Amazon DOTD: Dante's Inferno PS3 & 360 $38.99

All PS3 versions are the Divine version right?

I may use this game to flip my Amazon promo credit into general credit.

I may be in the minority here but I really enjoyed the game and think this game is worth the purchase at this price definitely.

And yes dallow, all PS3 versions are the Divine Edition.

Yeah, all the PS3 ones are the Divine Edition, however, there is absolutely nothing extra worthwhile in it except the shiny slipcover.

The whole poem is on the disc. Who is going to sit in front of their TV and read it?

[quote name='whoknows']Yeah, all the PS3 ones are the Divine Edition, however, there is absolutely nothing extra worthwhile in it except the shiny slipcover.

The whole poem is on the disc. Who is going to sit in front of their TV and read it?[/QUOTE]

No one should considering the poem is free public domain and could be found anywhere.

Not worth it at half the price. You'll have more fun and save some money by playing GOW Collection again instead.

I like hack and slash games more then most people but I honestly only play through them once, so I find it hard to spend so much on an 8-10 hour experience.

whether it's dante's inferno or GoW III, they will always be rentals for me unless the devs add some longevity to them.

others may disagree with me, of course.

Judging by today's Amazon Goldbox "hints" it looks like the whole day is dedicated to video games.
#1 For the Dark Knight in all of us.
#2 This storied fighting franchise returns for another bout.
#3 You might have played this RPG on your 360.
#4 Help Lego Dr. Jones through your favorite cinematic moments.
#5 Wave around your PS3.
#6 Don't "tapout" on this great MMA deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='panzerfaust']I like hack and slash games more then most people but I honestly only play through them once, so I find it hard to spend so much on an 8-10 hour experience.

whether it's dante's inferno or GoW III, they will always be rentals for me unless the devs add some longevity to them.

others may disagree with me, of course.[/QUOTE]

yeah same here its not really worth buying them if you know you will be done with the game in about 2-3 days depending on how much you play. Though Dante's Inferno is getting DLC that will add user created levels as well as online co-op

[quote name='hambonious']Judging by today's Amazon Goldbox "hints" it looks like the whole day is dedicated to video games!
#1 For the Dark Knight in all of us. (Arkham Asylum)
#2 This storied fighting franchise returns for another bout.(Street Fighter IV? Tekken 6?)
#3 You might have played this RPG on your 360. (Mass Effect? Lost Odyssey?)
#4 Help Lego Dr. Jones through your favorite cinematic moments.(Lego Indiana Jones)
#5 Wave around your PS3.(PS3 Blu Wave Remote?)
#6 Don't "tapout" on this great MMA deal.(UFC 2009 Undisputed?)

Once these are confirmed I'll change them (unless someone starts a thread about it) but I have to work today so some of them might take until after 5...[/QUOTE]

I can't tell if you're joking or not. This isn't E3 or some game show. (refering to number 3) The second has already been confirmed to be Tekken 6, the second is either Star Ocean or Eternal Sonata.
Anyways, nice price on it I guess, but I'll wait for it to drop even more since I don't have much of an interest in the game at all.
Sorry if I sounded like a dick or something from that. I just read the first part of your post again and didn't realize that you didn't see the other thread. The whole day is going to be PS3 games, btw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Target had this for $39.99 1-2 weeks ago I think? I'd pass on this as it will inevitably drop in price, will probably be down to $30 in a month.

Again, I would be a minority in this as well and i enjoy this game. I would easily pick this up if i didn't already have it.

[quote name='dallow']All PS3 versions are the Divine version right?

I may use this game to flip my Amazon promo credit into general credit.[/QUOTE]
I'm considering doing this too with my credit from FFXIII and GoW3.

I wouldn't mind checking out Dante's Inferno but I'm kinda tired of hack and slash after playing Darksiders and GoW3 back-to-back.

From what I understand, the game is a complete slaughter of a great literary work. Having read the original poem, I don't think I'd buy this for $20. =P But for people who are interested, I would wait a couple more months. It'll drop more. Thanks any way, OP.

Warehouse Deals has a like new copy of the XBox 360 version for $34.99 if you act quickly. Save $4 and dont waste time removing the shrink wrap.

Count me as one who enjoyed the demo and really want to buy it. But I would also agree with the others to just wait. Already $40, its going to be $19.99 MSRP sometime this year.

[quote name='MIX_MASTER_ICE']This will be a $19.99 MSRP game by early summer, what with GOW III being out now.[/QUOTE]

no kidding, and if it wasn't a $20 game before GOW3, it certainly is after.

I've been wanting to play this one so I'm in for one. From the looks of things it might be the only title I wind up getting on Amazon's big PS3 deal Monday which is looking like a clunker so far overall. I had wanted to grab this at Target during it's $40 sale but never got around to it.

Ughhhhh....I have been wanting this game. Thinking about going to K-Mart and trying to use the $10 coupon and get it for $29.99. Can't get there till tomorrow, though, and this deal will be over by then. Decisions, decisions????

This deal will be over by then. Factor in time, gas, and tax.

And make sure the K-mart coupon is usable in your region. Big uproar over where it can be used.

I'm mid way through Dante's Inferno. It is a decent game but came out at the wrong time. It just can't compare to GoW3. Had it came out by at least 6 months earlier it might have had a chance to make a name for itself.

If you play the demo you'll think it's fun. Once you buy the game you'll soon realize it doesn't get any better, it's so repetitive and you'll wish it was over quickly...and your prayers will be answered because it will.

[quote name='The Carrot Cake Kid']If you play the demo you'll think it's fun. Once you buy the game you'll soon realize it doesn't get any better, it's so repetitive and you'll wish it was over quickly...and your prayers will be answered because it will.[/QUOTE]

Best... review... ever. No seriously he hit the nail on the head - this is a $15 game. $20 at most.

I'm waiting for much cheaper. I got NGS2 for $30 and Bayonetta for $40.

This? No way I'm going to pay that much. $15~20; agreed with Izod.

bread's done
Back