Amazon.com - Dead Rising $20

Great game! I bought it for 60 @ launch and it was worth every penny. The achievements in this game are so intriguing...they aren't impossible but they are challenging and rewarding when you get them.

i was kinda dissapointed when i played the game and realized that
it stops being about zombies within the first couple hours

played it pretty nonstop for about 2 weeks, and it was pretty decent, but there's definitely better zombie games out there

I got it on release day overseas and it is one of the great moments that I still remember.

I just wish they make more of it since it is a killer :)

[quote name='Vegan']Whatever happened to their plans to re-release a revamped version? Or was that just a rumor?[/quote]

There was a rumor in EGM that the Platinum Hits version would have a co-op mode but that turned out to be false.

It would be nice to see a 360 re-release with the Wii port's changes, but it seems that the Wii version is built on the RE4 engine so that might make things more difficult.

Yeah, this is retail price now.

Took me foreverrrrr to beat this on the true ending. I had to beat the games three times to level up then beat it and try to rescue people and whatnot and still manage to get the true ending. I love this game. I still play it. Played it yesterday, in fact. No other game provides that satisfying squish sound when you're crackin' zombie skulls with a bowling ball.

The save system is what completely keeps me from really enjoying the game. I really want to love the game...but that god damned save system... :bomb:

Dead Rising really is coming to the Wii? I thought Master Shake was making a joke. I guess they're going to have to fix the hi-def text!

[quote name='Xfactor19990']what does the wii version have over this version?[/quote]

Pretty sure it's going to be a different game... not just a port.

The Wii version sounds far less infuriating than the 360 version (more save slots, removal of the 72-hour clock, no eye-straining text). The one thing that it obviously won't be able to do is support the massive number of zombies on-screen at once, which takes away some of the sandbox fun. Nothing was better than driving down into the parking garage and just blowing off steam.

so i guess my question should be, i have played a lilttle of dead rising, like just messed around, so should i pick this up? Or wait for Wii version?

[quote name='Tsukento']The save system is what completely keeps me from really enjoying the game. I really want to love the game...but that god damned save system... :bomb:[/QUOTE]

One of the 2-3 reasons I DON"T like this game. To bad too as I also wanted to like it.

This game is one of the main reasons I got my 360. I ordered it online, and the day it came in the mail I was so excited to play I ended up skipping classes for the day.

I should have gone to class.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']so this or wait for wii?[/QUOTE]

There's a gameplay video of the Wii version floating around somewhere, and it looks atrocious. There's like 5-10 zombies in an entire area, the blood and sound effects look and sound like they're straight out of a DS game, and when hitting a single zombie with a weapon, the frame rate dropped. Plus since it uses the RE4 Wii engine, the control prompts look copied and pasted directly from RE4.

I haven't played the 360 version yet, but I'd definitely pick the 360 version over the Wii version at this point.

[quote name='Xfactor19990']so this or wait for wii?[/quote]

Rent the 360 version or find a friend who can lend it to you. See if the save system frustrates you to the point of not wanting to play anymore. If it doesn't, then just go with the 360 version 'cause it obviously has better graphics and can display a ton more zombies (which is definitely something that impacts gameplay and mood). The Wii version will certainly have its advantages but I doubt they'll be enough to make up for its shortcomings.

o well im a hardcore gamer, and have played some crazy games, i played some DR on 360 just ran around killing things. and ya i liked it. but i just thought the wii game would be decent swinging my wiimote, swinging a bowling ball sounds fun :)

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Awesome, awesome game! The save system is not bad at all once you understand how it works. Definitely, worth 20 beans.[/quote]

Agreed! The save system makes the game better, since it's not like one of those games you save every 5 seconds and you actually get punished if you fail. Love playing that game.

[quote name='Trenchalicious']Agreed! The save system makes the game better, since it's not like one of those games you save every 5 seconds and you actually get punished if you fail. Love playing that game.[/quote]

Just like drinking, I play games for pleasure not punishment. To me if the option to save at any time is available those that want a harder core experience don't have to use it. Also why would they care if it is available or not? Maybe the owner of this post can explain it to me.

I will admit the saving issue ruined the game for me. However, I could see how others could really have loved it. I just don't have time for a game that does something so wrong, in my opinion.

[quote name='52club']Just like drinking, I play games for pleasure not punishment. To me if the option to save at any time is available those that want a harder core experience don't have to use it. Also why would they care if it is available or not? Maybe the owner of this post can explain it to me.

I will admit the saving issue ruined the game for me. However, I could see how others could really have loved it. I just don't have time for a game that does something so wrong, in my opinion.[/quote]

It takes a minute or two to get to a bathroom to save, big deal...Nothing 'hardcore' about that. If games have to be easy or simple to be fun, stick with a Wii.

Having a save anywhere feature wouldn't work with the game. If you save it at the wrong time you could ruin everything. You wouldn't be able to save in a mission or with enemies in your face... which in this game... is EVERYWHERE. It would just make the game simple and boring with no intensity. The point is to be scared shitless as you try to scramble to a save or a place to find food as you have one little bar of health left.

Nothing like the rage of having a Zombie grab you as you are near death. Never heard my brother swear so much at one game. hahaha

I really enjoyed the game. The save state didn't bother me.

Need to go back and get a couple more of the Achievements.

the save system and the rescue missions really turned me off the game. i havent touched it in 3 weeks after i first bought it.

[quote name='jeremy517']BTW, Newegg has it at $19.99 too, and DD says that a price of $18.99 is only saving $1. I think this might be a universal price drop.[/quote]

Probably is, it's a 2 year old game now.

Second it goes to $10 somewhere (none avaiable at my tru), it will be mine :)

Fantastic game. Don't wait for the Wii port - the save system was one of my favorite features. I didn't mind starting over once and keeping my experience and it upped the tension. And the removal of the 72 hour clock seems like it'll just kill the pacing of the game.

[quote name='Master Shake']Or you could wait for the Wii version. :roll:[/QUOTE]
It hardly looks like the same game on the Wii. The 360 version is differently the way to go on this game.

Also, if you're planning to get every achievement on the 360, know that there's one that requires you to play for about 14+ hours straight.

I rented it and thought about buying it, but the save system and the rescue missions are so annoying.

For 20 bucks though? ...

*Bite*

Judging by the observations I have seen so far, yeah, the Wii version seems really stripped down. The whole atmosphere of the game is pretty much ruined if you are walking around a nearly empty mall.

bread's done
Back