Amazon Evangelion: 2.22 You Can [Not] Advance DVD $9.99

The cheapass in me doesn't care about Blu's quality over DVD, but the OCD in me can't stand the idea of having it not match my 1.11 Blu.

[quote name='Shinpachi']The cheapass in me doesn't care about Blu's quality over DVD, but the OCD in me can't stand the idea of having it not match my 1.11 Blu.[/QUOTE]

i have the same dilemma, because anything but blu-ray on this beautiful movie is almost a waste, why can't the blu-ray version also be 67% off?

I have yet to watch any of these....I hear nothing but praise...I may bite...I could care less about Blu...I own a PS3 and still to this day have not watched a blu..

I would probably wait for the blu-ray to go down personally. If it's proper HD and done properly, I think animation gets some of the greatest benefits of blu-ray, and even if it's a couple of bucks more than the standard, I think it's worth it.

[quote name='gojiboy']I would probably wait for the blu-ray to go down personally. If it's proper HD and done properly, I think animation gets some of the greatest benefits of blu-ray, and even if it's a couple of bucks more than the standard, I think it's worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yup, and the film is absolutely gorgeous too. I'm really hoping Borders can stave off bankruptcy for another two months so my $12 preorder for the Blu-ray version goes through.

[quote name='FactionG']1.11 is so beautiful... in BD... :drool:[/QUOTE]

This is true. Go for the Bluray, this isn't one of Funi's upscale f***ups. 2.22 should have the same superior quality in HD as 1.11.

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Yup, and the film is absolutely gorgeous too. I'm really hoping Borders can stave off bankruptcy for another two months so my $12 preorder for the Blu-ray version goes through.[/QUOTE]

Wait wait wait...Borders is filing bankruptcy? God damn it.

[quote name='Blade']Wait wait wait...Borders is filing bankruptcy? God damn it.[/QUOTE]
Not quite yet, but it's close. If you have gift cards, use them now.

In regards to the OP, I also wish that there was a deal on the BR version. I just put in an order for the BR version of 1.11. Can't wait to watch it! I'm a definite fan of the original show, so I'm looking forward to this.

bread's done
Back