[Amazon] Fallout New Vegas for PS3, $9.99 (ships within 2-3 weeks)

Azuvidexus

CAGiversary!
Since it's currently not in stock it doesn't show up by default, but if you check the right side of the screen it says that it's at $9.99 (normal price $19.99), but it ships within 2 to 3 weeks, and it's eligible for FREE Super Saver.

:ps3: http://www.amazon.com/Fallout-New-Vegas-Playstation-3/dp/B0028IBTLG/

Any comments about this deal? I used to be interested in the game, but it seems that it's another one of Bethesda game that is full of bugs?

No clue how long this will last.

After hearing good things about some of the DLC, and knowing that they raise the level cap, I'd personally wait for the Ultimate Edition to go down in price. I played through this already on the PS3 and reached the level cap fairly early on without owning any of the DLC.

Bug issues should largely be solved now with patches, but I can't comment on the PS3 version specifically since I didn't play it there. IMO, great game and well worth $10, but I don't think PSN has been quite as good as Steam in putting the DLC for dirt cheap in sales, so perhaps smart to just wait for a cheap Ultimate Edition at this point.

I honestly loved the game, I bought it for my ps3 when it first came out and never regret buying it since. I recently bought the Ultimate Edition from gohastings 33% off sale for $30. But overall, the ps3 version does freeze and lags more than the xbox version but didn't bother me though, I think $10 is good unless you want to cough up $30 more for the Ultimate Edition and play the whole package!

Not really a good deal, unless you don't care about the story DLC. Assuming you do, you'd have to spend $50 (each piece of story DLC is $10). Pretty sure you can get the Ultimate Edition for cheaper than $50 now.

The PS3 version is mostly fine when it comes to bugs, but it does have some issues with lag every now and again (has something to do with the save file- lag isn't normally present until later in the game). I've also had the game randomly just stop/crash and kick me out to the home menu, but it's only happened twice in the 50+ hours I've played it.

I have the Ultimate Edition BTW.

Anyone know if you can simply download the DLC chapters off the collection disk and play them with the vanilla game disk (like other GOTY editions)?

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Anyone know if you can simply download the DLC chapters off the collection disk and play them with the vanilla game disk (like other GOTY editions)?[/QUOTE]

It's on the disc, just like Fallout 3 GOTY.

[quote name='Tygamr']Not really a good deal, unless you don't care about the story DLC. Assuming you do, you'd have to spend $50 (each piece of story DLC is $10). Pretty sure you can get the Ultimate Edition for cheaper than $50 now.

The PS3 version is mostly fine when it comes to bugs, but it does have some issues with lag every now and again (has something to do with the save file- lag isn't normally present until later in the game). I've also had the game randomly just stop/crash and kick me out to the home menu, but it's only happened twice in the 50+ hours I've played it.

I have the Ultimate Edition BTW.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played Fallout NV. Why do they charge so much for the DLC? It's a real kick in the ass for the people who paid full price for the vanilla, but explains why Target had it clearanced for $6.

Also, is all of the DLC that is available free on the disc?

bread's done
Back