Amazon - Do they ship GBA games in boxes or media mail?

blaked569

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Hey guys, I was planning on ordering from Amazon and I was wondering if they shipped the games in boxes or like flimsy envelopes that could cause the game to become crushed in the mail. Anybody have experience with amazon? thanks a lot,

Alex

Pretty much everything I've ordered from Amazon is in some kind of box. The wrap boxes that they sometimes use aren't spectacular, and I'm not sure how they'll handle GBA boxes, but they're better than padded envelopes.

I've gotten them both in padded envelops and boxes. I've noticed that when I order only 1 game, it comes in an envelop but when I order 2, they come in a box.

Everything I've ordered from Amazon came in a box until my latest order when SSX Blur dropped in price, which came in an envelope.

i purchased 2 ds games and a gba game from amazon. they shipped in a padded envelope and the gba game had a small crease from bending during shipping. nothing major but it was noticeable.

It's a crap shoot in my experience. Boxes sometimes, envelopes others. Just depends on what warehouse it ships from and what shipping service they use that time I guess.

Amazon has always used boxes for my orders. Usually, the GBA game is secured with shrinkwrap to a piece of cardboard at the bottom of the box, but in my most recent order, it was loose in the box (it still arrived in perfect condition).

If it comes crushed, Amazon will replace it. No questions asked. You just have to send back the crushed one.

[quote name='Wet Ninja']Amazon has always used boxes for my orders. Usually, the GBA game is secured with shrinkwrap to a piece of cardboard at the bottom of the box, but in my most recent order, it was loose in the box (it still arrived in perfect condition).[/quote]

Ditto.

As someone who has spent some time in their warehouse before.

Basically the computer gives a recommendation for the type of packaging for an item. If you order 1-2 books small books (normal hardcovers say) it tells you to put them in a wrap around cardboard wrapper (Z1s). Same with dvds or other things using dvd style containers (Up to four I believe is the trigger to get a small cardboard box rather than the cardboard wrapper.)

Video games like GBA games are supposed to go out in the small boxes. (A1s).

However this is totally up to the discretion of the person actually packaging the item as it comes off the order cart. To be safe I would just order two video games at the same time, that will get you bumped up to the actual box with the air packaging.

That said they are great at taking returns with little question asked.

R in seattle

[quote name='roberte']To be safe I would just order two video games at the same time, that will get you bumped up to the actual box with the air packaging.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the post but ordering two doesn't always work. Sometimes games ship from two different locations. It could be just me as Prime member though.

Everything Ive ever ordered from Amazon, which is probably well over 100 orders, came in a box. Ive ordered quite a few GBA games from them and they all arrived mint.

bread's done
Back