Amazon DotD 10/25: Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3/360 $34.99

why does Black Ops still costs so much, I bought this at launch for $40 (had $20 in AMZ credit) personally I don't think this game should cost more than $20 at this point, especially with BF3 coming out today and MW3 out in a couple of weeks

[quote name='LazyTriangle']why does Black Ops still costs so much, I bought this at launch for $40 (had $20 in AMZ credit) personally I don't think this game should cost more than $20 at this point, especially with BF3 coming out today and MW3 out in a couple of weeks[/QUOTE]

It's because it still sells very well. I'm pretty sure it's been in the top 10 NPD ever since it came out. Insane.

I wonder if Black Ops and MW3 will be in the top 10 for November.

[quote name='LazyTriangle']why does Black Ops still costs so much, I bought this at launch for $40 (had $20 in AMZ credit) personally I don't think this game should cost more than $20 at this point, especially with BF3 coming out today and MW3 out in a couple of weeks[/QUOTE]

CoDs always cost this much.

MW2 still retails for 39.99.

The same thing happens to every CoD. Once the next one comes out there are plenty of sales on the previous version. I bet u will be able to get black ops for $20 on a sale in December or January.

[quote name='whoknows']It's because it still sells very well.[/QUOTE]Yep. The latest pressings of the game have "The Best Selling Xbox 360 Game of All Time" line (or something to that effect) on the front cover.

[quote name='Curlis']The same thing happens to every CoD. Once the next one comes out there are plenty of sales on the previous version. I bet u will be able to get black ops for $20 on a sale in December or January.[/QUOTE]

thats what im waiting for.. and just about every COD game follows that pattern, but not all..

The very meh world at war has been about 20 bucks for a while now

[quote name='iNFiNiTE HORiZON']hoping to get this for $15-20 on black friday, since mw3 is coming out soon[/QUOTE]

I can imagine maybe $25, but probably $30 on Black Friday (i'm very cynical about the whole CoD "cash cow" franchise), with sub- $30 prices maybe starting in January.

Of course, I could be totally wrong. I'm just glad I was able to get in on the $15 Prestige Edition clearance price on BestBuy.com!

[quote name='Curlis']The same thing happens to every CoD. Once the next one comes out there are plenty of sales on the previous version. I bet u will be able to get black ops for $20 on a sale in December or January.[/QUOTE]black friday or deal when purchasing MW3

bread's done
Back