[Amazon] Dragon's Dogma @ $39.99 (PS3/360), Best Buy PM

[quote name='Star_Scream']Backlog still too deep to justify biting until it's $20 or so.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Though if I was jonesing for this, $40 would be my buy in. Afraid my Warhammer addiction comes first, though :roll:

I understand people have backlogs and what not, I do too. This is a game that moved to spot #1 in mine.

This is a fresh original IP from Capcom with some of the most fun gameplay I've ever had from an action RPG.

40 spacebucks is an absolute steal for this game. There is DLC but it's garbage, avoid it. I don't see a GOTY edition coming out with the extras as they're really not substantial.

This game isn't without it's flaws, slow down if too many enemies and magic cannons on the screen, and lack of fast travel until later in the game.

However, the game is an absolute blast with a fun online pawn system and it's an IP worth supporting and 40 is as cheap as it'll get for a while.

[quote name='aaronrodgers']I understand people have backlogs and what not, I do too. This is a game that moved to spot #1 in mine.

This is a fresh original IP from Capcom with some of the most fun gameplay I've ever had from an action RPG.

40 spacebucks is an absolute steal for this game. There is DLC but it's garbage, avoid it. I don't see a GOTY edition coming out with the extras as they're really not substantial.

This game isn't without it's flaws, slow down if too many enemies and magic cannons on the screen, and lack of fast travel until later in the game.

However, the game is an absolute blast with a fun online pawn system and it's an IP worth supporting and 40 is as cheap as it'll get for a while.[/QUOTE]
i do agree support new IPs ive bought a few new IPs this year that have just sat in the backlog solely to support them. capcoms asuras wrath(though i played the hell out of that game), lollipop chainsaw(no idea how i havent finished such a short game yet lol), last story, xenoblade(trying to finish that now), persona 4 arena and im sure others over the past couple of years. and i do intend on getting remeber me when that comes out.

so i support the principle. but backlog has gotten to psychotic proportions and i am trying to change my habits and attempt this concept of saving money something this site has not helped and why i havent been on it too much in the past month or two. also i really want to knock out some of the rpgs by finishing xenoblade and last story.

i'd love to get in on the game but i just cant justify right now.

Will buy when ts under $20. May even wait for a gamefly deal of unde $15. With a lot of stuff coming this fall and black Friday plus Christmas sales I think we will see this for around $20 soon

When this game first came out I would have bought it at 40. The longer I've had to wait, the more I've heard people talk about the game. Now I don't think it's worth more than $20, especially with my backlog. There are too many things about the game that would annoy me.

There are a lot of loyal fans of this game, but I have to wonder if it's not something akin to stockholm syndrome. You bought the game at a price higher than its actual worth, and now you want to justify that by talking it up. Or maybe you want to sell your copy? :p That is how Lost Planet 2 was for me. I hated it almost immediately but the resell value was super low so I just stuck it out and found reasons to like it. That doesn't mean it was actually a good game, just that I was able to convince myself that it was. If I had the option to replay Lost Planet 2 right now, I don't think I would.

So I guess that's a good test for you Dragons Dogma fans out there- if you can take a 6 month break from that game and still replay it (and WANT to replay it, despite new releases), then yeah it's as good as you're saying. If not, you were probably just making the best of things at the time.

Really want to play this, but I told myself I would pick it up when it hit $30 or less.

I got a couple months of PS+ trials to tide me over (Infamous 2, Walking Dead), and hopefully this goes on sale around Black Friday for $30 or less.

But damn, this is tempting. This has been on my watch list for months.

[quote name='SlaughterX']If RE6 wasn't coming out so soon I might have just bought it...[/QUOTE]
DD is already better than RE6 will be, guaranteed.

Maybe for you, but I'm more into 3rd person action games like the RE series compared to open world loot RPGs. I might buy DD when it's $20 or less. RE6 gets my money on day one though.

[quote name='Lemarfanz']game looks pretty good...40 is still too rich for my blood.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much this. I'll wait for a further price drop...whenever that might happen.

[quote name='bnl11311']I posted this yesterday... how does this have replies? anybody that lazy they actually needed links or what is the deal?[/QUOTE]

Once I ordered onion rings and when I got home I realized they gave me fries.

I didn't make a big deal about it. I ate the fries and moved on.

What I don't get is that the game isn't even ranked on top 100 top sold for PS3? It used to be there before, but now it's nowhere to be seen. Maybe there's an error in the rankings?

I ordered, by the way. My usual price point is somewhere around $30-40. I got a huge backlog, but I've heard good comments about this one, it has very decent reviews and as others have said, it's good to support a new IP (sequel!). And this has been the lowest since it was released (been keeping an eye on it).

Good price for this game. I have some left over Amazon credit that I forgot about so only $5 out of pocket on this one. Cant wait to dig in! Ive had this on my GF Q for months with no luck. fuck gamefly

[quote name='Azuvidexus']What I don't get is that the game isn't even ranked on top 100 top sold for PS3? It used to be there before, but now it's nowhere to be seen. Maybe there's an error in the rankings?

I ordered, by the way. My usual price point is somewhere around $30-40. I got a huge backlog, but I've heard good comments about this one, it has very decent reviews and as others have said, it's good to support a new IP (sequel!). And this has been the lowest since it was released (been keeping an eye on it).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='brewin']Good price for this game. I have some left over Amazon credit that I forgot about so only $5 out of pocket on this one. Cant wait to dig in! Ive had this on my GF Q for months with no luck. fuck gamefly[/QUOTE]

Awesome guys, this is a fresh original IP that deserves the support. I will most certainly be playing this for months to come, it was originally just an early ticket to a RE6 Demo, but now, I don't see myself enjoying RE6 more than this.

Feel free to add me guys if you'd like to use my pawn or game anytime.

What my concern is just how much of a factor does the online component for this game make up? If I wait out to buy it until later, will I miss out a significance portion of the game or is it sort of just there?

While I wouldn't want to bite at this price and wait for a much cheaper price, I have to wonder if there will be any community left by the time the game gets to the price I want it. Can anyone who owns this game tell me what the online does?

[quote name='Scenttii']What my concern is just how much of a factor does the online component for this game make up? If I wait out to buy it until later, will I miss out a significance portion of the game or is it sort of just there?

While I wouldn't want to bite at this price and wait for a much cheaper price, I have to wonder if there will be any community left by the time the game gets to the price I want it. Can anyone who owns this game tell me what the online does?[/QUOTE]
The pawn system is essentially recruiting other player's created characters and that will always exist. What you will miss out on is anyone using your character can rate them and send you gifts once they've outleveled your pawn. This encourages you to pick good abilities, gear, and looks for your pawn so that they will be picked often.

Other than that, there is a raid boss at endgame for you to kill with the help of the community. You will never actually see other players, but your contributions count towards killing him. It can be very challenging if not impossible to help if you don't put effort into getting gear and high level, though. If that's not your thing, then don't even worry about this aspect.

Considering that Capcom has released some DLCs already, any info about them? Sounds like they aren't that big?

Just rented this game yesterday and return it today. There are better fantasy rpg games out there. go play skyrim which is much much better. visual is bland and story seems cheesy. save your money and time, imo.

easily worth the 40$. very fun monster hunter sort of game with more RPG elements tacked on. poor story however. also, if it comes with the re6 demo, you can play it and save yourself the 60$ that it would have cost to buy it, cuz you wont want to buy re6 after playing it!

bread's done
Back