Amazon DOTD- Oz The Complete Series $86.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update- I went ahead and bought this, and I'm sure I won't regret doing so for a second. Amazing show, and one of the few series that has ultimate replay value.

eh awful deal IMO, amazon has the individual deals for 9.99-12.99 all the time and they had this same set for under 70 last month

this entire HBO sale has been a HUGE HUGE disappointment, everything that has been on sale goes cheaper all of the time on amazon or bestbuy not to mention how bad the curb deal was *pukes* and the new horrible scratch disc six feet under set for that price *SMH*

amazing show, awesome pick up but i wouldn't pay 90 for the set.. ill wait a few months for it to drop but im wondering why no sopranos S1 on blu-ray, rome on blu-ray etc but it probably wouldn't of mattered since the sales have been terrible

I hear you, though the cheapest I ever recall Amazon offering each individual set was $17.99 (which equates to $107.94). If anything, you might be able to snag this for $79.99 through Best Buy or another site in a couple months. I can live with paying a few bucks extra to take advantage of my 3 Month Free Prime Membership though.

[quote name='styl3s']

this entire HBO sale has been a HUGE HUGE disappointment, everything that has been on sale goes cheaper all of the time on amazon or bestbuy not to mention how bad the curb deal was *pukes* and the new horrible scratch disc six feet under set for that price *SMH*

amazing show, awesome pick up but i wouldn't pay 90 for the set.. ill wait a few months for it to drop but im wondering why no sopranos S1 on blu-ray, rome on blu-ray etc but it probably wouldn't of mattered since the sales have been terrible[/QUOTE]

im totally with you. complete disappointment. Not a single BD deal (i was hoping for nice sopranos BD deals and Generation Kill). and the dvd deals were barely worth it. maybe if they were all 20$ cheaper i wouldve bit on Deadwood, Oz and 6 feet, but at these prices its nothing that cant be had otherwise.

i was personally looking forward to a really good deal on the Wire. (i think $80 wouldve pushed me to buying it). or even Carnivale at 13$ a season.

Damn, I just cant jump for $87. If it was $77 maybe.

Does anyone know if this show is anywhere as good as The Wire or Deadwood? After watching those 2 shows I pretty much have faith in HBO shows to be good, especially if it goes 6 seasons.

I bought the Sopranos set for Christmas but havent watched it yet, a lot of people say its better than The Wire, which I doubt it could be, but I guess I won't know until I watch it.

Oz is good. but not the wire good.
its a soap opera. in prison. hbo style.

thing about sopranos is that it was a pop culture phenomena when it came out. if you like the genre (mobster/crime dramas) then its pretty much the best you can get for modern day mobster/mafia cinema.

the wire flew under everyone's radar and was in danger of being canceled after each season (what kept it safe was its dirt dirt dirt cheap cost of production per episode vs viewership per episode).

so while its difficult to say which is best (they are very different in topic and in style), they are both regarded as fantastic.

I just did a quick eBay check and there's an established 100% seller putting up his complete OZ set on "Buy it Now" for $50 shipped. Why would anyone pay $37 more for shrink wrap? I can understand perhaps a 10% or even 20% premium for new, for peace of mind, or whatever, but I wouldn't pay that much more for a new set.

Loved the show at first but the last few seasons they focused way to much on the Prison Sex aspect of it and it was to much for me.

[quote name='BuckinKaeding']I hate soap operas.[/QUOTE]

maybe not. Deadwood is a soap opera set in the west. (apply the same concept to Oz, in prison). its very, very adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back