Amazon DOTD: Kubrick Collection Bluray for $60.99

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']No brainer at this price. I'd be in for 1 but I already bought most of those blurays individually.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's my problem too... I have just enough of them already that this isn't really a deal for me.

Yeah I'd held off buying any and waited for a deal on the set.

Had enough reward points from my Amazon Visa to pay for it in full as well.

I somehow held off buying the movies too so I bought this. I'm still tempted to buy some of Kubrick's digibooks like Strangelove, A Clockwork Orange, and the upcoming Full Metal Jacket one but I won't double-dip.

[quote name='dmaul1114']Yeah I'd held off buying any and waited for a deal on the set.[/QUOTE]

Yup. I had already bought the ones that I have before this set even existed, otherwise that's what I would have done.

Would these come with special features like if I would have bought them individually? Is there any difference at all?

[quote name='BargainGamer']Would these come with special features like if I would have bought them individually? Is there any difference at all?[/QUOTE]

Yeah it comes with all the features found in the individual releases. Don't think there's anything missing there. You can see a run-down of what's included on the amazon page, but blu-ray.com gives a more detailed look at what's included at the bottom of their review:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Stanley-Kubrick-Limited-Edition-Collection-Blu-ray/20820/#Review

For those who already own this, any opinions about the packaging?....I'm not a big fan of any set that makes you slide disks inside something, even durable blu rays

Don't own it, but a lot of people hate the package and some claim to have scratched discs. I think it's a bit blown out proportion to be honest. Blu-rays can take a lot of stress without affecting playback so I wouldn't worry about a tight cardboard sleeve making them unplayable. As long as you're just not tugging them out of there you should be fine.

Such great films and such a great deal... I wish I had $61 so I could get this!

Oh well, I'd probably just watch every disc once and never touch the set ever again...

As much as I want this, and a great price, I'll pass. After Godfather, LotR, and Game of Thrones the past few weeks I'm good. I still need to find time to watch all of those, but they make it kinda easy to pass on this.

Have 2001, A Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket, and Eyes Wide Shut on the DVD Kubrick collection that came out in 2007. The picture on that looks pretty good for DVD, I can't imagine how awesome the Blu-ray must be.

So tempting though.

I was so happy to finally get a good deal on this. I almost bit when it was 90 bucks at barnes and noble. Even better when you have amazon credit built up. :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']amazon still hasn't shipped mine out :bomb:[/QUOTE]

Just got mine today, I ordered it right before midnight that day.

I got mine on Saturday, ordered it when I first posted the thread. Been getting a lot of stuff next day instead of 2 days with Prime shipping lately.

bread's done
Back