34 (100%)

LINK

PS3 Move Bundle is 3PM EST on 11/5

Deals for Today
06:00 AM PDT - VIZIO 55-inch Full HD 1080p 120Hz LCD HDTV $898.99

07:00 AM PDT - FIFA Soccer 11 (360/PS3/Wii) $39.99/$39.99/$34.99

09:00 AM PDT - Logitech MX 518 Gaming Mouse $19.99

10:00 AM PDT - Memorex SingStand Home Karaoke System $49.99

12:00 PM PDT - PS3 320GB Move Bundle w/ $50 credit towards any physical video games shipped & sold by Amazon $399.97

01:00 PM PDT - VIZIO 47-Inch 120 Hz 1080p LCD HDTV $698.99

02:00 PM PDT - VIZIO 32-Inch 720p LCD HDTV, Black $298.99

03:00 PM PDT - VIZIO 26-Inch Class RazorLED 720p LCD HDTV, Black $199.99

04:00 PM PDT - Sound X Electronic Drum Set $299.99

06:00 PM PDT - Madden NFL 11 (360/PS3/Wii) $39.99/$39.99/$34.99

08:00 PM PDT - VIZIO 42-Inch 1080p LCD HDTV, Black $498.99

09:00 PM PDT - "A great deal on the Compaq Presario Laptop PC"

"We're counting down the weeks until Black Friday with spectacular deals every Friday, starting October 29 and running weekly through November 19. Check back every Friday to find fantastic prices on select electronics, video games, and more. And all of these hot deals relate to a theme, including the Deal of the Day and Lightning Deals. Bookmark this page and come back each week to see how you'll save on items that help you "Connect," "Play," "Watch," and "Listen." All deals are good while supplies last, so don't delay!"

- The Gold Box Team

Looks like they are going to start this early.
They have been having some bad Gold Box deals for the past recent months, but their past Black Friday sales were at least notable so we still have chance to grab some good deals.

Last edited by a moderator:
Erm, I just saw a Sears "Black Friday" sale commercial that didn't seem that special. Sorry people, "Black Friday" sales before the actual "Black Friday" just seems like some dumb marketing ploy. If Amazon proves me wrong, then WE ALL WIN. Let's all hope that I am wrong about this one...

ps - I can't lose. If I am right, then I win. If I am wrong then I win by getting some great deals! I'll eat some crow if I can get "Heavy Rain" for $20. Besides, if you eat enough crow, it takes like chicken.

Thanks for the info OP! :applause:
Good luck to all CAG with Amazon video game deals starting tomorrow!!!!!
I am so excited :whee:

Holy shit it starts tomorrow?

83735874.png

This is going to disappoint - and I am someone who defends Amazon and people whining about their lack of deals.

They're just trying to cash in on the name "Black Friday" like Target did this summer with "Black Friday in July" even though there was shit for deals.

Amazon isn't going to throw any steals our way this early. All Amazon does these days is just price match other retailers, and that was their exact Black Friday game plan last year. I'm not complaining about that, but I'm just pointing out that because Amazon rarely offers a great deal without price matching another retailer, don't expect too much in these Fridays leading up to Black Friday (or Black Friday week where Amazon spread out their price-matching deals over the course of a week).

[quote name='Psybuster']Here's hoping to a nice SSD/big HDD and video card deal too.[/QUOTE]

I am looking for a video card too. Newegg just put up some promotions and discounts on some of the gtx 400 series cards so it would be awesome if amazon does the same. GTX 580 is supposed to hit next month or in December so hopefully there will be some good black friday deas on the 400 series.

I just sold my GTX 280 and only have a pitiful 256mb EVGA 7900 GS KO from a loooong time ago to hold me over until I get a new card. I have until WoW: Cataclysm comes out but if Amazon has a good deal on a gtx 470 or 480 during one of these early BF deals I will probably jump on it.

Also PST sucks. I am EST and have class tomorrow at 9 so no way I can stay up for the first round of deals. I will be pissed if I miss something good.

This is fail unless they can beat targets deal and i doubt they will beat buy 2 get 1 on any games 14.99- 59.99. They are just trying to bump heads with other retailers I'm losing faith in amazon lately they offer me nothing better then deals from retail stores.

Hmmm, given their history of gold box 'deals' I think people are in for disappointment prior to the true BF sales.

[quote name='Jodou']Hmmm, given their history of gold box 'deals' I think people are in for disappointment prior to the true BF sales.[/QUOTE]

I'm worried about that too.

excellent! my ps3 just died from the yellow light of death
so i was thinking about getting an xbox and these deals could get me some games cheap
cmon fable 3 and halo reach!

[quote name='food4me3389']excellent! my ps3 just died from the yellow light of death
so i was thinking about getting an xbox and these deals could get me some games cheap
cmon fable 3 and halo reach![/QUOTE]

Fable III + NBA 2K11 (360) + NBA 2K11 (PS3) - NBA 2K11 (360) Amazon trade in credit ($39) - NBA 2K11 (PS3) Amazon trade in credit ($39) = $32 for Fable III, shipped

That is.. if you consider Amazon credit equivalent to cash. I mean you WILL spend it anyway, right?

:p

[quote name='labelmeoriginal']Fable III + NBA 2K11 (360) + NBA 2K11 (PS3) - NBA 2K11 (360) Amazon trade in credit ($39) - NBA 2K11 (PS3) Amazon trade in credit ($39) = $32 for Fable III, shipped

That is.. if you consider Amazon credit equivalent to cash. I mean you WILL spend it anyway, right?

:p[/QUOTE]
lol. Wrong thread?

But it's not Black Friday yet. So there is no competition in prices, thus this is just a "sale". Combine with the mentality "Oh I'll just save up for the real Black Friday" and "Must be cheaper on real Black Friday"

Until I see $3 Blurays, I won't believe it

^^^ Well, I could take that further and say for the most part last year's Black Friday sales weren't all that good anyway. It seems I actually got my best deals in the week leading up to it - from Amazon. So I will definitely be keeping an eye on this.

But as for toniight - d'oh! I just happen to be on the East coast and have an early work schedule so I don't think I can stay up till 3am just to see if they start it off good. Oh well - I'll be home tomorrow and ready for the weekend deals anyway.

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Let's get ready for this beast! I dropped over $500 last year.[/QUOTE]

I thought you were sizing down not buying more stuff :lol:

God damn it. I work regular 8-5 hours and these deals go up at 2am my time. I'm looking for a new 360, and hope they toss out a deal on some package. Should I be checking the Gold Box, Games section DOTD, or some other place?

Hmmm...well it will either be underwhelming in typical Amazon gold box fashion, or they might make this first Friday one good in order to get people back every Friday leading up to Black Friday.

My guess is amazon over the next few weeks will start getting the intel on what their brick and mortar competition is going to do for Black Friday (as we and the other deal sites/BF sites do), and start undermining the competition early by doing early deal pricematches.

Just as they did with Targets B2G1 deal as well as other deals, my guess is every Friday they will match them ahead of their competitor's sale to beat them to the punch and take business away from their competitors.

Looks like I'm staying up until 3am just to get punched in the face, huh? Eagerly awaiting the deal for Cabela's Big Game Queer-Chasing 2010.

Good timing for me, i actually have a bit of money saved. i also have a massive backlog of unplayed games yet i can't refrain from buying more lol.

Well, I could take that further and say for the most part last year's Black Friday sales weren't all that good anyway. It seems I actually got my best deals in the week leading up to it - from Amazon. So I will definitely be keeping an eye on this.

Last year's BF deals were a massive disappointment at Amazon, you're right. I remember the bleary-eyed wait until 3am for them to go live, then the "you've got to be kidding" reaction I think 99% of everyone here had when they went up. There were a few mild deals but nothing at all like prior years. Hopefully this year will be a return to form, but I won't be holding my breath. Perhaps there will be something in these "pre BF" deals, but again, I'll believe it when I see it. :)

Are you kidding? Amazon was really good last year. They pretty much matched or beat every other retailer. The complaints came because Amazon spread their sales out over a few days instead of having everything on Black Friday.

[quote name='dchrisd']Are you kidding? Amazon was really good last year. They pretty much matched or beat every other retailer. The complaints came because Amazon spread their sales out over a few days instead of having everything on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

No, I liked that they spread them out. It's just that overall, last BF was just underwhelming. Don't get me wrong, I got lots of stuff from Amazon and it was pretty good compared to the B&M deals (such that I had no reason to deal with the crowds and go out for what meager little additional savings I might get). I'm actually kind of hoping the B&M deals aren't so great this year too, so I can just stay home, buy a few things online, and play some actual games that day ;).

3 years ago I got the best Black Friday deal ever: my youngest son was born that day ;). I still remember going by Gamecrazy later in the day to get my Zelda DS Lite though - they had saved one for me, which was nice. Otherwise I missed both the online and store deals that year. And kind of ever since then I haven't felt like dealing with the crowds.

[quote name='dchrisd']Are you kidding? Amazon was really good last year. They pretty much matched or beat every other retailer. The complaints came because Amazon spread their sales out over a few days instead of having everything on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

._.

You may not have been on the forums last year, but I can assure you, the deals were nothing less than lame.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']

Until I see $3 Blurays, I won't believe it[/QUOTE]

$3 blurays? psh yeah right. lowest they will go for is $5. :p

hopefully this amazon BF thing wont be as horrid as those lighting deals.

Is asking for the 4GB xbox360 for 99.99 to much?

Or 199.99 with 100.00 credit lol i remember walmart did this last black friday when i priced matched my netbook from office depot. Its the only way a xbox would be worth it for me because i already owned two a launch one no HDMI and a modded banned from xbox live one. Never played online either because of the 50.00 a year + 99.99 for needing to be wireless so i sold xbox last September for 120 GB ps3 loving it but want to play only halo lol so that's why i need it for cheap because its only for like 4-5 games.

Last year's pre-Black Friday deals had some that were better than the real black Friday... like the Tekken 6+stick combo for $30 (or was it $40)? I got my mom a pretty nice Dell laptop for $299... they PM'd the Walmart $100GC on a 360 deal...

IMO many of the pre-BF sales were better than what they really did for BF.

[quote name='Justin42']Last year's pre-Black Friday deals had some that were better than the real black Friday... like the Tekken 6+stick combo for $30 (or was it $40)? I got my mom a pretty nice Dell laptop for $299... they PM'd the Walmart $100GC on a 360 deal...

IMO many of the pre-BF sales were better than what they really did for BF.[/QUOTE]

That's what i need my man the 100 credit on a sexbox. But it has to be new slim with wi-fi.

Then it be worth it for halo and to use as a standard dvd player at that price since i have 0 bluerays and no intentions of buying what you can get for free.

Shows new gold box deals don't start in till 6 am PST am i missing something or did TC mess up. Like the time who ever did the last gold box thread said 3 am eastern when it was really 9 am eastern because it was 6 am PST

If they sell a 160GB PS3 Slim for $260 or lower, I might have to bite.

Who knows how tough it'll be to get certain items for cheap during the real Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales.

Not to optimistic with Amazon sales anymore but they could give us a few surprises like they usually do.

Oh no, this makes me a little nervous :D I have been lucky not finding anything during the Gold Box that I have wanted lately and therefore not adding to the backlog. But, Amazon tends to have decent Black Friday Deals, so this could mean the end to that :D

I saw on Yahoo tonight that Black Friday is supposed to be better than it has been in a few years... fingers crossed for some goodies this year :D

bread's done
Back