Amazon Divinity 2 remastered, +all DLC+Soundtrack+artbook $38.99

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm guess that answers that i better pre order then.

does it matter if i do it through amazon or through atlus's site? Do you get anything extra for going through Atlus?[/QUOTE]

If you try to go through Atlus it just takes you to a page that gives you links to Gamestop and Amazon. It says, pick your favorite retailer below, then takes you directly to the retailer's with Divinity 2 pulled up.

[quote name='JKSonic']I'll have to try this demo out and see... I like the IDEA of games like this, but many times their execution is so flawed they're nearly unplayable (like Risen, Arcania, etc). Even playing some of these games on the PC does little to fix the issues.

I just got Two Worlds II as well though and I'm having fun with that, so not sure if I have enough time for this. Two things...

From the pictures you can't tell, does it come in a special box? Doesn't look like it...

Does anybody know why the demo was taken down and then put back up? It was up for maybe a day, taken down for about two weeks, and then put back on LIVE.[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to confirm that it doesn't come in a special box, it's the normal Xbox case with the CD in a cardboard sleeve inside and the artbook plastic wrapped outside with the game. Installed it last night and played it a few minutes before bed and I am already far more intrigued by the game than I was with Two Worlds 2 after a couple hours; graphics and character and voices and basically everything just seems better. Of course that isn't saying much given the extremely limited time, but first impressions are important :)

I played some of the demo - by the way it's pretty substantial - and it just feels like a poor man's Dragon Age, at least on console. Perhaps that comes from the demo basically being the beginning of the game, which always seems like a weird idea to me for demos.

I played the demo and enjoyed it, but I've heard a lot of people say that they like Risen more. Has anyone here played both?

I'd love to hear what people think is the better game (I'd be playing on the 360 version)

[quote name='cmahoney']I played the demo and enjoyed it, but I've heard a lot of people say that they like Risen more. Has anyone here played both?

I'd love to hear what people think is the better game (I'd be playing on the 360 version)[/QUOTE]

Risen is clumsy, ugly and buggy. The original of this game was better and this one is enhanced so I imagine even better still. Two Worlds 2 is about the only RPG in this style that outdoes this one.

By the way, these games are nothing like Dragon Age. These are open world games with the stories taking the backseat most of the time. They also don't control the same or feature as much character driven gameplay.

Decided to order one after all the comments. Missed the pre-order window, but they still had the artbook offer listed on the item page when I ordered one earlier today (and now, it looks like.) Hopefully I get one with no issues, but took a screencap just in case.

Just browsing through the comments so I might have missed it, but what exactly has been changed from the original Ego Draconis? I know the DLC is included and all that but what exactly was "remastered" in this one?

[quote name='graf1k']Just browsing through the comments so I might have missed it, but what exactly has been changed from the original Ego Draconis? I know the DLC is included and all that but what exactly was "remastered" in this one?[/QUOTE]

From what I have read, they have fixed a lot of the bugs that were in the original release. I haven't noticed any difference in graphics, it does seem to run smoother though.

a) Flying fortress levels are completely different
b) Most anti-dragon zones (the red auras) have been removed
c) In a lot of places enemy placement has been modified, especially in the latter parts of the game (e.g. Oroboras fjords)
d) Loot balancing has been radically changed
e) Difficulty spikes have been addressed
f) Major graphical overhaul with increased performance
g) A variety of mechanic changes should make combat feel better (e.g. no homing missiles, level difference not that important anymore when dealing with enemies)
h) A whole bunch of usability changes (which are also present in FOV)

[quote name='Mad dog']
g) A variety of mechanic changes should make combat feel better (e.g. no homing missiles, level difference not that important anymore when dealing with enemies)[/QUOTE]

No Homing Missiles !!!!

That was the majority of my offense when I played through Ego Draconis :D

[quote name='benjamouth']No Homing Missiles !!!!

That was the majority of my offense when I played through Ego Draconis :D[/QUOTE]

It means for the low level goblin mages. So you can actually dodge their attacks. You can still have them.

bread's done
Back