Amazon DotD: Six Feet Under - The Complete Series Gift Set $60

Ordered. No questions asked. This has been an expensive Gold Box week for me. First Extras for $14.99, then The Wire for $83. Deadwood for $65 and now Six Feet Under for $59. Thank the Lord the week is over.

It's funny, me and my brother was just talking about this DVD set this evening, But we were saying it was still to expensive. $12 a season I didn't even think twice.

Amazing show, one of the best Finale's ever. Bought it.

Extras, Curb and now Six Feet under...glad I just got paid!

damnit. amazon is shit hot with these deals lately. my wife is going to kill me.
i almost bit on this a few months back at $100 or so. im in now i can take these off my netflix que.

the gf would love this, but the problem is she's sleeping before work. I wanna tell her about it, and if she says do it...then the triggers getting pulled. I was kinda wishing Generation Kill woulda been during hbo week, but what can you do its basically brand new

I blind bought this when amazon had it for $110 a few months ago because everyone said it was such a good show. I finally had time to watch all of the seasons over Christmas break and the show is incredible. My advice is to buy this immediately. This will never be cheaper than $60. You get all 5 seasons, both soundtracks and a little commemorative book in this set.

I had planned to wait for this on Blu, but with no announcement from HBO, I can't pass up this deal. Thanks OP! :applause:

I've never seen this show, but when I got my Amazon email this morning, I bought it with almost no hesitation. I've heard so many great things about it, and $60 for 5 seasons is a great price. Luckily, I resisted temptation for the other shows this week, so it's not too painful, but I will still have a pretty large credit card bill this month :bomb:

I bought this a couple of years ago when Best Buy had it for $100 on Christmas Eve.

Six Feet Under is probably my favorite show of all time, and without a doubt the best HBO show ever IMO. This is a fantastic deal for a great show.

Ah, and I thought the $100 I got this for over a year ago from Best Buy was the best deal I'd be getting. Alas, Amazon does even better. This and the Wire are the greatest shows ever. $60 is a damn steal.

I bought "The Wire- The Complete Series" blind during Black Friday because you guys had great things to say about it and I'm loving it so I'm going to get this blind as well. Thanks for your input and for posting the deal!

SHIT!

I have all the seasons seperatley and really have no reason to buy this...if this was Blu-Ray or HD DVD I would have jumped all over this....

I really like the packaging though....

[quote name='Master Shake']I've never seen the show either and $60 is a good amount of money. I'll just watch some clips to see how it is.[/quote]

One of the best series ever made, period. Get it, you will not regret it...

Incredibly well-written, plenty of dark humor and great acting. The last episode is exactly how every dramatic show should end, and if you've watched the previous four seasons, you will cry.

I really debated spending the $60 on this, but from what everybody is saying (almost universal approval everywhere, apparently) I'll bite. I suppose if I don't end up liking it I can resell it and at least get my money back.

I'm personally glad that HBO gave in to this Amazon sale. I remember that HBO was notorious for selling their dvds at such high prices because of the high production values of their programs as well as their subscription based premiums. This opens the door for viewers who haven't had the chance to check out these brilliant shows to have the opportunity to own some great television.

I bit on the Extras series because $15 is a hard deal to pass up even for a person as broke as I am. I'm a bit more than halfway through The Wire and already I know that this show lives up to the hype. And despite me picking up Six Feet Under over a year ago for $100 at Best Buy, I'm glad that people have the opportunity to grab this masterpiece of a series for much cheaper (in my opinion, the cheapest this will ever get) and am even more glad that there are people blind buying this because it really is that great. Hopefully word will spread about these awesome series and more fans will arise despite their runs being over.

Anyone on the fence:

Buy the shit out of this. My all time favorite show. No other show or movie gets the bittersweetness of life as accurately as SFU. The acting and writing is incredible. And it's worth watching all five season just to get to the finale - it's that great. Buy it!

Easily one of my Top 5 TV series of all time (it's up there with Lost, etc). If you've already purchased the individual releases then, sadly, this set does not come recommended. But for those who haven't watched it yet or still on the fence about getting it, don't let this one pass you by. Absolutely a television masterpiece in-a-box.

I'm tempted, but I was greatly indifferent to the show after watching all of the first season. Somebody convince me that I'd still enjoy the remaining four seasons, please.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']I'm tempted, but I was greatly indifferent to the show after watching all of the first season. Somebody convince me that I'd still enjoy the remaining four seasons, please.[/QUOTE]

I didn't like the first season either. I have the second season and haven't watched it in the 3 years its been sitting on my shelf. Was wondering if it gets ANY better over the next 4 seasons or if it is what it is and I'm just one of the few who didn't like this show.

[quote name='gwill']I didn't like the first season either. I have the second season and haven't watched it in the 3 years its been sitting on my shelf. Was wondering if it gets ANY better over the next 4 seasons or if it is what it is and I'm just one of the few who didn't like this show.[/QUOTE]

I watched all of season 1 and some of season 2...maybe half. I thought the show was OK but it didn't really grab me, and I sold off my set (for a profit I think) after that. From what I saw of season 2 it doesn't really change from season 1, so I'd say if you didn't like what you saw you probably just don't like the show.

Awesome show. Too bad i bought all the seasons earlier last year but i did get them at BB for like 15 bucks each though.

The creator left the show after season 2, so it might have changed then.

I have only seen 30 minutes of the pilot and it didn't grab me. :lol:

However the first two seasons are done by the guy who American Beauty, which is one of my favorite movies. However I don't have $60 to see if I like it. However it will never be this cheap again.

Wow. I'm happy to have seen this, but sad that I missed out on Deadwood and Extras. I just started the Wire and I'm on the last two eps of Season 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back