Amazon Ends Xbox Live Arcade Game Sales

Not surprising. I can't imagine there was enough demand for someone to buy it on Amazon, verses buying it online. I know for myself, the only time I buy a piece of downloadable content from Amazon is when there is a price mistake or sale.

I've only bought one from Amazon, Flock when it was on sale for $5 cheaper than XBLA, but it's always good to have options! Sad to see this go.

[quote name='Sogeman']Well, they had nice deals once in a while.[/QUOTE]
that was a long while ago.

this is cag. if you paid full retail for a points card, ergo a full retail xbla game, then you're a sucker.

Also Gamestop is now selling XBLA games and DLC codes in-store. My local one got them in last week. Essentially it's most of the top selling games (Halo, MW 2, Borderlands, Fallout 3, AC 2) that have DLC available, the most recent XBLA games (all of the Summer of Arcade games and 1 or 2 others right before that,) and the EA/THQ online passes for the sports games if you buy the game used.

FYI it's a different card setup as well. No scratch off code or pull to reveal code. Take the card to the register, pay, and the 5x5 code prints on your receipt.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Not surprising. I can't imagine there was enough demand for someone to buy it on Amazon, verses buying it online. I know for myself, the only time I buy a piece of downloadable content from Amazon is when there is a price mistake or sale.[/QUOTE]

I think it's more MS wants the stuff sold at MSRP by Gamestop vs. Amazon selling it for less. MS and the publishers get more royalties/revenue that way.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I think it's more MS wants the stuff sold at MSRP by Gamestop vs. Amazon selling it for less. MS and the publishers get more royalties/revenue that way.[/QUOTE]

I don't. If MS wanted more stuff sold at MSRP, they would never put any arcade content on sale, nor would they allow point cards to be discounted in any way at retail. Them having the occasional sale at Amazon (which were few and far between at best) didn't hurt their bottom line.

[quote name='mtxbass1']I don't. If MS wanted more stuff sold at MSRP, they would never put any arcade content on sale, nor would they allow point cards to be discounted in any way at retail. Them having the occasional sale at Amazon (which were few and far between at best) didn't hurt their bottom line.[/QUOTE]

Well there's some reason why Microsoft stopped providing Amazon with the codes. Maybe Gamestop doesn't mind Microsoft's weekly sales (which are restricted to Gold members) but did mind Amazon being able to sell the stuff at a discount? Got to be some reason why Amazon stopped XBL Marketplace direct sales but continues PSN direct sales.

Probably they got tired of all the credit card fraud. Buy a bunch of codes with stolen cc #/hacked accounts. (They started making you enter your CC # each time you bought dlc) Sell codes, make $$. No address/paper trail to follow.

[quote name='shosh']
this is cag. if you paid full retail for a points card, ergo a full retail xbla game, then you're a sucker.[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

i almost got taht castlevina dlc from GS but i remembered i'd have to pay taxes for it and i got 4000 points somewhere packed away in a box from moving hehe

This is unfortunate. I think the nicest thing about it was the fact that you weren't forced into buying points in fixed increments. I was dithering on Ikaruga for $10, but now I'll have to go spend $20 on a point card. I don't get too much off of XBLA, so I'd prefer not to have my money tied up in points.

[quote name='yayece']This is unfortunate. I think the nicest thing about it was the fact that you weren't forced into buying points in fixed increments. I was dithering on Ikaruga for $10, but now I'll have to go spend $20 on a point card. I don't get too much off of XBLA, so I'd prefer not to have my money tied up in points.[/QUOTE]

You can just buy 800 points through the Xbox 360 or the Xbox.com website.

I'll miss those nice sales on eBay where I got a bunch of codes for cheap (outrun for half off and such) I'm assuming it had to do with stolen CC info and such

[quote name='shosh']that was a long while ago.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. When Amazon first started selling XBLA game codes, they had some fantastic deals. That only lsated a few weeks, and there has rarely been a reason to check back since then.

bread's done
Back