Amazon Dragon Age: Awakening $28.91

Too bad the deal doesn't apply to the PS3 version (slightly cheaper but $7 shipping kills it) =/

Still too much. Toys R Us has this on clearance for $33 and with the now expired 25% off, it was about $26. Hopefully they will do a 40% off at some point in the near future as I don't want to pay more than $20.

I absolutely love Dragon Age and want to jump on this, but from what I've heard, it's short enough to not warrant anything above $20 or so, like some others have stated. Ugh, I want it, and I'm afraid it won't be this low again for a little while.

I think I'll wait though.

The game is short when compared to Dragon Age, but apparently still 12-15 hours are still what it takes to get through this one. Most games are not even that long.

Its pretty good. I was able to snag it a few months ago from the EASTORE with a $20 coupon. I just wish Bioware would make an expansion for ME2!

[quote name='nateeasy29']Its pretty good. I was able to snag it a few months ago from the EASTORE with a $20 coupon. I just wish Bioware would make an expansion for ME2![/QUOTE]

I wish Bioware would put ALL the ME2 DLC in a box and sell it at expansion pack pricing, at a later said date.
This goes for DAO, as well.

ME2 and DAO all have more DLC's than I shake a stick at.

$20 is the perfect price to pick it up. Any higher its a bit of a letdown compared to DAO. There are some new twists to the mythology and enough interesting quests and challenges to make it worth picking up at some point when its cheaper.

Yeah thanks OP I picked this up yesterday cause my wife just finished Dragon Age and was wanting the expansion. If you factor in all the DLC and this disc this one expensive as hell game to play thats for sure.

[quote name='CaoPi']title should be edited for 360 ver only very misleading[/QUOTE]

Why are you complaining? Every version is on sale, with the xbox version actually being the most expensive.

Out of curiosity, does this game come with a disc in the box thats playable, a disc you need to install, or is it just a code to d/l the expansion from XBOX live?

This is a good deal compared to what's been available, but quite frankly, the fact that this has been in the $40 range for so long as an expansion pack (even though it is a long one) is unconscionable. I loved the original game, but as many people in the thread have been saying, this seems to be a $20 buy.

The original game, which is a 60+ hour one, has been priced at or below the expansion for quite some time - I really don't understand EA's pricing on this one.

[quote name='bb4lake']Out of curiosity, does this game come with a disc in the box thats playable, a disc you need to install, or is it just a code to d/l the expansion from XBOX live?[/QUOTE]

disc that is playable. You either play the expansion on this disk or download the expansion on Live and use the Origins disk to play. The disc version of course will always be cheaper than the digital version.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah thanks OP I picked this up yesterday cause my wife just finished Dragon Age and was wanting the expansion. If you factor in all the DLC and this disc this one expensive as hell game to play thats for sure.[/QUOTE]

If you price it out per hour...especially if its one that you and your wife both play then it works out. We played the original game about 150hrs each (multiple playthroughs...different characters) and then another 20hrs each on the expansion.

Still the original has a much better price/hour...but this is still worth it if you are a fan.

You have no business getting it if you haven't already completed DAO once...maybe even twice...or three times a lady (preferably Leliana). Just saying... :lol:

[quote name='S_DOG34']This is a good deal compared to what's been available, but quite frankly, the fact that this has been in the $40 range for so long as an expansion pack (even though it is a long one) is unconscionable. I loved the original game, but as many people in the thread have been saying, this seems to be a $20 buy.

The original game, which is a 60+ hour one, has been priced at or below the expansion for quite some time - I really don't understand EA's pricing on this one.[/QUOTE]
If you happen to have RecycleBank code (which is easy to get if you have an old cell phone you want to get rid of, or something similar), then you can get Awakening from the EA Store for $20.

My rule with Awakening is that I refuse to spend more on the expansion than I spent on the base game. I paid ~$18 for Dragon Age: Origins, and I'll be a monkey's uncle if I'm going to pay more than that for an expansion that (1) has less content, and that (2) by all accounts, isn't as good.

bread's done
Back