote]Did I miss something? They took away that policy?

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']Did I miss something? They took away that policy?[/quote]Yup. They started that the first of this month I think.

Can I justify doing this for Patton, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and The Sand Pebbles? That breaks down to $18.63 a piece. Thing is, these movies are remasters so the price should start at between $15 to $20 anyway. It's a tough one...

No the deal works now on any 3 blu-ray titles. I purchased the Austin Powers set, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and Season One of Chuck. All I had to do was e-mail customer service, and say I receieved an e-mail stating that if I purchased two blu-ray titles the third would be free. Then within an hour they e-mailed me and said I'd be getting season one of chuck for free

[quote name='LF2']No the deal works now on any 3 blu-ray titles. I purchased the Austin Powers set, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, and Season One of Chuck. All I had to do was e-mail customer service, and say I receieved an e-mail stating that if I purchased two blu-ray titles the third would be free. Then within an hour they e-mailed me and said I'd be getting season one of chuck for free[/quote]

What you did was lie to them for your benefit. No wonder Amazon is removing features like Post-Order Price Guarantee. Keep stuff like this to yourself.

There are still BRD deals to be had, even with Amazon in the toilet. I just preordered Indiana Jones, Wall-E, and Futurama for $66.66 shipped from wherehouse (with the 30% off coupon).

[quote name='blk00civicsi']What you did was lie to them for your benefit. No wonder Amazon is removing features like Post-Order Price Guarantee. Keep stuff like this to yourself.[/quote]

Yeah, seriously. And to then proclaim that what you got is the actual deal is absurd.

Fine if I post the e-mail I actually did receieve from them last night about the sale would that make it better?

[quote name='gkrykewy']There are still BRD deals to be had, even with Amazon in the toilet. I just preordered Indiana Jones, Wall-E, and Futurama for $66.66 shipped from wherehouse (with the 30% off coupon).[/QUOTE]

I don't really consider it a deal unless you are getting a blu-ray under $20.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Yeah, seriously. And to then proclaim that what you got is the actual deal is absurd.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to all the people over at dvdtalk to then my friend

Yeah I placed a couple of orders, and e-mailed them. After about two hours or so they send you an e-mail refunding you the price of one of the discs or sets (depending on what you order).

OH, I was just about to place an order but the page now says:

Blu-ray 3 for 2 Sale

For every two Blu-ray titles purchased, get a third one free when you add them all to your Shopping Cart.

We're sorry, this sale has ended. For more low-priced DVDs, visit our DVD Deals store.

:bs:

I got the Halloween 3-pack free as part of an order with BoB & The Godfather collection and got the 'gangster' 3-pack individually for $40 total. Still waiting on an e-mail about a third order though.

I didn't want to spend too much money so I only placed 3 orders. However I too haven't gotten the credit yet on the third, I think their support department closed.

I am a little concerned about the how they are doing the price adjustments. Both my orders say "Price not available (Before shipping, we'll e-mail the price to you for your approval.)" on the items that were supposedly zeroed out. I've never seen that before on Amazon, usually it just says 0.00. Although, maybe they did that to avoid people cancelling one of the two titles paid for.

Well, I called Amazon today about that third order and they basically said they screwed up and were notifying people about a promotion before it actually was supposed to go active and so she offered to cancel the items that hadn't shipped, give me free return shipping for the one that had and then also apply some 'promotional discount' to the account.

[quote name='Ruined']I didn't want to spend too much money so I only placed 3 orders. However I too haven't gotten the credit yet on the third, I think their support department closed.

I am a little concerned about the how they are doing the price adjustments. Both my orders say "Price not available (Before shipping, we'll e-mail the price to you for your approval.)" on the items that were supposedly zeroed out. I've never seen that before on Amazon, usually it just says 0.00. Although, maybe they did that to avoid people cancelling one of the two titles paid for.[/QUOTE]

Mine says that on the order. However, in my shipment e-mail I see that item listed as $0.00:
Code:
The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
--------------------------------------------------------------------
 Qty                           Item    Price         Shipped Subtotal

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):

1  Starship Troopers 1-3 [Blu...   $56.95               1   $56.95

Shipped via UPS

You have only been charged for the items sent in this shipment.
(Per our policy, you only pay for items when we ship them to you.)
The following items will ship separately, as soon as they're available:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 Qty                                     Item    Price  Not Yet Shipped
----------------------------------------------------------------------

1            Austin Powers Collection: Sha    $0.00               1

1               Band of Brothers [Blu-ray]   $59.95               1

Our Pre-order Price Guarantee covers one or more item(s) in this
order. If the Amazon.com price decreases between the time you place your
order and the end of the day of the release date, you'll receive the
lowest price.

bread's done
Back