Amazon DotD 10/15: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC/Mac download $11.99

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Why does it seem like the Deal of the Week then becomes a Deal of the Day?[/QUOTE]

This is a great question and I am glad you asked. You will notice that almost every week since we started the download deal of the week someone hops on and reposts the deal of the day, even if it has been the deal of the week all week.

What this tells us over here is that there is a group of customers who aren't discovering the deal of the week until it becomes the deal of the day.

A big part of this stems from the fact that our downloadable offering is pretty new and not everyone knows it is available. We want to make sure that as many people as possible get to take advantage of the weekly deals we are putting out. We will definitely be mixing this up at one point in the future but posts like this make it pretty clear that some people are finding value in shifting the digital deal of the week to the deal of the day for one day :).

Does this make sense? If not let me know. Thanks again for asking!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']This is a great question and I am glad you asked. You will notice that almost every week since we started the download deal of the week someone hops on and reposts the deal of the day, even if it has been the deal of the week all week.

What this tells us over here is that there is a group of customers who aren't discovering the deal of the week until it becomes the deal of the day.

A big part of this stems from the fact that our downloadable offering is pretty new and not everyone knows it is available. We want to make sure that as many people as possible get to take advantage of the weekly deals we are putting out. We will definitely be mixing this up at one point in the future but posts like this make it pretty clear that some people are finding value in shifting the digital deal of the week to the deal of the day for one day :).

Does this make sense? If not let me know. Thanks again for asking!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great idea, just rough on the guys around here :) Doing it as a deal of the day isn't for the CAGs that already keep track, however those of us that are keeping track may be a bit disappointed because we perceive it as a lost opportunity for a Deal of the Day that we haven't been able to take advantage of. Maybe next time try to throw a little something in on the side with the DotD? Like say Assassin's Creed 2.

[quote name='kayatai']Sounds like a great idea, just rough on the guys around here :) Doing it as a deal of the day isn't for the CAGs that already keep track, however those of us that are keeping track may be a bit disappointed because we perceive it as a lost opportunity for a Deal of the Day that we haven't been able to take advantage of. Maybe next time try to throw a little something in on the side with the DotD? Like say Assassin's Creed 2.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response and feedback, and that's a great idea regarding adding something to the Deal of the Day.

Let me kick it around the office and see what we come up with. Stay tuned!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='kayatai']Sounds like a great idea, just rough on the guys around here :) Doing it as a deal of the day isn't for the CAGs that already keep track, however those of us that are keeping track may be a bit disappointed because we perceive it as a lost opportunity for a Deal of the Day that we haven't been able to take advantage of. Maybe next time try to throw a little something in on the side with the DotD? Like say Assassin's Creed 2.[/QUOTE]

Missed opportunity? Why do you feel like you have to find something to buy everyday?

[quote name='shingletingle']Missed opportunity? Why do you feel like you have to find something to buy everyday?[/QUOTE]

Personally? I don't. But clearly some people do if they are asking why the digital DotW ends up being an Amazon VG DotD. Adding something 'new' to think about buying may keep the audience that's already seen the DotW interesting in checking out the DotD every day.

Hey that is pretty cool. I didn't know that CAG had an Amazon Rep.

:)

CAG who else you got hidden in there? Nancy Pelosi?

Is it redeemable on Steam? Also, anything worth mentioning about the PC version? Like I know AC2 had that unnecessary online-only DRM.

bread's done
Back