Amazon DotD: Extras - The Complete Series $15

I am tempted to bite on this. I've heard very good things about this show but I've never caught it myself. I need something new to watch while I'm wasting time between class and work, any opinions?

absolutely brilliant show... i've been waiting for the whole thing at a good price. $5 per "season" is unbelievable, and prime seals the deal.

as for opinions, i love it... but it's even more awkward/uncomfortable than the office (bbc). i've known of people who can't make it though episodes because it makes them too physically uncomfortable. but if you enjoyed the original office and like gervais' brand of humor, i say you can blind buy it at this price with confidence.

[quote name='zenintrude']absolutely brilliant show... i've been waiting for the whole thing at a good price. $5 per "season" is unbelievable, and prime seals the deal.

as for opinions, i love it... but it's even more awkward/uncomfortable than the office (bbc). i've known of people who can't make it though episodes because it makes them too physically uncomfortable. but if you enjoyed the original office and like gervais' brand of humor, i say you can blind buy it at this price with confidence.[/quote]

I've only seen the American version of The Office, which I've got all four seasons of. Is there anything else comparable to this?

I appreciate the help :)

I'd say if you like the American The Office you'd like Extras too. It's a really funny show and it's nice to see the guest-celebrities poking fun at themselves. I'm not sure what else to compare it to aside from The Office--it's just really dry humor, but very funny. Maybe the Christopher Guest movies are a good comparison.

I didn't like the British version of The Office. I really like Extras. At $15, it's a great deal to just give it a shot. Every episode has a celebrity directly making fun of themselves.

[quote name='hayamakun']Do you guys recommend this series?[/QUOTE]
Absolutely. I would think that people that like curb your enthusiasm would like this too. It finds humor in social awkwardness and sometimes crude humor, not to mention it has some hilarious celebrity guest spots.
The Patrick Stewart one is my personal favorite, that one and the Dan Radcliffe one, I think those might be the same episode.

well I bit, with a cheap casio watch as filler. even though I have the first season already. amazing show.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting patiently for MONTHS to get this series at a good deal. I almost bit once when I could have gotten it used in the $25 range from Wherehouse.com. Very happy.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']I love Ricky Gervais' standup, so I had to pick this up. I wish they'd release his standups on DVD in the US.[/quote]
Agreed. I imported the PAL DVDs to watch on my laptop, but they're not an easy item to lend to other people. I also recorded his HBO standup to DVD, though that pretty much just culls material from his previous routines.

I'm checking this out for sure
cool.gif

[quote name='munch']I picked it up. If nothing else I can sell it for the same price.[/quote]

thats what i normally do, lol.

Thanks OP. In for one. Loved the British version of The Office. Ricky Gervais is way better at portraying that character than Steve Carrell. Hoping that Extras will be just as good.

GAH.

You skip a day and you miss the one deal that you've been waiting to bite on for awhile. Figures. :\

bread's done
Back