Amazon Download - First Deal of The Week - Help Me Decide What We Offer

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi CAGs,

*Edit: I have created a Deal of the Week thread. Please move all conversations on this topic there. Unless you have formed an attachment to this thread, in which case I'm happy to continue talking with you here :).

Click here to check it out.

Thanks for helping to build our first Deal of the Week.

Ok everyone after listening to all of your feedback, I've come back with the following deal of the week selection:

80% off bundles:

Jagged Bundle: $3.99

1. Jagged Alliance 2: $2.99 individually
  2. Jagged Alliance 2: Unfinished Business: $2.99 individually

War Games Bundle: Price: $14.99

1. 688I Hunter Killer: $5.99 individually
  2. Dangerous Waters: $4.50 individually
  3. Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord: $2.99 individually
  4. Ubersoldier 2: $2.99 individually
  5. Razor II: Hidden Skies: $2.99 individually
  6. Death to Spies: $2.39 individually

Disciples II Gold Edition: $1.99 this is a single download that includes:

1. Dark Prophecy
  2. Guardians of the Light
  3. Servants of the Dark
  4. Rise of the Elves
  5. Plus 5 New Bonus Quests
Amazon's Choice Bundle: $27.99

1. Ninja Blade 8.99 individually
  2. Dark Fall: Lights Out - Director's Cut Edition 5.99 individually
  3. Gods: Lands of Infinity: $5.99 individually
  4. Puzzle Kingdoms 5.99 individually
  5. Warrior Kings: Battles 5.99
  6. Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood 2.99 individually
  7. O.R.B. 2.99 individually
  8. Port Royale 2 1.49 individually
  9. D.W.A.R.F.S. 1.49 individually

Additional Individual Games Available a la carte for 70% off:

1. Emergency 3: $2.99
  2. Flatout: Ultimate Carnage: $5.99
  3. Death to Spies (mentioned above but specifically requested so i am listing again: $2.39)
  4. Sacred Gold: $2.99
Hope the new format makes it easier to ingest the information!

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gundamxzero']The revised edition looks a little better, most of those dont really appeal to me =\ I think most people are looking for good bundles/bargains for some of the more popular games out there.

As far as these being digital I have no problem with it, im here to get games I will play, not horde crap so I can turn a profit or get a small amount re-couped from what I paid. Id rather just pay alot less up front :)

Ill stand by for next week's deal and see if it's more my cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

yes, like your post.

It's good to see an amazon rep asking the cag community for ideas. I think it's often easy for cags to say what the appropriate price of a game might be - whether that's saying I paid full price for such-and-such and loved it, or "this game is great but only worth half price." I hope to see more of these threads in the future.

[quote name='Tooki'] The individual publishers' stores just need to ignored so that eventually they'll all die and maybe they'll stop doing this stupid shit.[/QUOTE]

You guys may not understand how bad things were back in the NES days. I do like Steam but having one dominant platform is not a good thing for the gaming industry. Convenient for the gamer but not good for game makers. I'm glad we have steam, gfwl, EA, amazon, etc even though each individual application has its own annoying features. Hopefully they keep improving and minimizing these issues.

[quote name='Japakneez']You guys may not understand how bad things were back in the NES days. I do like Steam but having one dominant platform is not a good thing for the gaming industry. Convenient for the gamer but not good for game makers. I'm glad we have steam, gfwl, EA, amazon, etc even though each individual application has its own annoying features. Hopefully they keep improving and minimizing these issues.[/QUOTE]

My exact thoughts when people bring up the whole "IF IT'S NOT ON STEAM, I REFUSE TO BUY IT" (I'm looking at stubborn people refusing to buy BF3 for PC...)

Competition is good.

[quote name='kyrhon']My exact thoughts when people bring up the whole "IF IT'S NOT ON STEAM, I REFUSE TO BUY IT" (I'm looking at stubborn people refusing to buy BF3 for PC...)

Competition is good.[/QUOTE]

If it's not on steam, I refuse to buy it. Period. And there is a very simple reason for that. Everything is put together well. Everything is kept up-to-date (more or less). Despite being digital, there is very little chance of it ever going anywhere, at least not any time soon. On the other hand, on Origin, if you don't play a game for two years, you no longer own it... Yeah, I think I'll stick with steam. Competition doesn't mean exclusive games. You can put a game out on multiple platforms and it's still competition. They can put it wherever else the hell they choose, but if they don't put it on steam, I'm not buying it. Simple as that. And, really, Origin is such a rip-off clusterfuck, I'm am seriously debating ever buying another EA game period, steam or no, which is really sad, because back in the genesis days, they were my favorite third-party publisher and the NHL series was one of my favorites from 1997-2007. They've just completely gotten full of themselves and lost their way. As an aside, I'm not buying BF3 because I have zero interest in it, so it wouldn't matter if it was on steam or not. I would certainly have eventually bought Dragon Age II and Crysis 2 however, if they hadn't pulled them, but oh well, literally their loss.

[quote name='mietha']If it's not on steam, I refuse to buy it. Period. And there is a very simple reason for that. Everything is put together well. Everything is kept up-to-date (more or less). Despite being digital, there is very little chance of it ever going anywhere, at least not any time soon. On the other hand, on Origin, if you don't play a game for two years, you no longer own it... Yeah, I think I'll stick with steam. Competition doesn't mean exclusive games. You can put a game out on multiple platforms and it's still competition. They can put it wherever else the hell they choose, but if they don't put it on steam, I'm not buying it. Simple as that. And, really, Origin is such a rip-off clusterfuck, I'm am seriously debating ever buying another EA game period, steam or no, which is really sad, because back in the genesis days, they were my favorite third-party publisher and the NHL series was one of my favorites from 1997-2007. They've just completely gotten full of themselves and lost their way. As an aside, I'm not buying BF3 because I have zero interest in it, so it wouldn't matter if it was on steam or not. I would certainly have eventually bought Dragon Age II and Crysis 2 however, if they hadn't pulled them, but oh well, literally their loss.[/QUOTE]

Then buy retail? You can still activate the game via Origin and you will still keep it forever..?

It's better to have the game than not have it at all. Unless you go the 360/PS3 route. And by doing that you'll be getting a sub-HD experience.

Not trying to tell you what to do with your money or w/e but well, whatever floats your boat.

I just got an email saying the Jagged Alliance 2 bundle is "on sale" for $19.98...did someone goof and send this before pricing changes were made?

[quote name='Psybuster']I just got an email saying the Jagged Alliance 2 bundle is "on sale" for $19.98...did someone goof and send this before pricing changes were made?[/QUOTE]

Sorry for the erroneous email, you should have received it sometime tomorrow rather than today. Thanks for asking though. This deal will go live tonight at midnight. My apologies for the errant message in your inbox.

I'll be making a longer post tonight with all the details around this deal.

Stay tuned.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='kyrhon']
Competition is good.[/QUOTE]

Competition is good, if its competitive. Competition, for the sake of competition, is a waste.

[quote name='Psybuster']I just got an email saying the Jagged Alliance 2 bundle is "on sale" for $19.98...did someone goof and send this before pricing changes were made?[/QUOTE]

If you click through to the deal page now, you will see the correct prices for this deal. Thanks again for your patience!

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']If you click through to the deal page now, you will see the correct prices for this deal. Thanks again for your patience!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

Ready to jump in. Any word on confirmed compatibility with a newer OS like Windows 7?

[quote name='Lord_Kefka']Ready to jump in. Any word on confirmed compatibility with a newer OS like Windows 7?[/QUOTE]

I'm glad you're pumped. As for compatibility with newer OS like Windows 7, let me run down some information on that and get back to you tomorrow.

I found this information for running Jagged Alliance 2 on windows 7:

The A#1 thing to do is to NOT install JA2 into the \Program Files folder. As nollan notes use some other one like \games instead. This will avoid many issues with various protection problems.

Let me know if this helps or you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Tony

Hi there, Tony. I appreciate having an Amazon representative on the board, but I am not a PC gamer, to be honest. Are there any plans to have a representative for physical video game media on the board, such as for console software and such?

Wanted to give anyone subscribed to this thread a heads up. We've launched the first Deal of the Week, and I've created a new thread for it here.

This will likely be my last post in this thread, if I left any of your questions unanswered please either respond in the thread linked to above or send me a PM.

Thanks again everyone, this is a really fun community to be a part of.

Cheers,
Tony

According to the reviews for disciples II, The software that downloads from amazon is not the entire gold edition. Is this true? or is it fixed yet?

[quote name='Japakneez']You guys may not understand how bad things were back in the NES days. I do like Steam but having one dominant platform is not a good thing for the gaming industry. Convenient for the gamer but not good for game makers. I'm glad we have steam, gfwl, EA, amazon, etc even though each individual application has its own annoying features. Hopefully they keep improving and minimizing these issues.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually read my post? I'm for competition. I love that Steam has Direct2Drive and Impulse and other competitors and I buy from them on occasion--not to mention that Steam is still competing with physical game sales. What i absolutely hate is that individual publishers all of a sudden feel like they need to have their own stores. I say leave the publishers' stores to die, and support the major digital platforms that already form the basis of digital game market. There's nothing competitive about having your own store and then making it so that you can only buy your game via that store, which is exactly what they are starting to do.

bread's done
Back