Amazon Dotd 2/01 : RE4 Wii $9.99

Yeah, it's been consistently in the $10-12 range for quite some time. According to camelcamelcamel it was down to $8.99 earlier this month.

I've seen this game at this price a ton this year.

If it drops much lower than this I will have to re-buy the game even though I own it on the ps2

[quote name='chunlirocks']any know how the Wii controls are compared to the cube/ps2 ?[/QUOTE]

The Wii controls are fine. Aiming is actually a lot easier now. RE4 might be the best game of last gen AND this gen. Seriously, what has come out that is better?

Same price I got it for with CC price mistake maybe 2 years ago or so. . .still not open. Although I had played it on GC some.

[quote name='loveangel']no doubt it,s the best game ever[/QUOTE]

This might not even be an exaggeration...if you don't have this yet, it's time.

Got this over a year ago for about this price on Sale at Fred Meyer for my Bro-in law. He played the crap out of this game, but he already was an ardent RE fan. If you haven't played it yet and you own a Wii, its definitely win-win.

For those who don't know Resident Evil, this isn't one of the rail shooters for the Wii, this is a full-blown Resident Evil adventure you can and probably will play through several times.

Excellent game, I picked it up for $10 on Black Friday a couple years back. Haven't played much of the Wii version since I had already put so much time into the game on Gamecube, but it's an awesome game and the Wii controls seemed to work well. One of these days I'd like to play through it all the way on Wii, if I ever have time.

Amazon had this same deal about 2 years ago when I got it, even though I already have the GC version. Still haven't opened either of them.

As someone who hates tacked on Wii controls in games, the Wii version of RE4 was still the best version of the game. The controls fit perfectly. I highly recommend this version of the game over the others.

I can't believe they're claiming this is some big special deal. It's like a 50-75 cents drop from it's regular price.

Doesn't change that it's a good game, though.

If you look on the side of the product page, hubbagames (free shipping with Amazon Prime) is selling the game for $9.79. Hey, 20 cents is 20 cents!

[quote name='Matt Young']If you look on the side of the product page, hubbagames (free shipping with Amazon Prime) is selling the game for $9.79. Hey, 20 cents is 20 cents![/QUOTE]
Hubbagames also charges tax in a lot more places than Amazon. For instance, Amazon doesn't charge sales tax to FL, but for some reason Hubbagames does (even though they ship everything that isn't Amazon fulfilled from NYC, and I can find no evidence saying they have a FL location). For me that 20 cents savings would equate to 49 cents more being spent.

This game has been this price for a while and lately it's been $7.50 Like-New on Warehouse deals with FSSS, except now it's not but just add it to your cart...it should be in a week

I've played through this game more than any other start to finish. Not the most hours, but the most playthroughs. Great game on any console. I personally really liked the wii controls.

[quote name='chunlirocks']any know how the Wii controls are compared to the cube/ps2 ?[/QUOTE]

The RE4 Wii controls, for the most part, are much better than the GC/PS2 versions. It might take you an hour or so to get the full feel for them though.. the only advantage the GC/PS2 controls have is the non-aiming camera control with the C-stick/2nd analog stick, which I don't bother to use much anyway (the d-pad on the wiimote is used for the camera, which is in a position that's uncomfortable for me to use).

I seriously felt like I was playing a completely different game due to the controls, and had a blast with it. Not only that, but the Wii version has 16:9 support, which is a must for HDTVs imo. This isn't really a new deal though.. it's been around $10 for a while now as everyone else said.

[quote name='mingus']Cheaper through Hubbagames...$9.79[/QUOTE]

Beat ya to it. :p

And to the guy who mentioned tax, I was not aware of that fact since Hubbagames has not charged tax when I have ordered from them via Amazon. I'm in California.

bread's done
Back