Amazon DoTD: TMNT Smash Up - All Wii Goldbox Event 10/27/09

Relive your glory days in the arcades with this horror shooter - House of the Dead 4?
This is one house where you don't want to trick or treat - One of the Resident Evil games?

Relive your glory days in the arcades with this horror shooter.- House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return.

Work out for the Cure! - I don't know... Obviously something to do with staying fit... Maybe EA Sports Active, or a Biggest Loser game?

Ninjas can be cute. - Mini Ninjas.

This is one house where you don't want to trick or treat. - Monster House

Join our favorite detective on this chilling mystery. - Nancy Drew- White Wolf Creek?

Bring it on! - Don't know about this one, either... Something about cheerleading?

And, of course, TMNT: Smash Up.

DotD: TMNT: Smash-Up!

6 AM: House of the Dead 2&3?

9 AM: EA Sports Active: Susan B Komen Breast Cancer Awareness Edition

12 PM: Mini Ninjas

2 PM: House of the Dead: Overkill?

4 PM: No idea. Probably that Nancy Drew: White Wolf of Icicle Creek shovelware game.

6 PM: We Cheer?

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']Relive your glory days in the arcades with this horror shooter.- House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return.

Work out for the Cure! - I don't know... Obviously something to do with staying fit... Maybe EA Sports Active, or a Biggest Loser game?

Ninjas can be cute. - Mini Ninjas.

This is one house where you don't want to trick or treat. - Monster House

Join our favorite detective on this chilling mystery. - Nancy Drew- White Wolf Creek?

Bring it on! - Don't know about this one, either... Something about cheerleading?

And, of course, TMNT: Smash Up.[/QUOTE]

I hope it's better than that yawn-fest, but you've probably got it.

Considering HotD4 isn't released for consoles (at least to my knowledge) I'm guessing 2&3R. Overkill would be nice, too, but it didn't see an arcade release, so the quote wouldn't completely make sense.

And I really think the thing about "not wanting to trick or treat at this house" is Monster House, what with Halloween coming up, it fits pretty nicely, though RE would be nice, too. (Especially considering it's included in the $80 for $40 deal going on now! :p)

And I'm not too sure about the Nancy Drew game's name, but I'm about 90% sure that's the name. My sister plays all the games, so I've seen it around, and know it got a Wii release.

I'm still curious as to waht "Work out for the Cure!" and "Bring it on!" might be.

So, updated list:

DotD- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Smash Up

6 A.M.- House of the Dead: 2 and 3 Return

9 A.M.- EA Sports Active: Susan B. Komen Breast Cancer Awareness Edition

12 P.M.- Mini Ninjas

2 P.M.- Monster House/Resident Evil game/House of the Dead: Overkill?

4 P.M.- Nancy Drew: White Wolf of Icicle Creek

6 P.M.- We Cheer?

It'd be unusual to have two HotD games in a single Gold Box, but with that "house" clue it narrows it down somewhat. Anyone's guess is as good as mine. Though, I think Monster House can be ruled out, as when I search for it on Amazon, I don't even get a listing for a Wii game. After a bit of research the game was from 2006, and was a PS2/GC/DS/GBA release.

Would have considered Smash-Up for $20. I'm not even a TMNT fan but it kind of looks like a poor man's Smash Bros, which makes it worth a try.

Smash Up for $30 is still not on my price range... considering Wii games made by third party companies outside Nintendo usually hit the $30 anyways after about the 3rd month.

[quote name='Nyxaz']Guess none of these games are on the buy 80, get 40 list either?

Ah well.[/QUOTE]
Well, they haven't been ruled out. In fact, thanks to fwbweux, we now know that Monster House can be ruled out as the 2 P.M. game., and like he said, two HotD games in one Gold Box is unlikely. Honestly, though, if it did end up in the Gold Box, if you were planning on buying an RE game and a $60-ish one, you'd have to buy something else, as the total wouldn't be over $80 any more.

[quote name='ARios2k5']House of the Dead 2 and 3 return most likely.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same. A shame I just ordered it ($18.99- now $18.49, and probably $14.99 or less today). I guess I could re-order the game if it's $9.99, and send my original order back for a refund. I'll only do so if it's worth the trouble.

the first one is definitely HotD 2&3. look at the amazon description for it.

Don't know what the house one is. Probably RE, and both of the available titles are part of the buy $80 get $40 deal.

[quote name='LeonSKennedy']I was thinking the same. A shame I just ordered it ($18.99- now $18.49, and probably $14.99 or less today). I guess I could re-order the game if it's $9.99, and send my original order back for a refund. I'll only do so if it's worth the trouble.[/QUOTE]

When the package is delivered by USPS/UPS just refuse delivery (or have someone at home do it for you). USPS/UPS will take the package back, you won't be charged for return shipping, and within 1-2 weeks you'll be credited the full amount (assuming you used FREE shipping/FREE Prime on your original order).

[quote name='Teira']Any chance 2pm is Ju-On? The subtitle bills itself as a 'haunted house simulator'[/QUOTE]
I just read the description on GameFAQ's. It seems to fit the bill quite nicely. And if it is, I would be legitimately interested in buying it. Seems like you use the Wiimote like a flashlight, and there are a bunch of scary moments involving the Grudge girl. Also, you can apparently use a second Wiimote to do various other scary things, presumably to frighten a friend or family member playing! XD Really, though, take a look at this picture and tell me you wouldn't jump out of your chair having that pop out in a video game at 3 A.M. :p

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/image/959942.html?gs=16

It's definitely Ju-On. It's not part of the other promotion, just like the other games a part of this gold box. Amazon must've learned their lesson from a couple of weeks ago.

I'd go for both house of the deads if they both showed up on there, otherwise I'll just buy the one along with another 80 for the $40 promo for free shipping.

And I think mini ninjas makes too much sense, I don't think demon blade is going for cute.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']I just read the description on GameFAQ's. It seems to fit the bill quite nicely. And if it is, I would be legitimately interested in buying it. Seems like you use the Wiimote like a flashlight, and there are a bunch of scary moments involving the Grudge girl. Also, you can apparently use a second Wiimote to do various other scary things, presumably to frighten a friend or family member playing! XD Really, though, take a look at this picture and tell me you wouldn't jump out of your chair having that pop out in a video game at 3 A.M. :p

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/wii/image/959942.html?gs=16[/QUOTE]

Don't look at pictures, look at videos. It's a videogame, not a picture book. The videos look horrible and not scary at all.

I threw hotd2&3 in my cart, I'll probably get it. I'll wait to see if they actually have overkill for the other "house" game, but I doubt it.

[quote name='botticus']Search -> House of the Dead 2 & 3: $18.49

Well-played, Amazon. We'll see if they try to sell HotD Overkill for $20.[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah I noticed that, but if they did a similar thing with overkill it would probably still be $15.

Tempting but unless there's a game that I just really want, I'm going to pass. Need to save money for Black Friday.

I'm trying to get in for 1 but the Gold Box Lightening Deal on this HOTD 2 and 3 Return isn't giving me the right amount off. It's only giving me $2 off. I'm afraid to order then have Amazon price adjust in case they won't. I feel like this ECA coupon and two $10 video game credits is screwing this up.

Eh, screw it, with 98% sold I'm not going to bother pissing around with an incorrect Lightening Deal discount.

This is what it was showing me, for the record:

Items: $25.49
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$2.55 [ECA 10% off]
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 [From The Beatles Rock Band]
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 [From RAW vs Smackdown 2010]
Lightning Deal: -$2.94 [Should be $10.51]
Total Before Tax: $0.00
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $0.00

This should have only cost $12.43 after ECA, Lightening Deal, giving me $7.57 left in promotional credit. It seems like Amazon is trying to do something screwy by taking the video games credit off as a discount off the base price rather than as a payment type, then readjusting the magical unknown percentage they use on the lightening deal based not off the base price, but the lowered price after the video games credit. Lame.

[quote name='kodave']I'm trying to get in for 1 but the Gold Box Lightening Deal on this HOTD 2 and 3 Return isn't giving me the right amount off. It's only giving me $2 off. I'm afraid to order then have Amazon price adjust in case they won't. I feel like this ECA coupon and two $10 video game credits is screwing this up.

Eh, screw it, with 98% sold I'm not going to bother pissing around with an incorrect Lightening Deal discount.

This is what it was showing me, for the record:

Items: $25.49
Shipping & Handling: $4.49
Super Saver Discount: -$4.49
Promotion Applied: -$2.55 [ECA 10% off]
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 [From The Beatles Rock Band]
Promotion Applied: -$10.00 [From RAW vs Smackdown 2010]
Lightning Deal: -$2.94 [Should be $10.51]
Total Before Tax: $0.00
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Order Total: $0.00
[/QUOTE]

If you email them they may give you the difference in amazon credit, i've never had a lightning deal give the wrong discount to me before... really weird.

In for HOTD. I've been meaning to get something to use with the perfect shot gun I bought way back when it was on sale.

bread's done
Back