Amazon.com PS3 Slim 120GB Preorder Now Available $299

retail sucks

CAGiversary!
Feedback
33 (100%)
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B002I0J4VQ/ref=pe_24010_12820090_fe_exp_1/

I just received an email about this from Amazon.

PlayStation 3 120 GB purchase limit policy
As you may know, the PlayStation 3 120 GB is in great demand, and there are shortages of this product across the U.S. In an effort to provide as many customers as possible with the opportunity to purchase PlayStation 3 120 GB, we are limiting the total number of PlayStation 3 120 GB units that can be purchased. As a result, each household may only purchase one PlayStation 3 120 GB unit. See additional policy details here.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='oasisboy']1. Taxes, taxes, taxes. Your wife just wasted $20 - $25 which could have been spent on a game.

2. What games does a 6 year old play on a PS3?

3. Are there any other pics that she sent, that you might want to share? ;);)[/QUOTE]

1. Sorry bro, no taxes, I used ALL store credit from flipping. Haven't paid taxes at GS for a while.

2. Burnout, LBP, Ice Age 3, UP, Infamous (He loves it), Ratchet & Clank, LEGO Batman, LEGO Indiana Jones, LEGO Star Wars, and many more!

3. Depends, how much you willing to spend?

[quote name='Apostle22']So has anyones PS3 shipped yet from Amazon? I had an estimated delivery date of today, then it changed to tomorrow. Some are stating that they did the 2 day shipping and have the same delivery date I do with overnight shipping......
I dont care when it comes, but I dont want to pay the extra 3.99 for overnight when others are getting it the same day I am for free.....[/QUOTE]

I've had the same issue. Mine was showing as estimated for today, but now for some reason it got pushed to next week, even though I have overnight shipping. Now it's being prepped for shipping and I can't change it back to two days. If this takes until next week to get shipped, I think I'm going to try and at least get my shipping fee returned.

I have Prime, used two day shipping - it was shipped on the 25th and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.

[quote name='no_exit']I have Prime, used two day shipping - it was shipped on the 25th and is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I just emailed amazon about getting my $3.99 refunded. I dont really care if it comes today or tomorrow, I just dont feel that I should pay the extra shipping when others, who didnt, will get it the same time I do. I'll post back when I hear from them......

I'm arguing for $3.99.....I am a cheapassgamer!

[quote name='Apostle22']I just emailed amazon about getting my $3.99 refunded. I dont really care if it comes today or tomorrow, I just dont feel that I should pay the extra shipping when others, who didnt, will get it the same time I do. I'll post back when I hear from them......

I'm arguing for $3.99.....I am a cheapassgamer![/QUOTE]

No, you are arguing for the service they are supposed to provide.

I used Prime and next day shipping for an additional $3.99. While amazon shipped my order yesterday the estimate is showing August 27th for the delivery date still. However when I went on to UPS it is on the truck out for delivery right now. So at least for me the next day is next day, just checking if others have gone to the ups site and checked the status? I noticed the status on amazon was a bit behind, on where in the UPS system it was.

In San Fran and ordered mine the day it came out with the free super saver shipping, it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow (got the shipping notice via UPS just a minute ago)

For all those without prime/super speedy shipping options that say "September 8th - 15th", I thought you might want to know. Woo!

My order changed to "shipping soon" this morning. If they're able to get it out for delivery today and they use UPS as a carrier, I'll probably get it by Friday. If they don't get it out today, or if they use FedEx, I'll probably receive it on Tuesday or Wednesday (thanks to the Labor Day holiday--holy crap it's Labor Day weekend already??).

I'm in the Bay Area as well. Ordered the day it was announced with Free Shipping. Originally got an email which said August 31st was the ship date. Got emailed this morning and it shipped today and is expected to arrive tomorrow 27th. Way to go Amazon. Seems odd that people who paid for expedited shipping are going to be receiving their systems the same day. Perhaps I am just close to a distribution center.

My PS3 shipped out from Nevada yesterday headed for California, but I live in Kansas. That's a weird shipping route.

Edit: Now it's in Des Moines, Iowa. Which is warmer.

[quote name='gunm']My order changed to "shipping soon" this morning. If they're able to get it out for delivery today and they use UPS as a carrier, I'll probably get it by Friday. If they don't get it out today, or if they use FedEx, I'll probably receive it on Tuesday or Wednesday (thanks to the Labor Day holiday--holy crap it's Labor Day weekend already??).[/QUOTE]

Labor day isn't till Sep 7th, not this weekend :p

I wouldn't have paid the $13 to switch to 2-day if I had known that free shipping would have come soon anyways, instead of the 14th or whatever.

Oh well, it's "Shipping soon," so it's too late to change it now. The way I see it, I spent less to upgrade my shipping than I saved on tax.

My slim arrived around 9:30 this morning. It shipped out yesterday afternoon from Reno via FedEx (I live in Ohio). Not to shabby for an extra $3.99.

It has been a long afternoon with it sitting beside me at work...

I just emailed Amazon about my slim, and it looks like there was a screw-up with the estimates and it was actually shipped out this morning even though it isn't reflected in the system. If you ordered before it was showing out of stock and are having odd issues with shipping, try contacting Amazon giving them the details of your order and they should be able to look it up for you.

[quote name='matrixadw']Labor day isn't till Sep 7th, not this weekend :p[/QUOTE]

Whoops. >_< Wishful thinking I guess.

So I guess Monday, if it goes by FedEx or if it doesn't go out today. :p

Well just checked my status on ups, and it says they tried to deliver it, but the driver never came to the house as my wife has been sitting next to the door all day, Was told by the UPS manager that the driver had a lot of packages and that he may have just decided to not deliver it. So now I have to take off a bit early from work to go meet him at a location he will be at later to get my package. JOY. So hopefully at some point tonight I will have my new slim.

What the-? The "driver had a lot of packages" and "may have just decided not to deliver" them?? I know UPS is unionized and all, but gott damn...

It's what i expected happened, since my wife was right there, but found it odd the manager admitted it. Now i have a 10 minute window to meet the driver in front of a pizza place. I was able to get amazon to refund my $3.99 due to my inconvenience, although their customer service person just kept offering suggestions that i kept telling them i already did, took awhile just t get the $3.99.

Well, at least they did offer up the refund. They have really locked down that sort of thing, which is understandable in the recession, but man do I ever miss the good old days of 30 day price guarantees, and more proactive refund requests.

Anyhoo, Amazon did ship out my order today via UPS. The full tracking info isn't in the system yet, but I believe I should receive it on Friday.

Also, thanks for the barnes and noble bing link dallow, but this is the Amazon pre-order thread. >_

mine still says shipping soon with a delivery date of tomorrow....i emailed amazon earlier and they told me they would refund my $3.99 shipping cost.

In case you didn't see the BB slim thread. My slim came preloaded with firmware 2.75. Not even the most recent version. And not the 3.00 advertised.

SOB!!
Hello,

I'm very sorry about the delay in sending your order. While looking into this, I found a problem that was preventing your order from shipping. This is corrected now, and your order will be shipping soon.

In effort to compensate from this inconvenience, I'd like to give you a $3.99 promotional certificate, which you can use the next time you order an item shipped and sold by Amazon.com. You'll see your available promotional balance at checkout--this amount will be applied to your next order automatically without entering a claim code. Your promotional balance doesn't appear in Your Account but will always display when you place an order.

Rest assured, I can confirm that we expect to ship your order by August 27.

We'll send you an e-mail when your order is shipped. If you haven't received a shipment confirmation by August 27, please contact us again at:

http://www.amazon.com/contact-us

My PS3 is being shipped by UPS. Does anyone know if they will just leave it on the porch or will they require someone to sign for it?

[quote name='blk00civicsi']In case you didn't see the BB slim thread. My slim came preloaded with firmware 2.75. Not even the most recent version. And not the 3.00 advertised.[/QUOTE]

well i got my ps3 slim today and everything was ok until decided to go online the ps3 didnt recognize the network well no a big deal i put the wired connection and boala and so i decided to installing the new system update the 2.80 and a error appear while was installing at 47% it shows this "An error occured during the update operation. Contact technical support for assistance. (8002F10)" now i cant do anything at all everytime i restart the console automatically start to installing again and stop again at 47%:cry: so any help guys, i bought it from amazon:bomb:

Just spitballing here manoleke, do you have a spare 2.5 mm HDD lying around? You could swap drives and have the system format the new one. Another alternative would be to pull the HDD and format it on your personal computer. Then re-insert it into the PS3 and go through the wipe again. I find it best to update my PS3s with a flash drive. The wired/wireless connection is terrible for downloading updates.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Just spitballing here manoleke, do you have a spare 2.5 mm HDD lying around? You could swap drives and have the system format the new one. Another alternative would be to pull the HDD and format it on your personal computer. Then re-insert it into the PS3 and go through the wipe again. I find it best to update my PS3s with a flash drive. The wired/wireless connection is terrible for downloading updates.[/QUOTE]

so the thing is if i take off the HDD ill lose the warranty is the lat thing i want to do

The warranty will not void if you remove the hard drive. That was Sony's intent. There's even details on how to upgrade the HDD in the manual. You should be in the clear if you do either of those methods. I don't know of a direct way to prevent the update from happening otherwise.

What happens if you happen to miss the shipment? Does UPS come the next day or do I have to go pick it up from them? My estimated date arrival is Sept 1st, but I'm moving next week on the 1st and might not be at that address till afternoon so I'm kind of trippin right now. Would appreciate any answer. Thanks!

UPS leaves everything from Amazon under $300. I had this issue when they left an HD-DVD player on my doorstep and it got stolen. Amazon told me they require an Indirect Signature on everything under $300. If your order didn't MSRP over $300 it'll be left on your porch for the world to see.

Cupcake - if you miss the delivery and they do not leave it they'll leave a missed delivery notice on your door and you can either pick it up or have it re-delivered the following day.

Well I managed to meet up with the driver and got my unit last night, man it is nice. The driver told me that he was unable to get into my court because there were 2 cars blocking his way, and he didn't want to walk it up to the door and leave it, because there were some suspicious people on the corner, and they are not allowed to just leave it on the step if they suspect someone is around watching. I thanked the driver for that consideration, and then said that I appreciate that he did not leave it on the porch, but my wife was home waiting for the package, and the 3 minutes it took to get out and check was a lot less hassle than the hour out of my day to go make sure i could meet up with him behind a pizza parlor. To top it all off the tape was peeled off one side of the box, and the PS3 box itself had a crease in the middle i noticed when i got it home, system works great though. Just a poor experience.

Cupcake - If you miss the delivery you can call and see if you can pick it up from them at the local hub, or the driver is they are in the area. The other option is to have them re-deliver the next day. They gave me a ton of options yesterday, none of which were having it magically appear in my hands, but they did have options.

Mine should be arriving today, just waiting for the UPS guy to come. Damn this wait is killing me. Also, the UPS guy usually comes between 5-7pm, ugh.

I had written an email to Amazon since they had shipped my MGS4 first but the PS3 Slim was still in limbo in the orders page with an estimated delivery date of august 28. Here is their response:

Hello,

I'm sorry your order didn't arrive when we promised. I requested a partial refund in the amount of $7.50, which will complete within 2-3 business days and appear as a credit on your next statement.

You can view your refund status on the Order Summary in Your Account:

xxxxsomelinkxxxxx

It looks like your order's been shipped through UPS, and we estimate that it will be delivered by August 28. I'm sorry there's no tracking available for this shipment.

The delivery estimate is calculated based on a few different things, including the location of the inventory of items, the delivery address, and how quickly we can put your order together and get it to UPS. In my experience, the estimates we provide are very accurate, so I think you'll see your order soon.

If your items doesn't arrive by 6pm (your local time) on September 1, please do let us know. We can look into this again and we'll do our best to make things right.

There was a $7.50 credit in my order summary, which is half of the $15 shipping charge for 2-day shipping of the PS3 slim and MGS4. Not too shabby. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and that it is just not showing up in the system.

[quote name='silverwolf0']I had written an email to Amazon since they had shipped my MGS4 first but the PS3 Slim was still in limbo in the orders page with an estimated delivery date of august 28. Here is their response:

There was a $7.50 credit in my order summary, which is half of the $15 shipping charge for 2-day shipping of the PS3 slim and MGS4. Not too shabby. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow and that it is just not showing up in the system.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat. They tell me I SHOULD get the PS3 tomorrow but my order still says "shipping soon". They said if I didn't get it tomorrow, they'd compensate me.

I told them I'd rather have the PS3 tomorrow than any refund of shipping. What the hell do I subscribe to prime for?

I suggested that she cancel my order and reorder with 1 day shipping since it was in stock today... but she said the PS3 currently doesnt have 1 or even 2 day shipping.

They must be backordered or just catching up to current orders.

[quote name='sacpodpeople']Well I managed to meet up with the driver and got my unit last night, man it is nice. The driver told me that he was unable to get into my court because there were 2 cars blocking his way, and he didn't want to walk it up to the door and leave it, because there were some suspicious people on the corner, and they are not allowed to just leave it on the step if they suspect someone is around watching. [/QUOTE]

Quick question, do they ship it in a brown box or can you clearly see it's a PS3?

[quote name='njangel1975']Quick question, do they ship it in a brown box or can you clearly see it's a PS3?[/QUOTE]

Amazon ships everything in an amazon box, no matter how ridiculously big the amazon box is.

anyone who got the free frontman wireless guitar recently knows what i'm talking about.

mine was the brown amazon box, but it was broken open so you could see it was a ps3 inside. I was not pleased. Then I put in the new batman game (purchased from tru for the gift card) and am feeling much better.

Sending Amazon an email does wonders. I preordered on August 23rd with 2 day shipping and the estimated date was 8/28. Today at 4 PM it still said it hadn't been shipped. Sent them an email asking what's up and an hour later I get a shipping notification saying it's on its way and should be here tomorrow. They seem to be having lots of delays on their end, but it's cool that they're overnighting it to me (despite me choosing two day delivery) just to meet the original estimated date.

bread's done
Back