Amazon.com Eforcity 10 Ft HDMI Cable GOLD-PLATED $1.10

Shimrra

CAGiversary!
Feedback
55 (100%)
I found this on Amazon.com reviews look good and you can't beat the price.

Eforcity New 10 Ft HDMI to HDMI Digital Video Cable GOLD-PLATED - $1.10

51EWSq8753L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Not terrible for a cord.

Last year my roommate ended up buying a $30 12ft Phillips HDMI. I ended up "borrowing" it semi-permanently, so I might pick one up for a replacement.

These cords aren't too great, the one I bought would occasionally make the image black out, and I though my ps3 was broken. I bought a real cable and the problemn was solved.

[quote name='soccerstud652']These cords aren't too great, the one I bought would occasionally make the image black out, and I though my ps3 was broken. I bought a real cable and the problemn was solved.[/QUOTE]
As long as you dont move the cable, you should be fine with these cheap ass cables.

I have an expensive hdmi for my ps3, and one of these for my 360 - and there is no visible difference. Hdmi is hdmi. Get a few of these, you can't beat the price. Also, the guy ships super fast. I ordered on tuesday and got the cord on saturday.

[quote name='PEN-15']

This is the best quality and up to date cable (that's the 1.3). Anything else is pretty useless. To think for $10 you get top of the line while some suckers have spent hundreds.[/QUOTE]

There's no greater racket in electronics than HDMI cables. Especially since Best Buy, etc try to sell them at ridiculous prices to everyone who buys an HDTV. I was in there once and overheard the salesman hawking some $100 cable and I mentioned to the customer that you can get basically the same quality for under $10. The salesman looked at me like I'd punted his cat.

[quote name='lolwut?']I can vouch for these. I use one on my PS3 and they are awesome.[/QUOTE]

I switched to the older version of this cord after the one in the OP failed on me. Its not moving the cable that makes them glitch, it is the older quality of the cable. They can't handle the newer firmware on the PS3.

Spend the extra $6 and get a decent cable.

right, but on the same page do you note the 3', 6' options?
less than $10, eligible for free super saver ship :applause:

[quote name='Burchamj']does gold plated help much?[/QUOTE]

I might be wrong but the gold plating for HDMI cables has no bearing on the signal because it is only the connectors inside that matter. Generally silver is the best conductor for the composite cables. However consider what you are plugging into, if it is not gold on each side of the connection you do not gain anything.

That is my take.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I might be wrong but the gold plating for HDMI cables has no bearing on the signal because it is only the connectors inside that matter. Generally silver is the best conductor for the composite cables. However consider what you are plugging into, if it is not gold on each side of the connection you do not gain anything.

That is my take.[/QUOTE]

Wrong.

For any metal to metal connection, gold plating reduces the chance of corrosion. So for HDMI gold plating does help.

[quote name='bvharris']There's no greater racket in electronics than HDMI cables. Especially since Best Buy, etc try to sell them at ridiculous prices to everyone who buys an HDTV. I was in there once and overheard the salesman hawking some $100 cable and I mentioned to the customer that you can get basically the same quality for under $10. The salesman looked at me like I'd punted his cat.[/QUOTE]

I agree, a friend just bought a PS3, and they said " we also got the special HD cable for $60 " I said " why didnt you talk to me first, I could have gotten you one for a few bucks " they said
" oh "

These sales people should tell people to look on the web or something, charging over $10 for an HDMI cable is a ripoff !

My take is that these cables are not quite good enough. It's like buying an over-the-counter drug for an illness instead of getting the prescription-strength stuff. What you should be doing is buying generic brand prescription strength.

Or, in other words, you should buy the CL2, Category 2 certified 1.3 HDMI cables that cost $10, but you shouldn't need to buy the $100 monster cables either.

[quote name='Supernova']Wrong.

For any metal to metal connection, gold plating reduces the chance of corrosion. So for HDMI gold plating does help.[/QUOTE]

Well there you go then....

[quote name='fshaia']I agree, a friend just bought a PS3, and they said " we also got the special HD cable for $60 " I said " why didnt you talk to me first, I could have gotten you one for a few bucks " they said
" oh "

These sales people should tell people to look on the web or something, charging over $10 for an HDMI cable is a ripoff ![/QUOTE]

LMFAO!, they're salespeople. That's their job. If you don't research what you want to buy, then you deserved to be ripped off. The cable listed by the OP has no spec info, which not only makes it a deal breaker, it's the reason why I shop at monoprice.com (or Fry's B&M -- had a killer deal a few weeks back on 10ft. HDMI 1.3b, paid $1.99 ea. + tax!).

[quote name='life.exe']Only 18 inches though, not long enough for my setup.[/QUOTE]
Same. I would have to set my TV on top of my PS3 for that cable to work.

[quote name='groundskeeper']I might be wrong but the gold plating for HDMI cables has no bearing on the signal because it is only the connectors inside that matter. Generally silver is the best conductor for the composite cables. However consider what you are plugging into, if it is not gold on each side of the connection you do not gain anything.

That is my take.[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that the gold plating is done not directly for its conductive properties but is primarily used because gold has greater resistance to oxidation- which inhibits conductivity for any metal (especially silver, which oxidizes very quickly). I could be misinformed.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Same. I would have to set my TV on top of my PS3 for that cable to work.

My understanding is that the gold plating is done not directly for its conductive properties but is primarily used because gold has greater resistance to oxidation- which inhibits conductivity for any metal (especially silver, which oxidizes very quickly). I could be misinformed.[/QUOTE]

One thing I want to know is what is actually gold plated on these cables. Is it that part of the connector you see (The shiny gold colored part around the end) that i believe does nothing to facilitate transmission other than to hold it in place, or are the pins on the end on the inside of the connector gold plated? As seen here: http://www.hdmi.org/installers/insidehdmicable.aspx

Plus are all our our TV and PS3 (or any other HDMI device) connectors gold plated as well? If not, then why not, if they can oxidize like the cables can.

I don't know the answers but just asking.

[quote name='groundskeeper']One thing I want to know is what is actually gold plated on these cables. Is it that part of the connector you see (The shiny gold colored part around the end) that i believe does nothing to facilitate transmission other than to hold it in place, or are the pins on the end on the inside of the connector gold plated? As seen here: http://www.hdmi.org/installers/insidehdmicable.aspx

Plus are all our our TV and PS3 (or any other HDMI device) connectors gold plated as well? If not, then why not, if they can oxidize like the cables can.

I don't know the answers but just asking.[/QUOTE]

I know all the pin-out connections on my TV's HDMI, composite and component are gold plated. I can check my PS3 tonight.

I purchased a 6 ft version of this cable and have been using it for almost a year. It's worked incredibly well the entire time. Excellent video quality as well (Xbox 360). Might pick this up for my new PS3 Slim.

Not sure about the 10ft thing, I heard quality starts to go down after I believe it was 6ft. Plus, who needs a 10ft HDMI cable? Why would your console be that far away from your TV?? :lol:

[quote name='fshaia']
These sales people should tell people to look on the web or something, charging over $10 for an HDMI cable is a ripoff ![/QUOTE]

Wouldn't that make them terrible salespeople?

With new 3D technology coming through the pipelines...do you think it would be wise to go ahead and get the 1.4 version over the 1.3 HDMI cables.

Anyone know where the deals on those would be?

EDIT - Nevermind...further research states they aren't out yet...soon though

Double EDIT - Well, maybe they are...Seller on eBay has them for $8.99

*Spoiler Alert*

Flip of the century!!!

Buy these gold-plated cables and send them to cash4gold.com. You will make millions!!!

:)

I bought two of these (from the same seller) a year ago for PS3s that have been used daily over the past year. These cords work great on the PS3, picture is crisp. I've never had a problem with sound, video, or anything else that could go wrong. I highly recommend them, and if I need another HDMI cable this is what I will buy again.

you might want to try these ones on ebay, seem pretty legit and pretty good, and they all certified, not "Compatible".
make sure when you read the specs, it says at least Certified or has the "UL" sign in there other wise, dont buy it.
I found these ones on ebay.
just go there and put these item numbers:
1 - 300325039657 - I was considering this one since it was Flat
2 - 290327858097 - And this one as well
3 - 290342173499 - But I chose to buy this one this past week on monday, but the price was $4.98, and for some reason, 5 minutes after I bought it, the price jumped up to $12.99 and it still sits at that price until now, so I am happy that I got it for that price lol.

[quote name='Vegan']Wouldn't that make them terrible salespeople?[/QUOTE]

Nah, I'll tell customers to get HDMI cables cheaper on Monoprice.com. I will also tell them what brands of TVs to avoid, sometimes even steer them to smaller TVs if it better suits their needs. You steer someone in the right direction rather than one big sale you have made a repeat customer with continuous business. I can't tell you how many customers I have coming in looking for me because their relative, friend, coworker, etc recommended me.

[quote name='Muthafodder']With new 3D technology coming through the pipelines...do you think it would be wise to go ahead and get the 1.4 version over the 1.3 HDMI cables.

Anyone know where the deals on those would be?

EDIT - Nevermind...further research states they aren't out yet...soon though

Double EDIT - Well, maybe they are...Seller on eBay has them for $8.99[/QUOTE]

Are you honestly planning on having a fabled 2160p TV anytime soon? I mean, damn, by the time they even start making those, there'll probably be some other connector.

bread's done
Back