Amazon: Doom 3 BFG $20 360/PS3

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Since best buy matches amazon.com now can I get the game for free lol.[/QUOTE]
Cannot pm and use coupon.

[quote name='TaylorM06']I'm really hoping this goes on sale for $30 so I can get it for $10 at BBY[/QUOTE]

I doubt it will. Best Buy wouldn't dare drop their prices knowing they already have a coupon floating around, but you have until April 6th to find out. I already bought it for the 19.99 that the coupon drops it down to.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']I doubt it will. Best Buy wouldn't dare drop their prices knowing they already have a coupon floating around, but you have until April 6th to find out. I already bought it for the 19.99 that the coupon drops it down to.[/QUOTE]

A price drop with a gamer magazine coupon is typically what happens. Every once in awhile it drops games down to $10, which is what we are all hoping for.

Thanks OP. I already have the xbox version of the doom 3 collectors, and doom 3 ROE, but I want the updated grafiks so I'm gonna sell.

edit: cant do the contest here.

Last edited by a moderator:
hopefully bestbuy will makenthe mistake they didnwith deadliest warrior and drop the price so the coupon can make it free. ive gotten tera and rage pc copies for fre using the @game coupons too so lets prey

I have been wanting to get this since launch but im gonna hold off and see if BestBuy throws it on sale so I can use my coupon and hopefully get it for $10.

[quote name='sixspeednissan']A price drop with a gamer magazine coupon is typically what happens. Every once in awhile it drops games down to $10, which is what we are all hoping for.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I understand. I didn't think about that until after I had played through the first 4 missions of it. #-o

You guys got just under 3 weeks. They might put it on sale, they might not.

The thing is, I don't think they'll stack a SALE price with a GC coupon. If it's a general price drop from $39.99 to $29.99, that's one thing, but a sale price is, technically, an "offer". The associate that wouldn't PM my copy and add the GC coupon said that you can't combine offers with GC coupons. The coupon only takes X amount off of the retail price, not a sale price. He said that Price Matching is an offer, which is probably true. Then again, probably not.

Best Buy may wait until after the coupon expires before dropping the price (they did this recently with at least one other game that had a coupon)

[quote name='bruceg']Best Buy may wait until after the coupon expires before dropping the price (they did this recently with at least one other game that had a coupon)[/QUOTE]

They did it with the $20 Prototype 2 coupon last month, MSRP was $39.99 and dropped to $29.99. They realized this made the game $10 so they bumped the price back up to $39.99 until the day after the coupon expired. It was only available at $10 for a day, I missed out on it...

[quote name='GALATIANSv220']They did it with the $20 Prototype 2 coupon last month, MSRP was $39.99 and dropped to $29.99. They realized this made the game $10 so they bumped the price back up to $39.99 until the day after the coupon expired. It was only available at $10 for a day, I missed out on it...[/QUOTE]

I think it actually would have made the game $5 - so maybe it was a $25 coupon?. I don't think I would have even wanted it if it was $10 LOL - but I was keeping an eye out hoping the price would be reflect the new MSRP in time for the coupon. Unfortunately it never happened.

I'm not sure if the game ever actually scanned at $29.99 - I know a few people reported getting price adjustments or something based on a sticker that said $29.99. But it was pretty dick move of them to hold out on the MSRP until after the coupon expired. I notice that it now shows at the correct MSRP of $29.99. :roll:

I don't know why they let $5 or $10 games go through in the past - but all of a sudden with Prototype 2 they held the line. The whole thrill of these coupons (for me at least) is getting "junk" games for $5 or $10 - or getting some "good" games for $20. A "junk" game for $15 is not going to move any copies IMO.

[quote name='FlyingAce39']Yeah, I understand. I didn't think about that until after I had played through the first 4 missions of it. #-o

You guys got just under 3 weeks. They might put it on sale, they might not.

The thing is, I don't think they'll stack a SALE price with a GC coupon. If it's a general price drop from $39.99 to $29.99, that's one thing, but a sale price is, technically, an "offer". The associate that wouldn't PM my copy and add the GC coupon said that you can't combine offers with GC coupons. The coupon only takes X amount off of the retail price, not a sale price. He said that Price Matching is an offer, which is probably true. Then again, probably not.[/QUOTE]

I think if the manager does price match, it wouldnt accept the gamer coupon.

bread's done
Back