Amazon DOTD: Homefront: The Revolution $34.99

Because this game has been so poorly received, it is going to be bargain bin priced very soon so I would hold off..

That being said, I actually enjoyed my time with the game.. I only played the first 2 zones before I returned the rental, but I plan to go back and finish it when it does hit that bargain bin price.. hopefully by then they patch the nagging bugs in the game as well.

Was actually looking forward to this.
Luckily I still haven't opened my best buy copy. Technical issues are ridiculous and other than a post about a month ago no word on them actually completing the game

Luckily I still haven't opened my best buy copy. Technical issues are ridiculous and other than a post about a month ago no word on them actually completing the game
There's a patch coming to consoles next week, but even then, the asking price is too high

Game is alright but even if they do patch up the glitches I'll wait until sub $20 pricing to rebuy it to complete the campaign and spend more time hiding in the trash bin/port a potty. 

No but I remember getting a pre-owned copy for like $1 @ Best Buy after using one of the coupons from the @Gamer magazine
Haha that's awesome. I miss the coupons in that magazine. I also remember when Best Buy had Duke Nukem for $2.99 new... and people still weren't buying it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing it, and the number of bugs are no exaggeration. There was a game-breaking bug that they apparently just patched, although I haven't gone back to it yet to find out.

It also experiences a lot of long freezes and lag throughout the game during checkpoints. It's annoying. If you are overly picky about that stuff, you'll probably hate it. It's a shame, because it had potential in some of the ideas. Just executed and polished extremely poorly.

It takes away from Ubisoft games where you take over certain regions of a map by "conquering" little stronghold areas, kinda like Assassin's Creed and Far Cry. Open world(ish) unlike the first Homefront. Sidequests to do and such.

It's basically an extremely poor man's Far Cry taking place in a futuristic dystopian setting.

lol yeah, I highly doubt Redbox has already had a sale on this game..
You could get a free copy from the seller with a 62% feedback rating.

They have a disc only copy listed as "used - very good"

Prior feedback indicates they have a history of incorrectly listing things.

Don't buy it until it's $10. Seriously. They released a broken, unfinished mess. This game taught me to never blind buy games on day one ever again.

I'm waiting for the collectors edition to reach this price.... Even for that it's too much actually. THQ would've not released such a mess, but yet again they released the first one that was not so great but a whole lot better than this, multiplayer was hella fun. THQ R.I.P___Dambuster Studios committed suicide with this.

The technical issues aren't even the big problem. Even if the game ran smoothly, the gameplay itself looks like it's about as boring and generic as an FPS game can get. That being said I guess the first one's story and atmosphere were pretty enjoyable so I'll try it out when it's $10.

AHAHAHAHA, should have stuck with the Homefront CE price glitch if you expect anybody to buy this garbage.

Because this game has been so poorly received, it is going to be bargain bin priced very soon so I would hold off..

That being said, I actually enjoyed my time with the game.. I only played the first 2 zones before I returned the rental, but I plan to go back and finish it when it does hit that bargain bin price.. hopefully by then they patch the nagging bugs in the game as well.
Do you think it deserved the backlash it got? Bugs aside.

I have wanted to pick it up at Redbox but still haven't had the chance to. I just got Overwatch and Battleborn so my time is taken up

I just finished the campaign, it doesn't even let you go back and try to capture zones that you missed in previous areas. All you can do is repeat the same section in the last level over and over again, start a new game, or play Timesplitters 2.

I would wait until this goes under $20 for anyone itching to play it.

Great thing about gaming in 2016 is that if a game sucks at launch there's a very real chance that in 6 months it will be playable

Basically all games are untested in beta unless proven otherwise

bread's done
Back