Amazon DoTD - (X-360) Street Fighter IV FightStick - 98.99

I guess it's an okay deals
41Hc2-YUzRL._AA280_.jpg

link http://www.amazon.com/Street-Fighte..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0AWXTQ65JCX1ZNFRM8AF

Fry's has for $99.99.

Also cords suck

Tekken 6 Hori stick is Wireless, $67, and comes with Tekken 6. I'm sure someone will post the differences between the two here

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='reddjoey']Fry's has for $99.99.

Also cords suck[/QUOTE]

Really? I thought people that played seriously enough to buy this would prefer corded.

Amazon has done better with this exact fight stick before (I believe it's gone as low as $79.99 during Dotd's). Unless anyone is itching to get one now, i'd wait.

I've heard bad things about the Hori stick that comes with Tekken 6, I think this is a case of you get what you pay for.

A pretty okay deal. Like someone mentioned.. it has been cheaper before but the TE is worth it in my opinion for

This is a great price for people who are serious about street fighter. How ever if you just want a arcade stick for the hell of it go for the not so good tekken 6 stick, that won't set you back as much.

I own this stick(ps3 version), it is great and I can not go back to a pad after trying it.

It is sturdy and responsive, it just exudes quality to the point where japanese
tournament player have shunned japanese fight sticks in favor of this.

[quote name='brighenne']There is no discernable input lag on current gen wireless controllers(first party anyway)...[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is the point. I don't play competitively at all but if I did, I would not want to risk batteries dying or interference from another device. It is kind of like when I used to know people that seriously played poker, they had 2 internet connections and both were hard wired just in case. A person could lose a lot of money if disconnected in a hand or during a tournament.

[quote name='shoe478']I don't think that is the point. I don't play competitively at all but if I did, I would not want to risk batteries dying or interference from another device. It is kind of like when I used to know people that seriously played poker, they had 2 internet connections and both were hard wired just in case. A person could lose a lot of money if disconnected in a hand or during a tournament.[/QUOTE]

The key word is interference, especially for those with dongles.

Battery is usually not a primary concern. :whistle2:#

I paid $150 each (I have 2) on launch day and have beaten the crap out them almost everyday since then. They are still champs.

Definitely worth $100 especially if you play or plan to play any fighting games like SF4/Tekken 6/BlazBlue/Battle Fantasia/Etc.

Bought this in November, and found that I still suck at Street Fighter. I've used this primarily for the XBLA Track and Field, and love it for that (very satisfying button mashing). Oddly enough, the controller is horrible for Ms. Pac Man and some other arcade games where you'd expect it to excel. Not sure why that is.

Build quality and packaging are excellent, though.

you have to open the controller and change it from 8 way to 4 way for games like Pac Man

the reason the controller is so amazing is because it uses the same parts and spacing as the street fighter 4 arcade machines in Japan (sanwa).

100 for this stick is crazy cheap, considering what you get. I got mine in a trade about a month ago and you really couldnt ask for more. If you play street fighter 4, there's no reason you shouldnt have this already

I got one a couple of weeks ago at 89.99 at a lightting deal. It is an awesome stick, I just wish the artwork was better, like the Marvel VS Capcom stick that Gamestop has :(

Also cords suck

Tekken 6 Hori stick is Wireless, $67, and comes with Tekken 6. I'm sure someone will post the differences between the two here[/QUOTE]

I can not believe you compared this stick to the Tekken stick.

[quote name='addicted2games']I can not believe you compared this stick to the Tekken stick.[/QUOTE]

What I was thinking. That and how confidently he said it.

If you only see yourself buying one stick... This is it.

I got the bug, and now have four fight sticks :( (2:360:SEs, 1:ps3:TE:,1:ps3:SE)...

[quote name='jshawnd']Bought this in November, and found that I still suck at Street Fighter. I've used this primarily for the XBLA Track and Field, and love it for that (very satisfying button mashing). Oddly enough, the controller is horrible for Ms. Pac Man and some other arcade games where you'd expect it to excel. Not sure why that is.

Build quality and packaging are excellent, though.[/QUOTE]

The reason the stick sucks for Ms. Pac Man is due to the gate in it. If you rotate the gate into 4 way mode, it works great with Pac Man and other old arcade games.

It's surprisingly easy to change:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQLXRD-0GBg

[quote name='shoe478']Really? I thought people that played seriously enough to buy this would prefer corded.[/QUOTE]

They do.

The tekken 6 stick certainly does have noticeable input lag and the overall stick quality is far inferior when compared to the TE stick.

The reason the stick sucks for Ms. Pac Man is due to the gate in it. If you rotate the gate into 4 way mode, it works great with Pac Man and other old arcade games.

The Jap square gate is just as good for Pac-man Etc.

You just have to be used to it.

Also cords suck

Tekken 6 Hori stick is Wireless, $67, and comes with Tekken 6. I'm sure someone will post the differences between the two here[/QUOTE]

Here is the main difference: The Hori stick that comes with Tekken 6 is a giant piece of shit.

Also cords suck

No serious fighting game player has a wireless stick and they're illegal to use in all tournaments.

The Tekken 6 stick is ok for casual use, but don't take it somewhere serious like EVO or any of the major tournaments on the coasts or you'll be laughed out of the building. All reviews of it say it pales in comparision to the MadCatz TE, or even Hori's own HRAP 3.

Also cords suck

As an owner of the Tekken 6 Hori Wireless stick, I can't believe you just compared the two. It's like freaking night and day.

[quote name='reddjoey']Fry's has for $99.99.[/QUOTE]

Not everybody has a Fry's.

[quote name='reddjoey']Also cords suck

Differences? Sure, the T6 wireless is a fucking piece of shit. I'm glad others pointed this out before I did.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No serious fighting game player has a wireless stick and they're illegal to use in all tournaments.

The Tekken 6 stick is ok for casual use, but don't take it somewhere serious like EVO or any of the major tournaments on the coasts or you'll be laughed out of the building. All reviews of it say it pales in comparision to the MadCatz TE, or even Hori's own HRAP 3.[/QUOTE]

This is true I use it when im just playing people online or playing friends but for tournament time its the EX Pro our TE.

[quote name='MSUHitman']No serious fighting game player has a wireless stick and they're illegal to use in all tournaments.

The Tekken 6 stick is ok for casual use, but don't take it somewhere serious like EVO or any of the major tournaments on the coasts or you'll be laughed out of the building. All reviews of it say it pales in comparision to the MadCatz TE, or even Hori's own HRAP 3.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Toodles over on Shoryuken forums did some elaborate testing and found out that the wireless controllers for 360 and PS3 (dual shock 3 and standard 50$ wireless controller) only have 1 frame of lag, if even that. Was a pretty awesome study to read on.

Now that said, wireless sticks are still tourney illegal, and the T6 is still a complete piece of crap due to the stock Hori parts built in. (Plus no idea how T6's wireless hardware compares to that in a base controller)

Whether you like corded or not, this stick at this price is an absolute must for anyone wanting to start playing stick. Grade A sanwa parts and a sturdy chasis all for 100$. Add to that they're amazingly easy to mod (both swapping out parts or doing soldering to the PCB) and there's no reason not to get this puppy (so long as you want to play stick in fighting games. I understand there's a few folks out there still wanting to use controllers. :p )

Also cords suck

cords suck = false

awesome joystick, bought it when Amazon had it for $89.99, and chorded for competitive play is better. You soon forget that you have a chord attached when you're playing...same with the graphic on the joystick faceplate.

I just bought one. I suck at Street Fighter, hoping this makes me better. I have one of the fightpads, time to add another piece of plastic to my collection of useless plastic. :applause:

I figured my post would draw some fire. Chalk that up to being ill informed to the shittiness of the T6 Stick.

I guess next time, I'll RTFM.

[quote name='lpburk2']The reason the stick sucks for Ms. Pac Man is due to the gate in it. If you rotate the gate into 4 way mode, it works great with Pac Man and other old arcade games.

It's surprisingly easy to change:
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice, all who mentioned this! Might try it this weekend.

bread's done
Back