Amazon customer service down the shitter?

jacobeid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
11 (100%)
Has anybody else noticed that Amazon's customer service has been really, really poor lately?

I've had 5 out of my last 6 orders messed up by amazon, and they basically give me a "tough luck" answer. When I've sent e-mails to them about an item, they'll send me back an e-mail that has absolutely nothing to do with what I asked. For example, I ordered a book for one of my classes that was in stock, and I paid the $3.99 for one day delivery. It took four days to ship and two more days to get there. I had to call Amazon to get it sorted out because I couldn't wait that long for a book. They basically told me it will get there when it will get there. I ended up having to pay full price at my college book store and sending the one back to amazon.

I've also had a trade in that is taking a ridiculous amount of time. I sent in Other M on September 6th in hopes of getting Reach sometime the week of launch. I sent it UPS which amazon states takes 2-6 business days. That's September 13th by the latest. The tracking shows that they received the item on the 9th, and they state that once received, gift cards will be deposited within two business days. It's the 20th and I don't have a gift card and the website still says "not yet received." Again when I called to explain how I was planning on using that trade in for Reach, they told me that they can't do anything even though it's taking longer than their policy states, so tough luck.

If their prices weren't so good, I'd be really hard pressed to purchase from them. I've been using them for about 3 years and never once had a problem until about a month and a half ago.

Anyone else? Am I just having really, really bad luck?

[quote name='ritchardf']now im nervous about sending mafia 2 in, hope i dont end up waiting as long as you have[/QUOTE]

It's really weird. It normally takes about a week total. I sent Alan Wake in on August 18th and had a gift card deposited on the 26th. The day before I sent in a larger trade in of older games and I got that gift card on the 26th as well. Both within reasonable times. This is just weird. The weirdest part for me is that normally whenever there is a slight issue, amazon CS is all about helping you out. Not an "our bad, but we don't care," attitude that I've seen recently.

I might add that for the book that I ordered with the premium one day shipping, when it didn't ship and then took multiple days, amazon wouldn't refund that shipping cost either.

[quote name='jacobeid']It's really weird. It normally takes about a week total. I sent Alan Wake in on August 18th and had a gift card deposited on the 26th. The day before I sent in a larger trade in of older games and I got that gift card on the 26th as well. Both within reasonable times. This is just weird. The weirdest part for me is that normally whenever there is a slight issue, amazon CS is all about helping you out. Not an "our bad, but we don't care," attitude that I've seen recently.

I might add that for the book that I ordered with the premium one day shipping, when it didn't ship and then took multiple days, amazon wouldn't refund that shipping cost either.[/QUOTE]

that is really unusual, i wonder if they are starting to crack down due to them being a little too generous in the past

[quote name='ritchardf']that is really unusual, i wonder if they are starting to crack down due to them being a little too generous in the past[/QUOTE]

Maybe, but if I pay for one day shipping and it takes almost a week to get to me, I better see that one day shipping fee gone.

This is not a amazon owes me a million dollars because they raised the price 4 cents when it was in my cart. It's been some pretty big mess ups. I'd also like to note that my e-mails to them have been nice just asking what is going on and why I haven't received credit when they've had the game for so long, etc. The game was in complete mint condition so there's no way that it wouldn't have been accepted.

When they send you the reply and it isn't helpful, click on the link of the bottom of the email that says "no, this did not resolve my problem" (or something like that). It will bring up a new box, type in your problem again, and explain how the previous reply from amazon did not resolve your problem or help you. Also, tell them what you feel needs to be done to resolve it.

For example, you should definitely do this on the premium shipping charge... there is no reason for them not to refund it since you did not have the book the next day like you paid for.

I've had to do this on a couple of orders this year, and it worked out for me each time.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']When they send you the reply and it isn't helpful, click on the link of the bottom of the email that says "no, this did not resolve my problem" (or something like that). It will bring up a new box, type in your problem again, and explain how the previous reply from amazon did not resolve your problem or help you. Also, tell them what you feel needs to be done to resolve it.

For example, you should definitely do this on the premium shipping charge... there is no reason for them not to refund it since you did not have the book the next day like you paid for.

I've had to do this on a couple of orders this year, and it worked out for me each time.[/QUOTE]

I did that with no reply. By the time I actually called a CS rep, I had already purchased the book at the campus book store so I just had everything refunded.

It's bad luck and the CSR's have no control over either situation. I've never had a problem with CS in the rare occasion that something did go wrong, either.

i agree - the customer service has really gone down within the past year.

I've emailed customer service about a dozen times over the past 6-months on various orders and not once have i received a response. And some of these individual orders were for over $1,000!

In the past, Amazon had always replied back to me within a day. You might have better luck just calling them.

I just had an Amazon CSR help solve a problem last week with no problem and have never had any issues at all before.

I always call them up personally though, so not sure how different the email CSR and phone CSR will be.

You probably just got the luck of the draw on a shitty rep.

I've had some poor service also but when I get one of those reps (or a rep that clearly has no clue wtf I'm talking about or if I don't understand them) I just end the call and call and get another rep that gives better service. One thing about amazon service I've learned is that if you don't get service that meets your expectations just don't accept that resolution and call back and get someone else.

Last couple of times I emailed them they basically just repeated what I told them. The Ys Seven listing had two versions, a limited edition and the premium edition. Since the premium edition is the limited edition (it says "Premium Edition" right on the box) I asked which version of the game I would be getting. The response was basically "We have two listings for this game, the limited edition and the premium edition." Yeah, I just said that.

[quote name='Captain_Insano16']When they send you the reply and it isn't helpful, click on the link of the bottom of the email that says "no, this did not resolve my problem" (or something like that). It will bring up a new box, type in your problem again, and explain how the previous reply from amazon did not resolve your problem or help you. Also, tell them what you feel needs to be done to resolve it.

I've had to do this on a couple of orders this year, and it worked out for me each time.[/QUOTE]

Lucky you. They once ended my polite request with a bitchy form reply in essence that we've said all we'll say, and don't even think about contacting us again. If you push this issue after I've denied you, there will be consequences.

That threatening tone sent shivers down my spine at first :cold:, followed by seething WTF fire rising from my core. :bomb:

Now I think thrice before I order from Amabozo for more expensive stuff like electronics. You never know which bipolar side of CS you'll get stuck with.

They sent my copy of Metroid Other M a day late(was supposed to get it on release date). They gave me $10 credit as an apology. So yeah, no complaints here when it comes to customer service.

I've had mixed results with their trade-in program though. The first time I did it, it took like 3 weeks. I don't know whether it was because 2 of the games I sent were ineligible(unlike GS, they don't take UPS-less games, which you normally get in a bundle or CE of some kind) or if they were just slow. Whatever it was, I sent them an email, and an hour later got a response, and another hour later, got confirmation that it went through and that they deposited the money into my account.

The second time, which was back in July according to my Amazon account, was done in just under a week. I just sent some in today, so I'm hoping I'll be getting it by Monday, before FIFA 11 ships.

I bought a Ninja Assault with Guncon2 from Warehouse deals for $16.99. I get the game only. Basically get a tough luck, send it back. I only really bought it for the box. I already have the game and plenty of Guncon2's. I was saying that the description was messed up. Amazon messed up, b/c the invoice still says with Guncon2, and the link leads to the bundle. I have spent close to $2000 this year alone on stuff, and rarely had any complaints. Kept getting the tough luck. Had to settle for a refund. I didn't want any extra credit. I wanted the item that was listed, that I paid the listed price for, delivered to me. I did my part and paid the listed price. Amazon failed in either listing the incorrect item and/or sending the incorrect item. The guy said he would put a note on my account to send the correct stuff from now on. Thanks a lot guy.

Has Amazon customer service ever been good? Speaking as a seller, it is literally the worst company I have ever dealt with. They need to get their asses sued for what they feel they can do with money given to them.

[quote name='schuerm26']Has Amazon customer service ever been good? Speaking as a seller, it is literally the worst company I have ever dealt with. They need to get their asses sued for what they feel they can do with money given to them.[/QUOTE]

Um, ya! They have the best damn customer service I have ever come across. If you want to talk about bad customer service, then lets talk about buy.com

I have had over a dozen order changes and various issues with orders in the past and customer service has always fixed the problem within 24 hours (usually within 2-3 hours). They have given me promotional credit on many instances when they did not have to, and upgraded my shipping in other instances when they didn't have to. Honestly, every other company needs to look at Amazon's customer service and copy it, because it works damn well and always keeps me coming back.

As for the issue with the OP, sorry to hear you are having trouble. I've traded in about 20 games to Amazon in the past few weeks in about 8 or so packages, and I got my credit in my account within about 4-6 days of dropping them at the post office. I haven't had to deal with Customer service in the past few months, but I doubt I will have any problems. Just stick to calling for now if that is working, as they may have a few new CS reps doing email support who don't know what they are doing.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']Um, ya! They have the best damn customer service I have ever come across. If you want to talk about bad customer service, then lets talk about buy.com

I have had over a dozen order changes and various issues with orders in the past and customer service has always fixed the problem within 24 hours (usually within 2-3 hours). They have given me promotional credit on many instances when they did not have to, and upgraded my shipping in other instances when they didn't have to. Honestly, every other company needs to look at Amazon's customer service and copy it, because it works damn well and always keeps me coming back.

As for the issue with the OP, sorry to hear you are having trouble. I've traded in about 20 games to Amazon in the past few weeks in about 8 or so packages, and I got my credit in my account within about 4-6 days of dropping them at the post office. I haven't had to deal with Customer service in the past few months, but I doubt I will have any problems. Just stick to calling for now if that is working, as they may have a few new CS reps doing email support who don't know what they are doing.[/QUOTE]

Once again, I was talking about as a seller. As a seller the interactions with Amazon are absolutely horrid.

[quote name='schuerm26']Once again, I was talking about as a seller. As a seller the interactions with Amazon are absolutely horrid.[/QUOTE] You sir are 100% correct. Amazon likes to shit on the seller. It's in their policy. "We shit on the Seller"

Last week or so I contacted Amazon CS about COD Black Ops $20 Game Credit. They replied courteously saying I'll still get it and the poster.

Today, I contacted them about a late 2-day package via UPS (Bay Area UPS sucks BTW). Their reply had no apologies or sincerity at all - not even the automatic generic response ones. All they said was to wait 7 more days before contacting them again about late packages. That was it! I was like WTF was that? I've contacted them in the past about late packages and they've always been courteously and apologetic - even offering to keep a close tab of the package to make sure I get it and such. Absolutely nothing this time. I hope that CS rep from India gets fired because they have no CS skills at all.

Off topic, but a side Rant about California Bay Area UPS...
Ordered two items (separate orders): Both 2-Day Shipping, shipped out from the same warehouse at the same time/day. Both ended up in Sacramento at the same time too. One ended up going to my local UPS and got delivered on time; the other stayed in Sacramento for the rest of the day, then ended up in South San Francisco for another whole day, then somehow went to San Jose for yet another day, and now returned back to Sacramento. BTW, I live between Sac and SF. Package is now 3 days late...and it's not the first time my packages from Amazon have gone on an extended Bay Area tour. I'd say this happens about 30% of the time.

[quote name='TiKi2']You sir are 100% correct. Amazon likes to shit on the seller. It's in their policy. "We shit on the Seller"[/QUOTE]

+1 on that. It's why I've stopped selling on Amazon for good. It's just a waste of time, really. If a buyer decides to say you're item wasn't what they ordered, then you are fucked. Amazon doesn't even make the buyer send the item back. They just take your money and say "fuck you."

See I have never had a problem with Amazon, all my release date delivery stuff got there to me by :2-3 Pm and all orders I can remember arrived within the time frame. It's a shame it hasn't been the same for you guys.

[quote name='DarkRider23']+1 on that. It's why I've stopped selling on Amazon for good. It's just a waste of time, really. If a buyer decides to say you're item wasn't what they ordered, then you are fucked. Amazon doesn't even make the buyer send the item back. They just take your money and say "fuck you."[/QUOTE]

Currently Amazon is holding $3200 of mine. Why? Because as a new seller, stuff sold to quickly (I think the called it something like Seller Velocity) without feedback to back it up. So they expect you to ship everything and keep fulfilling orders but not getting any money for 30 days. It is INSANE! The 30 days is finally up on the 29th.

[quote name='schuerm26']Currently Amazon is holding $3200 of mine. Why? Because as a new seller, stuff sold to quickly (I think the called it something like Seller Velocity) without feedback to back it up. So they expect you to ship everything and keep fulfilling orders but not getting any money for 30 days. It is INSANE! The 30 days is finally up on the 29th.[/QUOTE]

You could always threaten legal action. 3.2k ain't chump change man.

Sorry for bumping this but I have to rant again...

Got an email telling me that my $10 Game Credit from Fallout New Vegas was credited to my account. Decided to go buy something with it, but it wasn't applying on anything I put in checkout.

1st attempt - I emailed and got a generic response on how the Game Credits work. I already know how they work, since I've gotten them numerous times.

2nd attempt - I decided to do the Live Chat this time. Person had no idea what I was talking about and thought I was trying to buy a gift certificate with a gift certificate. Then he asked me to hold while he researched the issue. Right after that, they left the chat session.

3rd attempt - Live Chat again. I tried explaining the situation again. Also told them how unsatisfied I was about not being helped and how the previous person just left chat. This person said they'd research the issue too and once again leaves the chat session.

4th attempt - I'm pissed off now and I Call them. Yay, I get transfered to (supposedly) an American! Told her what happened and she apologized about the Live Chat. She saw my Cart and confirmed that the promotional credit wasn't applying properly like it should. Tells me to place the order and she manually subtracts $10.

FYI: I also complained to her about how Amazon.com isn't working properly. After you signin, it brings you back to the signin asking you to signin again in a loop. She confirmed that they know about the problem and are working on it. She also suggested that might also be the cause of why the promotional credit wasn't working (since the site is having problems). So anyone else not able to use your $10 Fallout New Vegas video credits, I suggest you call them.

Definite decline in both shipping and customer service. Within the last month I've had multiple issues with late packages, even though I have Prime. Normally I'm laid back about such things but CSRs haven't been helpful at all, so I've been a bit more aggressive in return to force refunds.

The shipping time for super saver shipping has increased, but that's about the only problem I have with amazon as a buyer.

All customer service emails I have sent were replied to within 1 day and the responses were always friendly & helpful. :)

I haven't had any real issues lately... except when my order ships from their Lexington, KY location. Anything that ships from there arrives in terrible condition due to poorer condition versus their other warehouses (probably b/c the Lexington, KY location is where all returns go).

I haven't experienced any of the problems that have been described in this thread... maybe the problem is on your end's and not Amazon's? I know Amazon's gone a bit downhill but it still sounds odd that some of you are having that many problems.

amazon customer service is the best. just got fallouw new vegas for $28 after the glitch where it showed up as collectors editon but was actually standard. so i contacted them since they were out of the collectors edition they offer me %50 back. took few miinutes but got them to offer it. I LOVE YOU AMAAZON. only had my packages delay 2 since 2006

[quote name='deviousnaraku']Sorry for bumping this but I have to rant again...

Got an email telling me that my $10 Game Credit from Fallout New Vegas was credited to my account. Decided to go buy something with it, but it wasn't applying on anything I put in checkout.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for pointing this out. My credit is no where to be found, either. I'll contact them tomorrow.

I'm going to have to agree that Amazon has really given up on its customer service. Preordered a game, it shows up, open up package, empty case inside. I email them to complain and I'm told "Tough luck, you can wait 4-5 weeks for us to send out another copy or wait a week to get a refund." I brought up that I'm a Prime member and that they didn't change the price of my preorder when it went down, and I also didn't get the game on the release date like the shipping option guaranteed. Their response again was "Not our problem. Tough luck." I'm extremely angry with how they're handling the situation.

The quality of Amazon's support is entirely dependent on which CSR you happen to be talking to. You just have to keep trying until you luck out and reach a decent human being who's willing to help you. Even in that case though, their CSR training must be terrible-- I've never spoken to anyone who was as familiar with Amazon's policies as I was. When you try to explain something like the preorder price guarantee, they act like they're hearing about it for the first time.

I dunno, they're usually pretty good to me. My Fallout credit didn't go through, so I contacted them and they apologized and ultimately I got a $20 credit. Don't know if it's a glitch, all I know is I'm happy with CoD:Black Ops Hardened Edition for 54.99 shipped :bouncy:

[quote name='TiKi2']You could always threaten legal action. 3.2k ain't chump change man.[/QUOTE]

He could, but it will do him absolutely nothing. You give Amazon the right to hold your money for as long as they want. It's in one of the forms you have to agree to before being allowed to sell. Paypal does the same thing if they ever have to verify funds. They will hold your money for years if need be and again, you gave them the right to do so.

[quote name='DarkRider23']He could, but it will do him absolutely nothing. You give Amazon the right to hold your money for as long as they want. It's in one of the forms you have to agree to before being allowed to sell. Paypal does the same thing if they ever have to verify funds. They will hold your money for years if need be and again, you gave them the right to do so.[/QUOTE]

Just a little update on that 3200. Well the MOMENT the 30 days came up, They banned the account and now are holding it until January 3. Which would be 90 days from the ban.

My ODR was above 1% apparently. Problem is that they don't care why it is up there. I sold 2 OZ second seasons that clearly stated in the description "discs only, ex-rentals". I had 5 of them. 2 of the people that bought them left me negative feedback for being disc only. Of course Amazon doesn't care.

Another one was where a printer sold. The guy couldn't figure out how to get drivers installed. The printer worked perfectly, he just couldn't figure it out and was getting frustrated. I refunded the money and let him just keep the printer. Of course ANY REFUND screws you.

It is disgusting how Amazon operates. There is nothing a seller can do. I went with good customer service yet get dinged. The ONLY option is to say screw you buyer and hope they just forget about it. Refund=screwed so you might as well just hope and pray they don't file a claim.

It is also IMPOSSIBLE to negate negative feedback as you get them, as literally out of 300 transactions i had 20 people leave positive. Most people just forget about it.

[quote name='DarkRider23']He could, but it will do him absolutely nothing. You give Amazon the right to hold your money for as long as they want. It's in one of the forms you have to agree to before being allowed to sell. Paypal does the same thing if they ever have to verify funds. They will hold your money for years if need be and again, you gave them the right to do so.[/QUOTE]

Im pretty sure if a class action suit was brought up they could win. Just because something is in a customer agreement doesn't make it legal.

h. If we reasonably conclude based on information available to us that Seller's actions and/or performance in connection with the Services may result in Buyer disputes, chargebacks or other claims, then we may, in our sole discretion, delay initiating any remittances and withhold any payments to be made or that are otherwise due to you in connection with the Services or this Participation Agreement for the shorter of: (a) a period of 90 days following the initial date of suspension; or (b) completion of any investigation(s) regarding any Seller actions and/or performance in connection with this Participation Agreement. We will not be liable to Seller if we act in accordance with the provisions of this Section.

This to me means that if all A to Z claims are done and 90 days is up, the money must be released. They do NOT have the right to hold it as long as they want.

What really gets me about Amazon is that they hold EVERYTHING!!! It is wrong and they are only doing it because they are collecting ungodly amounts of interest for NOTHING. Can you even imagine how much money they are holding for 90 days because of "problems"?

Last edited by a moderator:
A mild off-topic interjection not in regards to the ongoing discussion: My Xbox 360 broke, from a bundle purchased through Amazon. Inoperable, non-functional, and unable to even boot beyond a message after two months of use, they gave me these words of wisdom:
I just wasn't satisfied and maybe I should sell it through the Amazon marketplace. I sent another e-mail asking how they could say such drivel and got a really snappy response about how they would do nothing. That is service!

[quote name='vivafriend5']A mild off-topic interjection not in regards to the ongoing discussion: My Xbox 360 broke, from a bundle purchased through Amazon. Inoperable, non-functional, and unable to even boot beyond a message after two months of use, they gave me these words of wisdom:
I just wasn't satisfied and maybe I should sell it through the Amazon marketplace. I sent another e-mail asking how they could say such drivel and got a really snappy response about how they would do nothing. That is service![/QUOTE]Uh, that's beyond their 30 day return policy, so they're obligated to do nothing to resolve the issue. It's also in the warranty period, so you can work with Microsoft to get it repaired.

I really don't see how it's Amazon's issue to resolve and why you went to them for resolution. Admittedly, telling you to sell it on the Marketplace was a little crass, though again, it's beyond their return period and within the product warranty period.

[quote name='eddie291']They sent my copy of Metroid Other M a day late(was supposed to get it on release date). They gave me $10 credit as an apology. So yeah, no complaints here when it comes to customer service.[/QUOTE]

WTF; this has happened to me twice in the past 6 months and I haven't gotten any Amazon credit; they just tell me to wait for the game...Such BS Amazon....

The tip I always hear when dealing with CSRs is that if you call and you're not getting the answer you feel is fair, immediately hang up and call again. 90% of the time saying, "can I talk to your supervisor?" doesn't do anything so just try and get a CSR who will help by calling back.

I've had the exact opposite experience in my dealings with Amazon. I just recently pre-ordered the God of War Ghosts of Sparta PSP bundle that's due out Nov. 2nd. For some reason the scheduled delivery wasn't until the 15th (WTF how does a pre-order arrive 2 weeks late?)! I e-mailed them and within about 3 hours got a responsive saying that they had upgraded my shipping to 2 day for free and now the delivery date is the 5th.

I don't think I've ever had a bad experience with Amazon customer service.

[quote name='schuerm26']Just a little update on that 3200. Well the MOMENT the 30 days came up, They banned the account and now are holding it until January 3. Which would be 90 days from the ban.

My ODR was above 1% apparently. Problem is that they don\'t care why it is up there. I sold 2 OZ second seasons that clearly stated in the description "discs only, ex-rentals". I had 5 of them. 2 of the people that bought them left me negative feedback for being disc only. Of course Amazon doesn\'t care.

Another one was where a printer sold. The guy couldn\'t figure out how to get drivers installed. The printer worked perfectly, he just couldn\'t figure it out and was getting frustrated. I refunded the money and let him just keep the printer. Of course ANY REFUND screws you.

It is disgusting how Amazon operates. There is nothing a seller can do. I went with good customer service yet get dinged. The ONLY option is to say screw you buyer and hope they just forget about it. Refund=screwed so you might as well just hope and pray they don\'t file a claim.

It is also IMPOSSIBLE to negate negative feedback as you get them, as literally out of 300 transactions i had 20 people leave positive. Most people just forget about it.[/QUOTE]

Well, I just read this thread and this makes me feel shitty. As you guys know from friends of sonics thread, i am in the same position as you were right now. There are some minor differences. 1. My ODR is 0%. Always has been. I have never had any chargebacks on my account. Never. So I don\'t think its that. 2. I have never had 1 single negative feedback. I had 1 neutral. Thats it. Guy didn\'t like the bubble mailer I sent the game in. Talk about picky. 3. I have sold about 300 items total in a year, and that was it. Total feedback was around 69 when this happened. After sending feedback reminders, I am now at 80. All positive again. 4. I recently went through an illness which caused me to send 5-6 items 3 days late. That was unavoiable. I was ill. 5. Around may, 3-4 buyers asked for refunds because they bought an item they no longer needed. It was the same item each time. I gladly refunded them because I didn\'t want any problems. I then found out refunds are frowned upon because its seen as \"wrong\" on amazon. So I noticed this one item was a problem. Stopped selling them. Since then, no refunds ever. So I have no clue what the hell is up. I recently sold $3500 worth in october and thats when it happened. Thing is, I have sold that much before. I\'m hoping this is just a review and I need people to leave me feedback.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']Well, I just read this thread and this makes me feel shitty. As you guys know from friends of sonics thread, i am in the same position as you were right now. There are some minor differences. 1. My ODR is 0%. Always has been. I have never had any chargebacks on my account. Never. So I don\'t think its that. 2. I have never had 1 single negative feedback. I had 1 neutral. Thats it. Guy didn\'t like the bubble mailer I sent the game in. Talk about picky. 3. I have sold about 300 items total in a year, and that was it. Total feedback was around 69 when this happened. After sending feedback reminders, I am now at 80. All positive again. 4. I recently went through an illness which caused me to send 5-6 items 3 days late. That was unavoiable. I was ill. 5. Around may, 3-4 buyers asked for refunds because they bought an item they no longer needed. It was the same item each time. I gladly refunded them because I didn\'t want any problems. I then found out refunds are frowned upon because its seen as \"wrong\" on amazon. So I noticed this one item was a problem. Stopped selling them. Since then, no refunds ever. So I have no clue what the hell is up. I recently sold $3500 worth in october and thats when it happened. Thing is, I have sold that much before. I\'m hoping this is just a review and I need people to leave me feedback.[/QUOTE]

Seriously, You are in the EXACT same position I was in. I had 0 chargebacks, negatives, claims.

The reason they are putting your account under review is something called seller velocity limits. Your sales are outpacing your feedback and whatever other crap they decide to use to hold your money. My account was PERFECT. I cashed out an intial 800+ dollars. Then about 4 days later I tried to cash out another 400. They pulled that 400 back and then put me on the 30 day review. This means you must keep selling but you get no money to cover shipping or inventory. I have read accounts where you stop selling and then they continue to hold your funds (ban your account also)

You need to look up "Seller Velocity" or something to that affect. That is what is going on. I am telling you, there is literally no rhyme or reason with Amazon towards small sellers. They do as they please. I would be VERY VERY wary of putting much more into selling on Amazon unless you are capable of covering yourself while they hold your money for 3 more months after the initial 30 day review.

Has anyone had anything randomly returned to them before?

I ordered Jamiroquai's new CD from Amazon UK (I live in the US), which shipped out on November 1st, but then I got an e-mail from them today about how they "received my return" and that my refund is being processed.

I have no idea what this means. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you even get any tracking info on it being shipped? I wonder if the cd broke before it got through customs and they just RTS for you.

No, they don't do tracking on international orders (at least not with standard shipping). I took it as a sign to go ahead and order it from HMV Japan to get the extra bonus track. Came out to $45 though. :'(

[quote name='schuerm26']Seriously, You are in the EXACT same position I was in. I had 0 chargebacks, negatives, claims.

The reason they are putting your account under review is something called seller velocity limits. Your sales are outpacing your feedback and whatever other crap they decide to use to hold your money. My account was PERFECT. I cashed out an intial 800+ dollars. Then about 4 days later I tried to cash out another 400. They pulled that 400 back and then put me on the 30 day review. This means you must keep selling but you get no money to cover shipping or inventory. I have read accounts where you stop selling and then they continue to hold your funds (ban your account also)

You need to look up "Seller Velocity" or something to that affect. That is what is going on. I am telling you, there is literally no rhyme or reason with Amazon towards small sellers. They do as they please. I would be VERY VERY wary of putting much more into selling on Amazon unless you are capable of covering yourself while they hold your money for 3 more months after the initial 30 day review.[/QUOTE]

You said before you had 2 negative feedbacks and now you say none. Which is it? Also, after contacting them about the situation again, i told the seller rep i have done some investigating and apparently people have had this happen to them and then get banned. why are they going to ban me if i have done nothing wrong. i have not gotten any chargebacks, claims, negatives, zero ODR the whole year and so forth. I am basically an ideal seller. The guy told me the only ban accounts who have failed to meet their standards and/or who are tied to banned accounts. I told him i have never done anything with amazon that was fraud like with this or any other account. So he just said for me to get my feedback up. that i was at 28 percent feedback left. There is some reseller named sarah allen who has bought 10 items from me, and they refuse to leave me feedback. thats really dragging me down. this is bullshit. i better not get banned for lack of feedback. thats fucking rediculous.

[quote name='handsome_bitch']You said before you had 2 negative feedbacks and now you say none. Which is it? Also, after contacting them about the situation again, i told the seller rep i have done some investigating and apparently people have had this happen to them and then get banned. why are they going to ban me if i have done nothing wrong. i have not gotten any chargebacks, claims, negatives, zero ODR the whole year and so forth. I am basically an ideal seller. The guy told me the only ban accounts who have failed to meet their standards and/or who are tied to banned accounts. I told him i have never done anything with amazon that was fraud like with this or any other account. So he just said for me to get my feedback up. that i was at 28 percent feedback left. There is some reseller named sarah allen who has bought 10 items from me, and they refuse to leave me feedback. thats really dragging me down. this is bullshit. i better not get banned for lack of feedback. thats fucking rediculous.[/QUOTE]

The negatives happened during the 30 day review. They put the 30 day review on when I had no problems at all whatsoever. Hopefully it works out for you. Fraud has nothing to do with it by the way. If you sell something that doesn't work or if someone is unhappy, you are screwed, no matter what you do.

bread's done
Back