Amazon DotD: Ultimate Combo Pack: Little Big Planet:GotY + DS3 $39.99

If it were another color, I'd bite, but I've got two black DS3s and one blue. I want more variety!

Hmmm....

I already have 3 sealed spare DS3's(2 black ones from similar controller/game packs, silver one from Sears clearance), do I REALLY need another one?

I have been meaning to finally play and finish the original LBP and I do have about $66 in Amazon credit. So between this and the used copy of :ps3: Homefront for $27.99 that they have up on the Warehouse Deals store I could get two games and a controller for $1 and change over my credit I have.

Hmmmmm...

^

Not sure if you're asking for opinions, but that seems like a real waste to me. You have three sealed controllers and at least one opened, so you have at least four controllers, why do you need 5???

I am sure you can find LBP for $20 or less since this is the GotY version.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']^

Not sure if you're asking for opinions, but that seems like a real waste to me. You have three sealed controllers and at least one opened, so you have at least four controllers, why do you need 5???

I am sure you can find LBP for $20 or less since this is the GotY version.[/QUOTE]
True. But I might give away my current controller to a buddy of mine soon. Now that I think about it though, I actually have another DS3 that I have sitting in the other room with the 60gb I bought a while back and never used other than to test it.:whistle2:#

Not sure if you're asking for opinions, but that seems like a real waste to me. You have three sealed controllers and at least one opened, so you have at least four controllers, why do you need 5???[/QUOTE]

You can play with up to 7 people on 7 controllers simultaneously on the PS3 ;)

Anyway, great deal if you're looking for a controller anyway, I think if you have a Bluetooth adaptor for your PC you can even play PC games in "Xbox 360 controller" mode with it.

OK. I just checked and Amazon has used copies of LBP GOTY for $13.99-$14.99 in conditions ranging from acceptable to like new.

I guess I'll go for a copy of that for $15 rather than have another controller sitting around.:booty:

I am sure you can find LBP for $20 or less since this is the GotY version.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has the stand alone GOTY version LBP for $14 at the moment

I could trade in my copy of LBP and get around $9 making this $32 after taxes. I MIGHT have to get this. Free shipping makes this a better deal! I know having that extra content is really worth it. Ugh I can't decide! Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
ill sell you a like new copy for $15 shipped if you want. pm me if interested :D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']OK. I just checked and Amazon has used copies of LBP GOTY for $13.99-$14.99 in conditions ranging from acceptable to like new.

I guess I'll go for a copy of that for $15 rather than have another controller sitting around.:booty:[/QUOTE]

This is a great value at 40 bucks and it makes me a little less angry about missing the lightning deal a while back for the Ratchet & Clank bundle with the blue controller for $35.

Is this pretty much as low as a dualshock 3 deal will go? I would like an extra controller, but I'm in no hurry to get one.

[quote name='pippin']This is a great value at 40 bucks and it makes me a little less angry about missing the lightning deal a while back for the Ratchet & Clank bundle with the blue controller for $35.[/QUOTE]

I'm mad I missed that as well...oh well. I think it'll go lower without a doubt.

Considering that the controllers normally go for $54.99 new just by themselves I'm going to say yes.

FYI: For those of you who may have a Best Buy store that still has ANY of these bundles in stock(God Of War Collection, Ratchet & Clank, LBP GOTY), I believe they clearanced these bundles out at all BB stores. As usual, it may be YMMV, but some folks a while back were finding these bundles for as low as $24.99 in store.

Good deals for those who need both...

Not really sure if this is the greatest of deal for me (since I already have LBP) but I'm losing a little faith in my most dependable DS3 and have been putting off on a replacement for sometime... So its works.

Does anyone know if the GotY stuff is on the disc or is it a code I have to redeem?

[quote name='INMATEofARKHAM']Good deals for those who need both...

Not really sure if this is the greatest of deal for me (since I already have LBP) but I'm losing a little faith in my most dependable DS3 and have been putting off on a replacement for sometime... So its works.

Does anyone know if the GotY stuff is on the disc or is it a code I have to redeem?[/QUOTE]

It's on the disc.

[quote name='theflicker']Does anyone know how the DS3 comes packaged in the box? I'm looking to gift it.[/QUOTE]

I could be mistaken but I don't think it comes sealed or anything like a retail DS3. I think it's just placed in the box, wrapped in a plastic bag or something and separated from the game by a cardboard divider. It's been a while since i got mine so it's possible it was sealed and I just forgot

EDIT: I am mistaken! If it's like this Ratchet one (which it certainly should be) it comes just like the retail one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aCMXveTUdI

[quote name='ssjmichael']I could be mistaken but I don't think it comes sealed or anything like a retail DS3. I think it's just placed in the box, wrapped in a plastic bag or something and separated from the game by a cardboard divider. It's been a while since i got mine so it's possible it was sealed and I just forgot

EDIT: I am mistaken! If it's like this Ratchet one (which it certainly should be) it comes just like the retail one:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I checked for a LBP video to check to make sure and can verify this. I knew unboxing videos existed for a reason, but I never thought of them.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Considering that the controllers normally go for $54.99 new just by themselves I'm going to say yes.

FYI: For those of you who may have a Best Buy store that still has ANY of these bundles in stock(God Of War Collection, Ratchet & Clank, LBP GOTY), I believe they clearanced these bundles out at all BB stores. As usual, it may be YMMV, but some folks a while back were finding these bundles for as low as $24.99 in store.[/QUOTE]

I would check my third location, but it's too far from where I live. Oh well. They're probably gone by now...

bread's done
Back