Amazon Dexter seasons 1-5 DOTD

[quote name='tbassett']top three tv series of all times, the show is just sick. Blu-Ray's picture quality is really good also[/QUOTE]
I've seen the first few seasons I'm thinking about picking up the blus here. $25 a season is hard to beat.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a fantastic show, but its a shame its not on the individual seasons, i just bought season 5 from best buy a few days ago.

I too wish it was for the individual seasons since I already have 1-4 on dvd, which I got for $6 a season and I really only want the bluray of season 5, stupid Amazon not selling them separate.

Bestbuy.com has a MUCH better deal for the DVD's. They have seasons 1-4 for $14.99 each, but when you buy 3 of them you also get a $10 GC for free.

So assuming they actually have these for in-store pickup, you can get the following:

Dexter S1
Dexter S2
Dexter S3
Dexter S4
Breaking Bad S1 (insert another show here, they have plenty to choose from)
Breaking Bad S2
$10 Best Buy GC #1
$10 Best Buy GC #2

Total w/ NY taxes: $97.98 (you'd have to do 2 separate orders of 3 to get 2 GC's)

So with the gift cards factored in that's essentially $78 for all of that. And I know this doesn't have Season 5 but by the time you get to that one it'll probably be much cheaper anyway.

Here's the list of qualifying titles: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...#0##7x&list=y&usc=All+Categories&nrp=15&iht=n

[quote name='xNekroNx']If you have an Amazon Rewards Visa you can take an extra 20% off these with promotional code SEP20OFF[/QUOTE]

Did you get this to work? I tried with mine and got an error. I think Amazon locked the coupon code when I tried it out on Battlestar Galactica to see the price. I never completed the order, but my code stopped working. I'm going to call them again about unlocking it (since they never followed up last night) so I can try this.

Any idea how many they have for sale at this price? I feel like I'm going to miss out while waiting for Amazon to fix this coupon code.

SEP20OFF works for me, it brings the total down to $75.77 for the DVD or $102.97 for the Blu

they should have plenty of these in stock so I wouldn't worry about that

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Did you get this to work? I tried with mine and got an error. I think Amazon locked the coupon code when I tried it out on Battlestar Galactica to see the price. I never completed the order, but my code stopped working. I'm going to call them again about unlocking it (since they never followed up last night) so I can try this.

Any idea how many they have for sale at this price? I feel like I'm going to miss out while waiting for Amazon to fix this coupon code.[/QUOTE]

I had applied the coupon code to a prior order but did not purchase it. When I removed the previous item I had there, I replaced it with the Dexter blu rays to see if the code would work with it. It had automatically added the discount to it at checkout and dropped it down to $102.97. Is it just not allowing you to add the code?

I pretty much did the same thing as lord kefka by previewing a TV season with the code but not purchasing it the other day. Any other deals I previewed after, the code didn't need to be entered again as it was already in their system for my account.

[quote name='xNekroNx']Bought the blu ray pack and Mad Men S4 blu ray since I guess the code is only usable once?[/QUOTE]
Only usable on one order, with three items max.

I picked up Dexter season 5, Breaking Bad season 1, and Dead Like Me complete series yesterday.

I will wait for this series to be completely over before buying a full set. I've seen every episode already, so I don't need to own it just yet. Can't wait for Season 6 tho. EASILY in my top 2 favorite shows of all time next to Battlestar Galactica.

Season 6 looks very promising...but my gosh, season 5 was AWFUL. Maybe I was just spoiled by how friggin' good season 4 was. It was in my top tier of shows along with Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad, but S5 took it down a notch.

I'm waiting on the full series set whenever they're done with the show, which hopefully will be a long time from now. I theorize that the complete set will have each disc in a blood slide.

[quote name='mr_bungle']Season 6 looks very promising...but my gosh, season 5 was AWFUL. Maybe I was just spoiled by how friggin' good season 4 was. It was in my top tier of shows along with Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad, but S5 took it down a notch.[/QUOTE]

Season 5 started slow, but picked up once they introduced the villain. Dexter is at his best when he's stalking a villain, and we'll never get another Trinity, but this guy was fine.

[quote name='Darknuke']I will wait for this series to be completely over before buying a full set. I've seen every episode already, so I don't need to own it just yet. Can't wait for Season 6 tho. EASILY in my top 2 favorite shows of all time next to Battlestar Galactica.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about buying 1-5 on blu for $100 after discount but you're thinking the same as I about waiting for a complete set once the show is over

[quote name='mr_bungle']Season 6 looks very promising...but my gosh, season 5 was AWFUL. Maybe I was just spoiled by how friggin' good season 4 was. It was in my top tier of shows along with Sons of Anarchy and Breaking Bad, but S5 took it down a notch.[/QUOTE]

Thats because John Lithgow aka Trinity made that Season 4 incredible, its going to be damn near impossible to top Season 4 IMO, just an epic season.

Dexter was incredible up until I watched Breaking Bad.

I stopped after Season 4 with the predictable ending and have heard from numerous people that S5 was an absolute disappointment. I still think S2 is the best one in Dexter series.

Personally I think S5 gets a bum rap. That's the price you pay for having a game changing season finale, you have to spend the first bit of the next season cleaning up the mess, or in this case, the majority of the season cleaning up last season's mess. Considering the show runner didn't have his choice of starting point I think he did a fine job in crafting a narrative which gradually pulled the show back to a neutral starting point for season 6.

[quote name='kyrhon']I stopped after Season 4 with the predictable ending and have heard from numerous people that S5 was an absolute disappointment. I still think S2 is the best one in Dexter series.[/QUOTE]

Season 4's ending was predictable? Out of curiosity, what gave it away?

I wouldn't call Season 4's ending predictable exactly, but in retrospect there was a ton of foreshadowing. Thematically it was the only ending that made sense.

Season 1 is still my favorite, but I actually enjoyed Season 5 a lot. Julia Stiles did an awesome job with an iffy character.

Season's 4 ending was definitely NOT predictable. And I hated it btw.

I haven't watched Season 5 to see how it changes things but I just can't picture it being good in my mind with that void. I'm going to start up season 5 soon though so I guess I'll see.

bread's done
Back