Amazon DVD Superfriends,PlasticMan,Aquaman,Etc all dirt cheap

Thanks OP. I just ordered them all.

I think you're missing this one in the OP. I ordered it also. :D  http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007XFZMS/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A2L77EE7U53NWQ

I was born in 88, so I missed a lot of these. I managed to catch some of the repeats when I was a kid. I've never even heard of the Plastic Man show, but I threw that one in for the heck of it. It worked out well because I needed some of those stupid new Amazon "Add on Items" and these DVDs helped me reach $25.

Thanks again and let me know if you run across any other cheap finds. I remember there was a pretty popular thread for Amazon Warehouse deals Anime DVDs. Maybe they will keep adding more and more cheap super hero classics. I thought I was done buying DVDs, but I can stomach these at around $2 a disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow that's cheap.  I do remember rewatching super friends about 10 years ago when it first released on dvd.  Man it did not age well.

I have heard PlasticMan still holds up today. Not all that dissimilar from that one Plastic Man episode of Batman: The Brave and the Bold where he has to take care of his kid.

Never watched Super Friends and can't say I'm tempted to buy them.  Born in 79 so missed these and have seen a few snippets but there's no nostalgia factor for me, so these come across as being rather ... um, bad.  I'd rather just stick with Superman TAS, Justice League and JLU.  Thanks anyway, OP.

BTW, I was thinking about trying Teen Titans; I heard that show was really good.  The price seems to come at ~$10/season.  Is this show worth it?

Teen Titans is really good! I highly recommend it.

I picked these up because of my knowledge of DC Comics. I must say, they are very bad. But kinda great in that way. I'm on the first episode and Robin whips out a lightsaber and melts down a door with it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Never watched Super Friends and can't say I'm tempted to buy them. Born in 79 so missed these and have seen a few snippets but there's no nostalgia factor for me, so these come across as being rather ... um, bad. I'd rather just stick with Superman TAS, Justice League and JLU. Thanks anyway, OP.

BTW, I was thinking about trying Teen Titans; I heard that show was really good. The price seems to come at ~$10/season. Is this show worth it?
Yeah I'm a bit older than you and I did watch Superfriends growing up, but the few eps I have seen over the years are groan worthy, especially since BTAS and the other Timm DCU shows upped the bar so much, just like the Adam West Batman show, I can't stand watching that anymore either too much camp, and these shows have it in spades.

Sweet Christmas, these are great deals. I was born in 76 so these would be right up my alley...and to watch with my kid, of course. Do they hold up? 

bread's done
Back