Amazon DOTD - Afterglow controllers PS3 15.99/ Wii 19.99/ 360 19.99

If these guys can't even properly position the d-pad and the left analog stick on a PS3 controller, I wouldn't trust them with anything.

[quote name='Nohbdy']If these guys can't even properly position the d-pad and the left analog stick on a PS3 controller, I wouldn't trust them with anything.[/QUOTE]

Oh wow, I didn't even notice that! I only looked at the 360 controllers. :lol:

DONT buy these. I bought a green one for the xbox 360 a while back and within 1 hour the left bumper didn't work. They are completely worthless.

[quote name='Nohbdy']If these guys can't even properly position the d-pad and the left analog stick on a PS3 controller, I wouldn't trust them with anything.[/QUOTE]

What the hell? That's crazy. I never noticed that either.

... But you know, I do prefer the thumbstick being positioned there instead of where it normally is a la the 360 controller. Hm... This, or an adapter?

[quote name='Darknuke']DONT buy these. I bought a green one for the xbox 360 a while back and within 1 hour the left bumper didn't work. They are completely worthless.[/QUOTE]

Hey, that's better than the controller I got from gamedealdaily! :roll:

That was done on purpose because so many people wanted the 360 controller layout. Not only that, but the concave analog stick, and trigger buttons (same as Real Triggers sold separately) are closer to the 360 too. I believe they have a standard one too, but not sold in this DOTD.

Not a bad price really considering it has rumble and also works with PC games.

Yeah its done on purpose. I actually got an unofficial sony controller for this reason. I just prefer the 360 controller over the ps3 pad. So i had 2 look for something that would solve the problem =)

[quote name='cRodz']But guys...
it glows in the dark![/QUOTE]

THIS. :cool:

I'm thinking of getting one just so I have a controller for my wife.

I am somewhat indifferent to positioning of the thumbsticks, since I own both systems and adapt fairly easily.

Having said that, I saw a review a couple weeks ago of a nice black PS3 third party controller that looked almost exactly like a 360 controller (I'll edit this post with a link if I find it) Edit: Found it. It got pretty good reviews too - I think I'll hold out til I see one of those on sale.

Had four of these and returned all of them. They just don't work! If you want a cheap 3rd party PS3 controller I suggest the Nyko Core Controller. I've actually been using it instead of the Dualshock 3 lately because of it's far superior triggers and the better rumble. That and I was getting annoyed that the DS3 would run out of juice half way through a gaming session and I'd have to plug it in anyway.

$16? Tempting. The PS3 version would be nice (use it on the PC or PS3 when needed). The sparse reviews are somewhat holding me back.

[quote name='superdry']$16? Tempting. The PS3 version would be nice (use it on the PC or PS3 when needed). The sparse reviews are somewhat holding me back.[/QUOTE]

I actually did bite on one of the 360 ones. My other wired controller crapped out and now does the "Reconnect your controller" thing every 30 seconds. Here's hoping it turns out ok.

I have an older version (white) I got about 2 years ago when I got my PS3 and didn't wanna spend $55 on a DS3. It was fine for a few months then the left analog stick crapped out. Avoid at all costs.

[quote name='teknikalei']THIS. :cool:

I'm thinking of getting one just so I have a controller for my wife.

I am somewhat indifferent to positioning of the thumbsticks, since I own both systems and adapt fairly easily.

Having said that, I saw a review a couple weeks ago of a nice black PS3 third party controller that looked almost exactly like a 360 controller (I'll edit this post with a link if I find it) Edit: Found it. It got pretty good reviews too - I think I'll hold out til I see one of those on sale.[/QUOTE]

That link is the same link as in the OP...

Ok, so the ps360 controllers suck, I'm curious about the Nunchucks though. Has anyone tried... well wait, does anyone here actually play Wii? :rofl:
I mean how bad can you screw up a nunchuck? I just need something cheap for 2P.

EDIT: Okay yeah. the reviews are pretty bad, but did anyone click through to the actual product page? WTF is with those commercials?! Seriously, Oscar worthy right there...

bread's done
Back