Amazon Downloads - New Releases 20% off (DI/WH40K $39.99 each), You Asked We Listened

Amazon DVG Deals

Official Representative
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hi There CAGs,

Edit: I almost forgot to mention, another question that comes up often is "Will games I buy on Amazon activate on Steam?" The answer is "All Steamworks games purchased through Amazon activate on Steam." Also edited post to make it clear that Dead Island and Warhammer 40K fall into this deal.

One of the consistent pieces of feedback I've received over the past week or so is that you all would really like a static place on Amazon to check out what deals we have on the games you enjoy.

We took that feedback and made a couple of changes:

1. We added a "New Releases for 20% off" link and are displaying it on our Game Downloads Page, and Core Game Downloads Page. Customers can now click on this link on any of these pages and be taken to a static page containing all New and Recent releases that are discounted.

2. We created the page referenced above, so now there is a home for new and recent releases on sale.

You can check out the new page here if you didn't click above.

You've all probably already seen the current deals on this page, but make sure to check back regularly as new games are released and you want to find a good deal!

Thanks for providing your feedback everyone, I hope you're as excited as I am to see how all our customers, not just CAGs respond. A link to this page will become part of the "mega thread" that I'll be working on this weekend.

Cheers,
Tony

Last edited by a moderator:
Good news, I usually have a lot of Amazon credit from gift cards, etc and prefer to buy from Amazon when possible. I like your download service too. Its very obvious you have put a lot of work into it in the last year.

This is great. I picked up Space Marine on Amazon and am really happy with the 20% deals. If Rage releases at 20% off you'll have my money again next month.

Tony, you are awesome. It is always great when you get a rep who asks for suggestions and actually takes them to heart! Glad to have you part of our CAG community!

[quote name='jetts']Great Tony. Now lets get the 360 and PS3 versions down to that price...[/QUOTE]

There's always one of you...

Yeah and to think I used to buy from Best Buy just to get the $10 reward zone certificates. $20 promo credits on new 360/PS3 games and now 20% off digital downloads. Amazon rocks!

What does "Steamworks games" really mean? Do they mean all digital downloads from Amazon? Sorry for the newbie question.

[quote name='jalu6'] If Rage releases at 20% off you'll have my money again next month.[/QUOTE]

same here, I'm debating whether to pre-order it right now and get a $10 credit or wait to see if they have it for 20% off

[quote name='foreinter']What does "Steamworks games" really mean? Do they mean all digital downloads from Amazon? Sorry for the newbie question.[/QUOTE]

No.

Steam is the digital platform developed by Valve Software which has an integrated friends list, chat functionality, games library, automatic patching, storefront, etc.

A Steamworks game simply allows the game key to be registered with one's Steam account; if you uninstall the game you can always redownload it from Steam.

Thanks for the answer. How can I tell if a game from Amazon Download qualifies for Steam since I don't know the CD key format before the purchase?

Wow this is an awesome deal. It makes me wish I wouldn't have already preordered Rage and Skyrim on Steam. They are both Steamworks and it would've worked perfectly to buy them on Amazon's digital service. Oh well live and learn I suppose!

[quote name='jalu6']This is great. I picked up Space Marine on Amazon and am really happy with the 20% deals. If Rage releases at 20% off you'll have my money again next month.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='kosmos13x']Tony, you are awesome. It is always great when you get a rep who asks for suggestions and actually takes them to heart! Glad to have you part of our CAG community![/QUOTE]

Thanks guys, I really hope you all enjoy the new features/deals we roll out in the future.

I bought Warhammer 40K today and am about to download it. Anyone playing it yet? Should I be as excited as I am? I am a Warhammer nut!

Cheers,
Tony

Just got Space Marine from Amazon last night. So far it's awesome and it runs great on my pc. Can't wait to wrap up the single player and hop on multiplayer.

[quote name='BigJoshMan']Just got Space Marine from Amazon last night. So far it's awesome and it runs great on my pc. Can't wait to wrap up the single player and hop on multiplayer.[/QUOTE]

I'm anxiously watching my download bar. Loving the new download speeds with the Amazon Cloudfront distribution and Thin Client though!

How far are you into the single player...if you don't mind me hijacking some of this thread for some game feedback that is.

Cheers,
Tony

[quote name='jetts']Great Tony. Now lets get the 360 and PS3 versions down to that price...[/QUOTE]

not to sidetrack this awesome topic but go elsewhere jetts. You are wasting precious oxygen.

[quote name='foreinter']Thanks for the answer. How can I tell if a game from Amazon Download qualifies for Steam since I don't know the CD key format before the purchase?[/QUOTE]

On the game page, there should be a System Requirements section toward the bottom. If it's Steamworks, it should list Steam as being required underneath that (at least, Dead Island does).

[quote name='Amazon DVG Deals']Thanks guys, I really hope you all enjoy the new features/deals we roll out in the future.

I bought Warhammer 40K today and am about to download it. Anyone playing it yet? Should I be as excited as I am? I am a Warhammer nut!

Cheers,
Tony[/QUOTE]

They make you buy the games?? I can't believe you don't get them free. Hopefully you at least used the 20% off coupon.

[quote name='msdmoney']They make you buy the games?? I can't believe you don't get them free. Hopefully you at least used the 20% off coupon.[/QUOTE]

Haha! I DO still buy my own games :), but I did take advantage of the 20% off!

At least you can rest assured I'm gunning for the best deals possible so I can enjoy them too.

Cheers,
Tony

tony are u making any deals for red orchestra 2? got a beta key and im definitely interested in a copy for the right price.

Hey Tony, welcome to the CAG Community!

How long will this promo last? I'm still waiting for a gift card via trade-in. Thanks!

[quote name='TraBuch']There's always one of you...[/QUOTE]

There are millions of 'us'.

I'm glad Amazon is doing things for the PC gaming crowd, but I'm saddened that they've lost their edge on console preorders in many cases. We'll see what this fall brings, I love Amazon, so I still have hope.

Great deals on all of those games that I'd already bought somewhere else ;). Any word on pre-orders for LOTR War in the North or NFS The Run?

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Crap, a discount already on Dead Island? Must...resist...[/QUOTE]
Don't do it. I give this another week or two before the price tanks. Seriously bad launch and underwhelming game design.

I buy all my console games from Amazon and am planning on getting Batman Arkham City for the pc. I was hoping for a Steam 4-pack to go in on, but if Amazon can do this for Batman, they've got my money.

[quote name='vlv723']Hey Tony, welcome to the CAG Community!

How long will this promo last? I'm still waiting for a gift card via trade-in. Thanks![/QUOTE]

We haven't announced a set end date for this price yet. Sorry I don't have more info for you!

When does your gift card come...and just out of curiosity, what did you trade in?

Hey Tony, any chance we'll see more reps from other departments? Many people here are retail only consumers and we could really use a go-to person for questions outside your area.

[quote name='Jodou']Hey Tony, any chance we'll see more reps from other departments? Many people here are retail only consumers and we could really use a go-to person for questions outside your area.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='MysterD']@Tony
Are there any plans for Amazon download service to sell Bastion PC game download?

I see y'all sell The Bastion Soundtrack on your MP3 store.[/QUOTE]

I don't have any information on either of these questions yet, my apologies. If/when I do though I will make sure to provide an immediate update.

Cheers,
Tony

bread's done
Back