Amazon: Fatal Frame Deal

I received all three games today... does anyone else think these look like fakes? I can't pinpoint what it is... but they just don't look right.

[quote name='Lonsta']I received all three games today... does anyone else think these look like fakes? I can't pinpoint what it is... but they just don't look right.[/QUOTE]
How about some high res pics?

[quote name='SaintAnger']I remember Macdill AFB (Tampa obviously lol) having the third one for PS2 for $20 a few months back. I picked up two copies of Rule of Rose from there for $20 each. They had about 20 or so copies of Rule and 10 of Fatal 3. Military bases are a great place for games. They always have a clearance section that has alot of games and some are hard to come by. I know not everyone has access to a base but if you have someone who is in the armed forces its worth a tag-along to the nearest base with them. That's how I get in lol.[/QUOTE]

I actually bought Fatal Frame 3 used off ebay in 2009 lol. Still in the backlog of shame, though.

[quote name='Dreamcastguy']Yeah I still have a chance to cancel my order.

Did anyone else see something off about the games?[/QUOTE]

Would also like some feedback about this. I really wanna grab these for the collection finally, but not if something's "wrong" with them. :/

The games come packaged in the newer ps2 cases without the memory card holder.

[quote name='Lonsta']I received all three games today... does anyone else think these look like fakes? I can't pinpoint what it is... but they just don't look right.[/QUOTE]

Well if it's just the newer case thing then that isn't anything too bad.

All the reprints of this game came in the cases without memory card holders as far as I know.

[quote name='romeogbs19']So sad Nintendo didn't bring Fatal Frame over to the Wii in the States.[/QUOTE]
Take it from someone who bought a Wii in the first to softmod it & play Fatal Frame 4 in the first place; it's horrid garbage, everything seems to be a step back in controls, story, suspense, combat etc. Ruka's booty can't make me overlook all of its faults.

[quote name='dmdragon']I'm tell you, if Sony came out with a new model that has backwards compatibility they would double their sales and leave xbox and wii in the dust in sales.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, because playing old PS2 games is the thing that is holding Average Joe back from purchasing a PS3 these days. The reality is backwards compatibility is no longer a very important feature, this was not the case when the system first launched and there wasn't much of a library of PS3 games. Back then the time between great titles was much longer than it is now, so people would go back to highly regarded classics that they might have missed the first time around, which made the backwards compatibility feature a valuable one to the early PS3 adopters...

bread's done
Back