Amazon: Dawn of Mana (PS2) w/ bonus Soundtrack - 49.99

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
175 (100%)
I don't think anywhere else is giving out the soundtrack with this. Not sure if it's worth it since most people have found the game to be very average but it's a decent bonus.

I'll post the link in a few seconds

http://www.amazon.com/Dawn-Mana-Bun...69?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1178916289&sr=8-1

NOTE: Some say it's available else where with preorders. Can any one confirm for sure? I was at EB and GS today and they knew nothing when I asked.

[quote name='phantomer']more like soundtrack sampler[/quote]

Don't tell me it's not even the complete soundtrack? God, you'd think we'd get some compensation for fucking up the series since Children.

Per IGN:
Mana fans who pre-order the game through Amazon.com, Game Crazy, GameStop, or EB Games will be given Breath of Mana, a sampler disc of music from the game's soundtrack, as a free gift.

Based on the poor reviews, this title should drop in price very quickly.

On one hand, getting a few pieces by Ryuichi Sakamoto for free is enticing.

On the other, I'll end up with a game I don't want and will probably be clearanced out with a lot of other titles come this holiday season.

Soooo...no go for me! Not bad though if you have to own the game, though.

Hello! It's 2007 right now & no way i pay $50 for any PS2. It'll drop down $30 or less after 6 months & i don't think this game is big hit like KH1/2 here in the US.

I love how Square-Enix think they can charge 50 bucks for PS2 games when the current standard is 40 for new PS2 games. I'm gonna wait til this one drops.

[quote name='Masterkyo']Hello! It's 2007 right now & no way i pay $50 for any PS2. It'll drop down $30 or less after 6 months & i don't think this game is big hit like KH1/2 here in the US.[/quote]

I agree. $50 for a past generation game? I'll pass & may pick this < $30 when it price drops (depending on the reviews).
Similar to Valkyrie Profile 2 - currently $30 at my wally world... just need another motivating $5-10 drop.

[quote name='Supercake']Don't tell me it's not even the complete soundtrack? God, you'd think we'd get some compensation for fucking up the series since Children.[/quote]

I'd say the series has sucked since Legend of Mana on the PS1. Sword of Mana on GBA was good but that's because it was a remake of Seiken Densetsu 1 (Final Fantasy Adventure in the US). Truth is there hasn't been a good Mana game since Seiken Densetsu 3 on the SNES.

[quote name='roymustang']I'd say the series has sucked since Legend of Mana on the PS1. Sword of Mana on GBA was good but that's because it was a remake of Seiken Densetsu 1 (Final Fantasy Adventure in the US). Truth is there hasn't been a good Mana game since Seiken Densetsu 3 on the SNES.[/quote]

This is sad, but very true indeed... come on Square Enix!

Let's face it people Square-Enix realized that people out there will buy anything they put thier name on.. So seeing as they can make money buy putting the emblem on toilet paper they don't have to worry about the fans that made them the giant they are today.. They just toss games out to make the buck they don't go the extra mile anymore to make em all hits...

The new up and comming giant RPG's is NIS America. The drumming out the games that people want and know them for and also which is great is that they will pick up smaller developers with games that can't get picked up by the larger ones.. Finally threw NIS America,and Atlus we will start seeing games that normally would never see the light of a systems lazer eye in the USa unless it was imported...

So the soundtrack is available if you preorder at GS/EB and probably Game Crazy as well. So my question is this, if I preorder it at GS, would they still give me the soundtrack if I decided NOT to buy the game but rather switch the preorder to something worth retail (ie. Persona 3)?

[quote name='freshzen']So the soundtrack is available if you preorder at GS/EB and probably Game Crazy as well. So my question is this, if I preorder it at GS, would they still give me the soundtrack if I decided NOT to buy the game but rather switch the preorder to something worth retail (ie. Persona 3)?[/quote]

I think that depends on how...'foolish' or 'friendly' minded is the EB/GS staff you are working with. But I don't think they'd let you do that. Perhaps if you preordered, picked up the OST (assuming they shipped the bonus before the game is released), come back a week later (hopefully they don't recognize you or confirmed that you picked up your bonus) & then switch your preorder to persona 3. who knows?

[quote name='guynextshore']I think that depends on how...'foolish' or 'friendly' minded is the EB/GS staff you are working with. But I don't think they'd let you do that. Perhaps if you preordered, picked up the OST (assuming they shipped the bonus before the game is released), come back a week later (hopefully they don't recognize you or confirmed that you picked up your bonus) & then switch your preorder to persona 3. who knows?[/QUOTE]

Preorder the game, when the game comes out, get the game + soundtrack.

Now you have two options.

Return the game to a different EB / GS, this one is easy for me because there are so many around. They will never ask about the preorder bonus, and if they did, I tell them "what bonus, I didn't get anything?". They can't refuse the return because there is never a mention on the receipt you got a bonus.

Second option is if you pick the game up in the morning, go back at night, different employees usually. You go in at night, go in tomorrow morning.

If they ask why you don't want it, say the reviews sucked.

This "loophole" has existed for awhile, and frankly the B&M stores don't care what you do once you pick it up because they already got credited for a preorder. I was told they don't like you to cancel BEFORE it comes out, but once they get the credit for that preorder, they don't care.

I won't go through all the trouble for a soundtrack sampler for a game that will suck though... just take all this info in for future reference.

Also, if you order online, the online invoice DOES note both the game AND the bonus and they WILL require both if you return it B&M.

[quote name='Roufuss']Preorder the game, when the game comes out, get the game + soundtrack.

Now you have two options.

Return the game to a different EB / GS, this one is easy for me because there are so many around. They will never ask about the preorder bonus, and if they did, I tell them "what bonus, I didn't get anything?". They can't refuse the return because there is never a mention on the receipt you got a bonus.

Second option is if you pick the game up in the morning, go back at night, different employees usually. You go in at night, go in tomorrow morning.

If they ask why you don't want it, say the reviews sucked.

This "loophole" has existed for awhile, and frankly the B&M stores don't care what you do once you pick it up because they already got credited for a preorder. I was told they don't like you to cancel BEFORE it comes out, but once they get the credit for that preorder, they don't care.

I won't go through all the trouble for a soundtrack sampler for a game that will suck though... just take all this info in for future reference.

Also, if you order online, the online invoice DOES note both the game AND the bonus and they WILL require both if you return it B&M.[/quote]

Ah!
Thanks for the clarifcation Roufuss! With that said - Preorder at a B&M, not online.
Likewise, I don't think the OST for this is worth it...

it's just not worth anything to me. and if i ever want to listen, there are ways to get full soundtrack on the internet

artbook on the other hand..........

[quote name='Derrick1979']Let's face it people Square-Enix realized that people out there will buy anything they put thier name on.. So seeing as they can make money buy putting the emblem on toilet paper they don't have to worry about the fans that made them the giant they are today.. They just toss games out to make the buck they don't go the extra mile anymore to make em all hits...[/quote]

whoa hold on a minute.. where can i find this toilet paper?

[quote name='dyreschlock']whoa hold on a minute.. where can i find this toilet paper?[/quote]

LoL sneak into Sqaure-enix and raid the bathrooms im sure they have it.. Big companies like to put thier names on everything..

bread's done
Back