Amazon DotD: Splatterhouse - PS3/360 - $19.99

Added with the b1g1 50% off makes it a great deal. Btw incase anyone hasn't noticed,they have dirt 3 and hunted for $39.99 each and are part of the b1g1 50% off.

[quote name='Vap']Added with the b1g1 50% off makes it a great deal. Btw incase anyone hasn't noticed,they have dirt 3 and hunted for $39.99 each and are part of the b1g1 50% off.[/QUOTE]

It's not part of the B1G1 as far as I can tell.

Strange. It's on page 3 when I look under the 360 selection. But when I try to put 2 in my cart it doesn't recognize the b1g1 sale...

[quote name='Vap']Strange. It's on page 3 when I look under the 360 selection. But when I try to put 2 in my cart it doesn't recognize the b1g1 sale...[/QUOTE]

I don't see it on any page

Got this earlier in the year when Amazon had it for 17 or 18..can't remember exactly how much, but it was cheaper than 19.99. One of the worst games I've played in a while. Not as bad as Damnation, but it wasn't anything I wanted to try and play all the way through....even to unlock the classic Splatterhouse games.

[quote name='Vap']Strange. It's on page 3 when I look under the 360 selection. But when I try to put 2 in my cart it doesn't recognize the b1g1 sale...[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what you are using for a broswer but I only see TWO pages of PS3 games and TWO pages of Xbox 360 games for the B1G1 50% off promotion...

Do you care to try again?

I picked it up for $17 and some change earlier this year as well. I enjoyed it though. It's nothing that's ground breaking, but it's a nice average game.

[quote name='GBAstar']I'm not sure what you are using for a broswer but I only see TWO pages of PS3 games and TWO pages of Xbox 360 games for the B1G1 50% off promotion...

Do you care to try again?[/QUOTE]

I see the problem. When I go to the link that was posted in the "amazon RPGs DS DotD" thread,it shows 5 pages of games for the b1g1 sale. When I go to the sale from the amazon page,it shows the 2 pages you're talking about..kinda pisses that alot of good games were taking off the list. Btw I'm using safari on my iPod touch.

Edit: it's not a link to the b1g1 50% sale. It's a link to a sale for b2g1...where the hell did that sale come from? God I need to go to bed cause I'm confusing the hell out of myself. :/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vap']I see the problem. When I go to the link that was posted in the "amazon RPGs DS DotD" thread,it shows 5 pages of games for the b1g1 sale. When I go to the sale from the amazon page,it shows the 2 pages you're talking about..kinda pisses that alot of good games were taking off the list. Btw I'm using safari on my iPod touch.

Edit: it's not a link to the b1g1 50% sale. It's a link to a sale for b2g1...where the hell did that sale come from? God I need to go to bed cause I'm confusing the hell out of myself. :/[/QUOTE]

It's okay you're confusing me too! Have a good night/morning!

I bought it over 3 months ago at $17.59.

That said It's worth around that if you want the old Splatterhouse games and a decent beat em up. Warning: You have to play thru the majority of the game to unlock Splatterhouse 1-3.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']
That said It's worth around that if you want the old Splatterhouse games and a decent beat em up. Warning: You have to play thru the majority of the game to unlock Splatterhouse 1-3.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version I got had a code to unlock Splatterhouse 1-3, I've played them all and haven't touched the main game yet.

I got about halfway through this and gave up...it's just so boring. Some of the enemies are shockingly powerful and kill you in a hurry despite your best efforts.

Buy this game, don't listen to the reviews. I've been enjoying this game for a couple of months now and plan on unlocking every trophy in it. I love the soundtrack and the gameplay and really cool graphics and locations.

[quote name='ps2emotions']Buy this game, don't listen to the reviews. I've been enjoying this game for a couple of months now and plan on unlocking every trophy in it. I love the soundtrack and the gameplay and really cool graphics and locations.[/QUOTE]

Completely agree. The reviews were really harsh on it.

Fun, satisfying beat em up. Unpolished, midbosses get spammed toward the end and never feel just right to fight but game is fun. I recommend

easy plat and pretty fun but not much replay.
i just got this again 2 weeks ago with 40% off at gohastings for like 13 total, but then i played it again and looked at jen's pix(lol) and then was done with it. i just couldnt get back into it. so i flipped it at bestbuy for 17. might pick up again if it's like 10 someday.
CTHULU references also rock

The load times and platforming in this game are ATROCIOUS. Otherwise the game is rather, well, mediocre. It's nothing that hasn't been done much better in other games and can be fun if you forgive it's many mistakes it has (the above mentioned and how enemies have animations where you can't attack them).

Bought it from GoHastings 40% off as well and loved it. Any game that lets you rip out the anal insides of a Troll-like creature gets a rubber-gloved thumbs-up in my book. No matter the 30-second load time or the annoying timed level, butt-meat acquiring put a smile on my face every time.

[quote name='bardockkun']The load times and platforming in this game are ATROCIOUS. .[/QUOTE]

Platforming was atrocious early on, after awhile u just get used to.

Gotta agree with load times though. Even installed I think it was 20+ seconds load time.

I think this will go cheaper. Maybe Gamefly will get back to doing their sales, and it will pop up sub $15. (where the hell has the love from Gamefly been?)

[quote name='dstan']Is one version better than the other, or is it pretty much the same on both consoles?[/QUOTE]

It's pretty much the same on both consoles, but the PS3 version doesn't have an install option. The load times are long, so go for the 360 version to curb that.

Also agree that the reviews were amazingly harsh on this game. The game has faults (load times, "cheap" platforming, etc), but it is better then the reviewers would like you to believe.

I went ahead and got the 360 version with Sonic Colors and Rabbids in Time last night to get the B2G1 deal going on. Thanks OP!

bread's done
Back