Amazon - Dragon Age: Origins 360/PS3 56.99 PC 46.99 + $10 Credit + Free Boots

ccohen322

CAGiversary!
Feedback
10 (100%)
Pre-order Bonus
Pre-order Dragon Age: Origins and get The Lion's Paw Boot's which adds to armor, dodge, and evading missiles, and $10 off a future video game purchase. Offer good while supplies last. Must be sold and shipped by Amazon.com to be eligible. Lion's Paw access codes will be sent within 10 days after the game releases. $10 promotional code will be placed directly into your Amazon.com account within 2 business days after the product ships. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limit 1 per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. $10 promotional code offer does not apply to the Collector's Edition.
Enjoy!

360/PS3/PC

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah, lame... The $10 does not apply to the collector's edition, which I had already pre-ordered (needed something to use a 50% off coupon for). Just when I thought Amazon made yet another one of my pre-order deals even better, they get cheap on me ;)

Tempted to cancel and just order the regular version. I'm assuming the 50% off coupon would get applied to my next game order automatically. Throw in ECA and I'd be getting the standard version for about $12 (vs. $29.99 for the collector's edition).

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Ah, lame... The $10 does not apply to the collector's edition, which I had already pre-ordered (needed something to use a 50% off coupon for). Just when I thought Amazon made yet another one of my pre-order deals even better, they get cheap on me ;)

Tempted to cancel and just order the regular version. I'm assuming the 50% off coupon would get applied to my next game order automatically. Throw in ECA and I'd be getting the standard version for about $12 (vs. $29.99 for the collector's edition).[/QUOTE]

I think the 50% off codes expired a few weeks ago, maybe at the end of August. They may still be valid, not sure. I know you already redeemed yours, but if you cancel and the promotion time frame has passed then you won't be able to use it again.

My 50% off coupon worked just a week ago when I switched a preorder to MW2 Prestige Edition, so it will probably work for you to cancel/reorder the regular edition. But I won't guarantee it in case something happened in the last week.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']I think the 50% off codes expired a few weeks ago, maybe at the end of August. They may still be valid, not sure. I know you already redeemed yours, but if you cancel and the promotion time frame has passed then you won't be able to use it again.[/QUOTE]

Hmm... Well, then that would be unfortunate. Looks like I might be stuck with the CE whether I like it or not. The coupon was supposed to expire August 31. I was somehow able to use it September 1st. I wonder if that's why Amazon isn't extending the offer to the CE pre-orders, I bet I'm not the only person who ordered this with a 50% off code. It's not like there was much else to use the code on before the expiration date (it was either this or Arkham Asylum with a plastic craparang, as I had already ordered Modern Warfare 2).

[quote name='WilliamG']My 50% off coupon worked just a week ago when I switched a preorder to MW2 Prestige Edition, so it will probably work for you to cancel/reorder the regular edition. But I won't guarantee it in case something happened in the last week.[/QUOTE]

Did the code apply to your next game order automatically? or did you actually have to re-enter the code that they emailed you originally?

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Hmm... Well, then that would be unfortunate. Looks like I might be stuck with the CE whether I like it or not. The coupon was supposed to expire August 31. I was somehow able to use it September 1st. I wonder if that's why Amazon isn't extending the offer to the CE pre-orders, I bet I'm not the only person who ordered this with a 50% off code. It's not like there was much else to use the code on before the expiration date (it was either this or Arkham Asylum with a plastic craparang, as I had already ordered Modern Warfare 2).

Did the code apply to your next game order automatically? or did you actually have to re-enter the code that they emailed you originally?[/QUOTE]

It automagically applied to my next order. The code just goes live again in your account. This is how it works with ECA codes, too. You cancel a preorder where you used ECA, and the code is automatically applied to your next order. I cancelled a preorder and used the 50% off again on September 18.

The code applied automatically. I did it earlier this week. Kinda tempted to get this now. I was never a fan of the combat in KotOR or Jade Empire, does anybody know what the combat is like in this game?

[quote name='WilliamG']My 50% off coupon worked just a week ago when I switched a preorder to MW2 Prestige Edition, so it will probably work for you to cancel/reorder the regular edition. But I won't guarantee it in case something happened in the last week.[/QUOTE]

I would like to know this as well, as I've spoken to an Amazon rep about cancelling my current preorder of the Tekken 6 bundle (with the 50% code applied to it) and use it for another item, and they said I would lose the 50% off promotion if I cancelled now.

Tempting. Wasn't planning to get this game, but if I can combine it in with another preorder, I may go for it. I'm going to wait and see if anything else goes on sale (i.e. NFS Shift BB PM) before I make a decision on this.

[quote name='lee7sauce']I would like to know this as well, as I've spoken to an Amazon rep about cancelling my current preorder of the Tekken 6 bundle (with the 50% code applied to it) and use it for another item, and they said I would lose the 50% off promotion if I cancelled now.[/QUOTE]

Probably just the company line. Again, can't say for sure TODAY, but I certainly used the 50% 9 days ago with no issues.

From when Amazon debuted their trade-in program early in the summer. If you traded in at least $50 of games, you got a code to get 50% off any game purchase. Most people on here used that for different CE's (Rock Band Beatles, MW2 Prestige, Batman, NBA 2K10, Dragon Age, etc.)

Thanks so much guys, WillaimG and Thongsy, the 50% off promotion stayed on my account even after I cancelled the item that it was applied to. Order the Ear Force x41 headset for $57 (50% off + ECA code stack 20% off), saved me $135!

"Pre-order today and you'll get The Lion's Paw boots which adds to armor, dodge, and evading missiles"

Missiles? What time era does this game take place in? Perhaps they are thinking
of a different kind of missile.

Now, if this was a pre-order bonus for Deus Ex 3, then I wouldn't be puzzled at all.

Okay, I've given myself the bug. Where's my copy of Deus Ex........

Just a quick question. Need an opinion on this.

Do you think i should get the 360 or PS3 version? I've heard some bad stuff about the 360 version and i don't know if it pertains to the Ps3 as well.

[quote name='GlassAgate']"Pre-order today and you'll get The Lion's Paw boots which adds to armor, dodge, and evading missiles"

Now, if this was a pre-order bonus for Deus Ex 3, then I wouldn't be puzzled at all.

Okay, I've given myself the bug. Where's my copy of Deus Ex........[/QUOTE]

mis⋅sile  [mis-uhl or, especially Brit., -ahyl]
–noun
1. an object or weapon for throwing, hurling, or shooting, as a stone, bullet, or arrow.

I think they were thinking of the kind of missile that is a missile.

[quote name='GlassAgate']"Pre-order today and you'll get The Lion's Paw boots which adds to armor, dodge, and evading missiles"

Okay, I've given myself the bug. Where's my copy of Deus Ex........[/QUOTE]

When they say "missiles" they don't mean the kind like ICBM, instead they're referring it to a projectile, such as arrow from a bow or bolt from a crossbow.

i think i should give this offer a try ... thnkx guys ...!!
signature_damoo.jpg
!!

[quote name='G-Nitro']Sucks it isn't for the CE. I'm a sucker for CEs, so I'm stuck with my pre-order. Hopefully they will change it to include it.[/QUOTE]

They made the CE edition of this pretty worthless since they are now offering the DLC from the CE free packed in with the regular editions of the game as well now. That includes the new Stone Prisoner level and the Blood Dragon armor for use in DA and Mass Effect 2. Had already preordered the regular edition with the ECA discount but this 10 GC is awesome on top of that. All these 10 GC i'm getting from these games in Oct and Nov will pay for my copy of Mass Effect 2.

[quote name='ponn01']They made the CE edition of this pretty worthless since they are now offering the DLC from the CE free packed in with the regular editions of the game as well now. That includes the new Stone Prisoner level and the Blood Dragon armor for use in DA and Mass Effect 2. Had already preordered the regular edition with the ECA discount but this 10 GC is awesome on top of that. All these 10 GC i'm getting from these games in Oct and Nov will pay for my copy of Mass Effect 2.[/QUOTE]

Do you have proof of this? Because I've searched a few sites and none of them say that the bonus stuff from the CE is being packed in the with the regular edition.

[quote name='UlysisAM']Do you have proof of this? Because I've searched a few sites and none of them say that the bonus stuff from the CE is being packed in the with the regular edition.[/QUOTE]

Alright, it was all over the news sites last month and a google search of Dragon Age DLC returns a couple of the news articles right away but heres the first on the list for you.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59951

Anyone know if there is a time limit on the 10$ coupon once you get it? I didn't see anything mentioned in the description on the site, but then again I didn't recall a time limit being mentioned on the ODST deal either (which ended up having "Use by Oct 31st" in the email once we got it).

[quote name='bigsick']Just a quick question. Need an opinion on this.

Do you think i should get the 360 or PS3 version? I've heard some bad stuff about the 360 version and i don't know if it pertains to the Ps3 as well.[/QUOTE]

The 360 version is the safer option. As far as I know, the PS3 version has never even been demoed, so it's somewhat of an unknown quantity. The 360 version is also coming out two weeks earlier. BioWare has the most experience with 360 and PC, so it's probably the way to go.

Need one more Pre-Order GC to maximize my last double ECA ...

Have KH 358
Dragon Age
and Uncharted 2 rdy

just waiting for a good gold box or such to submit order

Just to confirm again, I also canceled my preorder for Dragon Age CE just now and the 50% off coupon got applied to the COD:MW2 preorder I put in right after it automatically :)

[quote name='Gycot']Anyone know if there is a time limit on the 10$ coupon once you get it? I didn't see anything mentioned in the description on the site, but then again I didn't recall a time limit being mentioned on the ODST deal either (which ended up having "Use by Oct 31st" in the email once we got it).[/QUOTE]

No clue on a time limit, but it does say 1 per household, so you may not get another one if you got one with ODST.

[quote name='Ryukahn']No clue on a time limit, but it does say 1 per household, so you may not get another one if you got one with ODST.[/QUOTE]

That's per game. One ODST $10 off per household. This won't affect your other game preorders with $10 back.

Really disappointing that its not available for CE. Understandable from a business point of view, but still not a good thing to do to people really excited for a game.

The only DLC that is exclusive to CE seems to be the set of three items you get. For an extra $15 ($25 considering the credit), they really dropped the ball on this CE.

[quote name='ponn01']Alright, it was all over the news sites last month and a google search of Dragon Age DLC returns a couple of the news articles right away but heres the first on the list for you.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59951[/QUOTE]

Awesome! This plus the $10 bonus from Amazon has guaranteed another preorder for November. (Ugh, it's gonna be an expensive month...)

As soon as I get my $10 GC from Kingdom Hearts 385/2 days, this preorder is getting placed!

I have been going back and forth on getting this. I have watched all the trailers that I can find and read countless articles about it. While it does look beautiful, I am worried about how it may play on the PS3. I may pick it up because I have the $15 from ODST in my account and need to use it before it expires.

Oh wow I only wanted the CE for the mass effect armor and DLC, I could care less about the 3 other items guess I'm getting the standard edition for PC now.

[quote name='ponn01']Alright, it was all over the news sites last month and a google search of Dragon Age DLC returns a couple of the news articles right away but heres the first on the list for you.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59951[/QUOTE]

Thanks.

I'm going to stick with my CE pre-order as I just got that for $50 after the ECA and a couple of $5 coupon codes.

I ordered the CE when it was $69.99 + 10% w/ECA, but I don't know it is worth paying $20 extra for the CE (when you factor in the $10 credit).

[quote name='pjb16']I ordered the CE when it was $69.99 + 10% w/ECA, but I don't know it is worth paying $20 extra for the CE (when you factor in the $10 credit).[/QUOTE]

Well do you want any of the CE stuff? I'm actually still on the fence and hoping Amazon will add the $10 credit to the PC CE edition like the rest. I'm also curious if the 3 items that come with the CE are only available via preorder and not ingame.

[quote name='Porksta']Are the boots only available via pre order, or can you get them in game?
1.gif
[/QUOTE]

Would like to know this too...

[quote name='Jerkapotamus']The 360 version is the safer option. As far as I know, the PS3 version has never even been demoed, so it's somewhat of an unknown quantity. The 360 version is also coming out two weeks earlier. BioWare has the most experience with 360 and PC, so it's probably the way to go.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the reply. I forgot bioware was pretty much exclusive to the 360 until you mentioned it, and the 2 weeks thing got me as well.

in for one for 360.

[quote name='Jerkapotamus']The 360 version is the safer option. As far as I know, the PS3 version has never even been demoed, so it's somewhat of an unknown quantity. The 360 version is also coming out two weeks earlier. BioWare has the most experience with 360 and PC, so it's probably the way to go.[/QUOTE]

Not sure what kind of bad stuff you heard...can you elaborate?

360 games can be patched right? If not I would go with the PS3.

bread's done
Back