Amazon digital promotional balances

fullmetal

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I received and activated an Amazon mp3 credit today, and when I did, it showed I had $100 credit for each of video on demand, kindle editions, and software downloads, while I now had $103 for mp3. I've never applied any credit besides Amazon gift cards to my account, so I don't know what this is.

Is this normal?

I bought a song, so I know have $102.01 mp3 credit, but I'm afraid to get the balance below 100 and get charged for it. Has anyone else seen this? Do I really have $100 to spend in each of these categories?

I'll post a picture during lunch.

No, it's a total of $100 that you can spend across the categories, not $100 in each. Learned that the hard way.

I had that happen to me too and was really confused, especially since it was a smaller amount. It's not $100 in each category; it's wherever you spend it first. So, you have $2.99 in credit that can be used only for MP3s, but you have $100 that can be used in any category (probably from an Amazon gift card). If you use $50 on Kindle, for example, it'll subtract $50 from everywhere.

I wish they would instead show the balance of each category, then show a universal balance.

[quote name='Scorch']No, it's a total of $100 that you can spend across the categories, not $100 in each. Learned that the hard way.[/QUOTE]

That bites. Fortunately when it happened to me, the category where I wanted to spend it was the one I chose first.

Oh, wow, thanks for the clarification everyone. It showed specifically that I had a $0 balance in amazon gift cards, which I do. So, I take it that I cannot use the $100 balance for amazon orders, just digital purchases?

And, maybe they 'generously' gave me the credit after never shipping my son's Christmas present that we ordered in mid-November and continuously telling me there was a delay in shipping, until we finally canceled the order in mid-February.

bread's done
Back