Amazon.com PS3 Slim 120GB Preorder Now Available $299

retail sucks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0J4VQ/ref=pe_24010_12820090_fe_exp_1/

I just received an email about this from Amazon.

PlayStation 3 120 GB purchase limit policy
As you may know, the PlayStation 3 120 GB is in great demand, and there are shortages of this product across the U.S. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase PlayStation 3 120 GB, we are limiting the total number of PlayStation 3 120 GB units that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase one PlayStation 3 120 GB unit. See additional policy details here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='wwe101']are you new to this forum? this is a deal forum. there is no deal here[/QUOTE]

Yet you keep coming back and bumping this topic.

[quote name='Ogami Itto']Yet you keep coming back and bumping this topic.[/QUOTE]

ohh you are teh smart ass? what kind of retard you are?

Technically, your saving tax money and getting free shipping on video game hardware. Anyone know what that's called?

Oh yeah, a video game deal. Huh, who would've thought?

[quote name='ShadowHero10']Technically, your saving tax money and getting free shipping on video game hardware. Anyone know what that's called?

Oh yeah, a video game deal. Huh, who would've thought?[/QUOTE]

its not a deal. anyone know what its called? ohh the internet.

I was waiting to see if maybe stores or Amazon would start offering the 80GB with specials like store gift cards, etc to move them since I assume most will be going for the Slim now. I just went to Best Buy's website & they have completely removed the 80GB from their website, including the bundles. Not so sure there will be any deals to be had now.

[quote name='matrixadw']Got this email too.

hmmmm I wonder if everyone who got this email is a prime member using free 2 day?[/QUOTE]

I think so cause i ordered mine with over night and it says arriving 27th

Looks like the PS3 Slim is no longer available for pre-order. Amazon.com is now saying "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months."

I still see an order button, so I'm guessing there is some kind of inventory audit going on right now as Amazon prepares to arrange shipping for any existing pre-orders. I'd give it 24-48 hours before making any other assumptions about it.

Yeah, I see the order button and it says "3 new" available. I'm not sure how reliable that is. It does also say "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.". So there's all kinds of confusion there.

In any case, I'm glad I ordered it about 4 hours ago. I was considering waiting another day to see if it showed up in my Gold Box quick picks for - yeah, good thing I didn't ;). My order still says delivery on the 28th so we'll see.

I thought, though, with the availability date of the 25th that that might be the cutoff for ordering it and they might be OOS at least temporarily while they fill those orders. Since I had the $75 coupon which I had to use by Aug 31st, I'm glad I got in when I did.

My order is now "Shipping Soon." It should officially ship out tonight and I will have it around 10:30 tomorrow morning with my $3.99 overnight shipping!

My original order said I should have it on 8/27, but it looks like I will get it a day earlier then expected. Gotta love Amazon.

[quote name='io']Yeah, I see the order button and it says "3 new" available. I'm not sure how reliable that is. It does also say "Usually ships within 1 to 2 months.". So there's all kinds of confusion there.[/QUOTE]

Those 3 new available are from 3rd party sellers, not amazon. Anyways, I did overnight shipping at got an email telling me the 26th, then a couple days later, the 27th. I'm a prime member and my order stills says item not yet shipped. If its not here tomorrow, I better get a credit for my shipping.....

"Order now and we'll deliver when available. We'll e-mail you with an estimated delivery date as soon as we have more information. Your account will only be charged when we ship the item.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available"

Wasn't expecting that.

[quote name='confoosious']Dammit I'm a prime member and I'm getting it the 29th.[/QUOTE]

heh that makes no sense, no mail delivery on Saturday. Prime members usually have things shipped one or two day via UPS/Fed Ex or a local courier if you are in a certain city that makes deliveries same day.

[quote name='matrixadw']heh that makes no sense, no mail delivery on Saturday. Prime members usually have things shipped one or two day via UPS/Fed Ex or a local courier if you are in a certain city that makes deliveries same day.[/QUOTE]

yeah I meant the 28th... but i should be getting it the 27th if it's released on the 25th.

[quote name='cromb24']My order is now "Shipping Soon." It should officially ship out tonight and I will have it around 10:30 tomorrow morning with my $3.99 overnight shipping!

My original order said I should have it on 8/27, but it looks like I will get it a day earlier then expected. Gotta love Amazon.[/QUOTE]

same here but i don't think we're gonna get it until thursday

Ahhh did you pay the extra for overnight? It seems a lot us of free prime 2 day guys have est arrival dates of the 28th instead now. I first had a date of the 27th, not sure why it was pushed back a day.

[quote name='matrixadw']Ahhh did you pay the extra for overnight? It seems a lot us of free prime 2 day guys have est arrival dates of the 28th instead now. I first had a date of the 27th, not sure why it was pushed back a day.[/QUOTE]

who me of course its a 4 dls shipping one day before to enjoy and start installing new games on it:bouncy:

[quote name='blueweltall']For you guys that are buying from amazon is this your second PS3 or first?[/QUOTE]

First for me. I had a $75 off coupon from an earlier Amazon trade-in promotion, so I couldn't pass it up at $225. I've already got about 10 PS3 games from clearances, etc. over the last couple years, so it was going to happen sooner or later.

This will be my first PS3. I had 110 bucks in trade in credit. Was waiting for the pride drop. Glad Sony didn't let me down. Preordered the day it was announced.

On another note, I chose free shipping and it is expected to ship on Aug 31st but they charged my credit card and it is listed as "Shipping Soon." Maybe it'll ship out earlier. Fingers crossed.

This is my first PS3. I've been dancing around the idea of getting one eventually, but my interest in getting a BluRay player plus the price drop sealed the deal.

[quote name='Fakinmail123']On another note, I chose free shipping and it is expected to ship on Aug 31st but they charged my credit card and it is listed as "Shipping Soon." Maybe it'll ship out earlier. Fingers crossed.[/QUOTE]

At first I chose free shipping. I was annoyed that my shipping estimate was Aug 31st, while those choosing 2-day shipping were getting an estimated DELIVERY of the 28th, three days before mine was supposed to even be shipped out. Because of that, I switched to 2-day shipping and decided that it would be worth it since the slowly shipped method wouldn't even start the process until after the fast shipped method would be completed.

So now I'm paying $13 for 2-day, yet still don't have a "shipping soon" indicator. I guess it's okay if it ships tomorrow, but it's a bit frustrating that I made my decision to pay for 2-day because (a) It would be delivered on the 28th and (b) free shipping wouldn't even be shipped until the 31st...neither of which appear to be true.

[quote name='blueweltall']For you guys that are buying from amazon is this your second PS3 or first?[/QUOTE]

My g/f just picked up mine at GS. This is my second PS3. Re-boxing my old one and giving it to my soon to be 6 year old son for his birthday in the beginning of October. :twisted: He got a 360 last year, but bugs me to play my PS3 instead constantly! He loves the PS3, I dunno what to say!

She sent me this pic from her phone on the way home from GS.

ps3slims.jpg

[quote name='Apostle22']Those 3 new available are from 3rd party sellers, not amazon. Anyways, I did overnight shipping at got an email telling me the 26th, then a couple days later, the 27th. I'm a prime member and my order stills says item not yet shipped. If its not here tomorrow, I better get a credit for my shipping.....[/QUOTE]
Dude, be patient. These are ESTIMATED ship and arrival dates. They'll ship them when they get their stock of PS3s, which is Sony's problem, not theirs.

This is my first. I gave my 360 to my little sisters when I moved and I want to try out the PS3 exclusives (mainly MGS4). I have so many games to play yet I'm still waiting to hear that this has been shipped!

Second, still have my old 20 gb one without wifi.

I preordered on 8/18, 2-day shipping with Prime. I just got a notice that it shipped, with an ETA of 8/27.

And like many of you, a few days ago they sent me an email bumping my ETA to 8/28, so happily that's no longer the case.

Sonystyle.com is now showing the PS3 Slim as out of stock (it was available for preorder), you have to click a backordered button to order. Not sure how long the backorder is though.

[quote name='wwe101']this is not a deal, all the stores are filled with them. do you know what price they are? yup $299[/QUOTE]

You never give up do you? You have already been warned by a mod in this same topic, why can't you just ignore it?

Just got the e-mail from Amazon that my PS3 has shipped:

"via FedEx (estimated delivery date: August 26, 2009)"

[quote name='Ogami Itto']You never give up do you? You have already been warned by a mod in this same topic, why can't you just ignore it?[/QUOTE]

I bet he's from the IRS and is upset that so many people are buying from Amazon, thus not paying taxes.

[quote name='cromb24']Just got the e-mail from Amazon that my PS3 has shipped:

"via FedEx (estimated delivery date: August 26, 2009)"[/QUOTE]

same here i already have a 60 gb BC but i bought this one for my little brother so we can play together :bouncy:

Still waiting on my notification. Delivery estimate is showing as the 26th, so they're going to have to have some amazing shipping if this is going to arrive tomorrow. I hate this anticipation.

Second, my other 80gb is back at home in Cali.. and love that Amazon doesn't tax to Hawaii :D

[quote name='Cuksis']
1. My g/f just picked up mine at GS.

2. Re-boxing my old one and giving it to my soon to be 6 year old son for his birthday in the beginning of October.

3. She sent me this pic from her phone on the way home from GS.

[/QUOTE]

1. Taxes, taxes, taxes. Your wife just wasted $20 - $25 which could have been spent on a game.

2. What games does a 6 year old play on a PS3?

3. Are there any other pics that she sent, that you might want to share? ;);)

[quote name='oasisboy']1. Taxes, taxes, taxes. Your wife just wasted $20 - $25 which could have been spent on a game.

2. What games does a 6 year old play on a PS3?

3. Are there any other pics that she sent, that you might want to share? ;);)[/QUOTE]

Q#2
A: My son who is 2 years old loves Burnout Paradise, Pain, and Ragdoll Kungfu. He drives like a pro on burnout, whoop ass in Ragdoll kungfu, and does some serious agony on pain.

This will be my thrid PS3 first was a 60 GB, second was a 40 GB The next is this one. one stays down stairs for 5.1 sound movies and show Blu ray mostly. The second stays in the media room , should get projector in Sept. This one will go..... I have no idea but needed to spend that 75 coupon. I still have another one. I already have 2 xbox 360, 2 ds, no psp. so im thinking about this. I had a psp 6 months ago and did not play that many games, buy it was nice having it around.

Got mine from GS today. Hooked up and streaming movies, networked, and playing games. Tax sucks, but immediately in my hands today.

So has anyones PS3 shipped yet from Amazon? I had an estimated delivery date of today, then it changed to tomorrow. Some are stating that they did the 2 day shipping and have the same delivery date I do with overnight shipping......
I dont care when it comes, but I dont want to pay the extra 3.99 for overnight when others are getting it the same day I am for free.....

My first. I always planned on getting one, it's just that Sony botched the launch of the PS3 soo bad that it left a sour taste in my mouth. It took until now the PS3 to reach a place price-wise, and catalog-wise where it seems worth it to me.

I plan to grab only PS3 exclusives and watch Netflix Bluray movies. 360 is still my main gaming console, but I'm not an xbot or a Sony hater. I have large collections of PS1 & 2 games, I've loved Sony's past systems so hopefully I will love this one too.

bread's done
Back