Amazon Diablo III $34.99

[quote name='EliteCaboose117']is the game worth it at this price? I hear mixed things[/QUOTE]

I think it's worth it. Although I no longer play it I really enjoyed it and felt it was worth a $60 purchase at the time.

[quote name='EliteCaboose117']is the game worth it at this price? I hear mixed things[/QUOTE]

No, definitely no. It's worth $20 at best and even that's pushing it. The quality of this game is far, far lower than the previous Diablo titles and it does not live up to the franchise name.

Unless you're just obsessed with Blizzard, want to play the RMAH, or need in-game/Battle.net acheeeeesemints then you'd be better off paying $10 or less for Torchlight 2 which has started to go on sale regularly now. Can probably get it during the Steam Summer Sale for $5. The Torchlight series is made by the guys who developed Diablo 2.

[quote name='Mooby']Unless you're just obsessed with Blizzard, want to play the RMAH, or need in-game/Battle.net acheeeeesemints then you'd be better off paying $10 or less for Torchlight 2 which has started to go on sale regularly now. Can probably get it during the Steam Summer Sale for $5. The Torchlight series is made by the guys who developed Diablo 2.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I bought Torchlight after the fact, and had I known, I never would've purchased Diablo 3. I definitely agree with this. Mooby where were you with this advice earlier!

My bad. I thought Jay Wilson produced enough negative press for D3 that no one would have even considered buying it!

As someone who enjoyed and played hundreds and hundreds of hours on Diablo 1 and 2, this entry is easily one of my biggest gaming let downs ever. It really feels like they built the game around the Auction House and everything else was secondary or worse.

It's not an awful game but there are better "Diablo clones" out there. I would hold off for a lower price point unless you really can't wait to play it.

Also worth mentioning: Unlike Diablo 3, Torchlight 2 is fully moddable and already features an extensive amount of mods including some 'full conversion' ones.

bread's done
Back