Amazon DotD 12/23: New York Times Crosswords (DS) -$9.99

Not a bad deal. I would pick one up but I have already spent too much money at Amazon this month.

Also OP can you change the date in the title? It should be 12/23 instead of 12/22. You confused me there for a second.:D

This isn't a bad title but it's still clearly a budget-line offering. I was interested in it until I read that Nintendo has plans for their own crossword puzzle game on DS.

If I had Prime, I would probably buy this. But I have gotten so much from Amazon this year, I am not buying anything else just to bump this up to free shipping.

This is actually a lot of fun...the menu navigation take a little getting used to, but it's nice for pick-up-and-play use. Great deal at $10, IMO.

I'm typically good up through the Thursday puzzles...Friday, Saturday and Sunday get really challenging.

They had it at this price for black friday. Not a bad game. No frills, but a decent interface for crosswords and includes a lot of them. They can be really challenging, though.

Great price on a great game. Not for everyone but if you enjoy crosswords then this is gold. It has close to three years worth of NYT crosswords so you'll be playing for a long time. It also has single cart link play: co-op or competitive.

My wife and I played this for 3 hours on Friday as we waited for our hotel room to be ready.

I have gotten a ton of use out of this game. It's really good for car trips with multiple people as the screen obviously is legible in the dark. The handwriting recognition is surprisingly good, even in a bumpy bus/car. I forget which letter, but there is one that I consistently have to write as upper case or else it won't be recognized, but otherwise it works great.

I think I paid $20 and it was well worth it. At $10, this is cheaper than many of the crossword collections you could buy in book form.

One complaint is that you can only have one game in progress at a time for challenges (i.e. picking monday through friday) so if you get stuck on a puzzle and want to pick it up later, you have to stop playing it and discard your progress, or cheat your way through the clues you don't know.

Meh, already got it at this price on Black Friday. Come on, Amazon, get some NEW deals already!

bread's done
Back