Amazon DotD: Vote for Blu-Ray [June 8 - June 12, 2009]

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)

As someone who has shopped for high-definition products at Amazon.com, you might be interested in new Blu-ray releases, our Gold Box Deal of the Day vote, as well as big discounts on current Blu-ray sales.

Cast Your Vote

• Superhero Blu-ray Collection (Spider-Man / Spider-Man 2 / Spider-Man 3 / Ghost Rider: Extended Cut / Hellboy: Director's Cut / Underworld / Underworld Evolution) [Blu-ray]
  • Austin Powers Collection: Shagadelic Edition Loaded With Extra Mojo (International Man of Mystery / The Spy Who Shagged Me / Goldmember) [Blu-ray]
  • Ocean's Trilogy (Ocean's Eleven / Ocean's Twelve/ Ocean's Thirteen) [Blu-ray]
  • The Mummy Trilogy (The Mummy / The Mummy Returns / The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor) [Blu-ray]
  • Firefly: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]

Vote Now!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']I wish Blade Runner was part of the contest it's never on sale![/quote]

You can usually get Blade Runner blu off ebay or amazon for like $20 shipped.

Also...love your pic, I will miss Reaper too.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']You can usually get Blade Runner blu off ebay or amazon for like $20 shipped.

Also...love your pic, I will miss Reaper too.[/QUOTE]

Why all the love for BR now? For a long time it was regularly found for $15. For some reason, it's harder to come by at that price now...

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

I went with Firefly, even if I don't plan to upgrade my current DVD set unless it's some really killer deal.

I voted for the Superhero set even though I do own "Hellboy" on Blu already.

Plus and no offense here but I feel that "Firefly" is a bit overrated. Yeah its enjoyable but its not this godly thing that some fanboys make it out to be.

Yeah, Firefly. Not a huge fan, don't intend on buying it if it goes on sale... but theres a vote for you guys.

[quote name='Dr.Zoidberg']You can usually get Blade Runner blu off ebay or amazon for like $20 shipped.

Also...love your pic, I will miss Reaper too.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to check that out thanks! Yes looks like it will not be renewed this time :(

Inetvideo is a reputable site. I've ordered from them numerous times and always got my stuff. It just takes a little while since they ship from Canada.

Firefly is a no-brainer vote for me.

Even if the video quality isn't astounding, it gets my vote for value alone.

here's a review:
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1271/firefly.html

Says the video ain't amazing, but it's not terrible, either. Quote: "Honestly, I have a hard time faulting the production team for saving cash and making the series look as good as they could at a time when HDTV was a pipe dream, but it doesn’t change the fact that the BD edition of ‘Firefly’ is uneven and, at times, painfully underwhelming. Even so, fans shouldn’t let that bit of disheartening news discourage their enthusiasm too much. ‘Firefly’s transfer is as technically polished as I expected it to be (the only way it could be drastically improved is if Fox went back to the drawing board and crafted new special effects sequences from scratch) and, for the most part, looks much better than it did on standard DVD."

Good enough for me. If it's $35 like the Band of Brothers set was a few months back for the DotD, I'm completely in for one.

[quote name='skiizim']Is inetvideo.com even a reliable site? I've seen there feedback on ebay and its not very good!!!![/QUOTE]

Yes they are. I ordered Be Kind Rewind, Fanboys, and Austin Powers Blu's 2 weeks ago and my order arrived complete Monday 6/1 and Fanboys didn't even hit canadian retailers shelves until 6/2

I assume Firefly will win, at least I hope so. The blu-ray hasn't reached a reasonable price yet and I've been waiting to buy it. I wouldn't mind if Austin Powers won either though.

I was hoping for $24.99-$29.99 for me to double dip. Good deal if you don't already own the DVD's.

For this whole voting fuss they made out of this, I thought we would be getting more than a $15 discount. Am I the only one who thinks this is kinda bullsh*t?

I'm getting really sick of their Gold Box deals lately.

see.GIF

Austin Powers Collection: Shagadelic Edition Loaded With Extra Mojo (International Man of Mystery / The Spy Who Shagged Me / Goldmember) [Blu-ray]

Thats my pick

bread's done
Back